Login

russian armor

SturmTiger+KT

11 Mar 2016, 02:34 AM

Does the sturmT not qualify as a call-in heavy? It should not be possible to call in a sturmtiger and a KT at the same time for one player. I realize people who only care about 1v1s don't mind too much for this, but I play mostly 2v2s and its feasible in some of those longer matches.

The sturmT can almost 1-shot an ISU, has 220 armor and 1280 hp. The 220 armor is obviously pretty low for it to be a heavy, but 240 is pretty low which is the churchill, and the offset for that is the large health pool which a strumT also gets. In 2v2s you can see a strumT a KT and JagD or another KT between two players at once. It's pretty ridiculous trying to kill these combos, flanking isn't really an option when you've three high health targets + mobs of shrecks.
11 Mar 2016, 03:04 AM

The sturmT can almost 1-shot an ISU

In 2v2s you can see a strumT a KT and JagD or another KT between two players at once.

Lol a ST should never be able to shoot a usual

Update your game, they cannot have a JT and KT anymore...
11 Mar 2016, 07:57 AM

Update your game, they cannot have a JT and KT anymore...

"In 2v2s you can see a strumT a KT and JagD or another KT between two players at once."

I don't really see it as a big problem in 2vs2, it feels very rare to see a sturmtiger at all nowadays. And if you're giving the opponents the opportunity to get all those heavies in a 2v2, you probably either lost the game earlier or don't apply enough pressure before they arrive.
11 Mar 2016, 08:02 AM

"In 2v2s you can see a strumT a KT and JagD or another KT between two players at once."

I don't really see it as a big problem in 2vs2, it feels very rare to see a sturmtiger at all nowadays. And if you're giving the opponents the opportunity to get all those heavies in a 2v2, you probably either lost the game earlier or don't apply enough pressure before they arrive.

ST is an assault gun like brumbar but with bigger aoe damage but much higher reload
11 Mar 2016, 08:30 AM

ST is an assault gun like brumbar but with bigger aoe damage but much higher reload

Hmm, not too sure what your point is? I know what a sturmtiger is :)
11 Mar 2016, 08:35 AM

Hmm, not too sure what your point is? I know what a sturmtiger is :)

Not a heavy tank = means you can field one
11 Mar 2016, 08:48 AM

Not a heavy tank = means you can field one

Ah I see. Well it is a heavy assault gun, as is ISU-152 for example, and I'm pretty sure the ST is limited to 1 already? No issues there.

The thing OP has an issue with is OKW being able to field a HTD/HAG as well as a king tiger, in other words 2 heavy vehicles at the same time. That's unique for OKW. While I don't want to comment on 1vs1(def. not an issue there) or 3vs3/4vs4 I don't think it's a problem in 2vs2 either. Might happen rarely in very long games where allied side has been pressured for a long period of time.
11 Mar 2016, 08:51 AM

Ah I see. Well it is a heavy assault gun, as is ISU-152 for example, and I'm pretty sure the ST is limited to 1 already? No issues there.

The thing OP has an issue with is OKW being able to field a HTD/HAG as well as a king tiger, in other words 2 heavy vehicles at the same time. That's unique for OKW. While I don't want to comment on 1vs1(def. not an issue there) or 3vs3/4vs4 I don't think it's a problem in 2vs2 either. Might happen rarely in very long games where allied side has been pressured for a long period of time.

From my knowledge almost every call in is limited
He said that was a 2vs2 1 player can't field KT and JT
Keaving the fact that the game consider ST a medium tank (try use skin)
Btw I think we are trying to prove the same point
11 Mar 2016, 08:58 AM
Patrion 14

SU can call in one IS2 and as many KV8s as they like, iirc.

UKF can have a Croc or AVRE and as many normal Churchils as they like.

If you have problems dealing with the ST, try and play a few games with it (if you own the commander). If you know its weaknesses, you will be able to exploit those.
11 Mar 2016, 09:10 AM

From my knowledge almost every call in is limited
He said that was a 2vs2 1 player can't field KT and JT
Keaving the fact that the game consider ST a medium tank (try use skin)
Btw I think we are trying to prove the same point

Ah correct, I went away from my original thought.

It's really considered medium when coming to skins? Weird. Same time considered heavy with field limit.

Yeah no argument here really. OP's point is still valid though, so I'll wait for his response.
11 Mar 2016, 09:47 AM

SturmTiger OP, daddy G needs a nerf.
11 Mar 2016, 09:50 AM

SturmTiger OP, daddy G needs a nerf.

Why and what would you "change" (not nerf)
11 Mar 2016, 09:52 AM

I was being sarcastic.

He is the first and only guy to start a balance thread about ST.
11 Mar 2016, 10:39 AM

He never said ST is OP
11 Mar 2016, 13:09 PM

The sturmT can almost 1-shot an ISU

"almost" ? :hansWUT:
11 Mar 2016, 14:14 PM

Is this the guy i beat yesterday in Minsk Pocket?

I had a SturmTiger and later on a KT, while my friend had an Elephant.

Problem was, the Russian and USF kept trying to rush us through the mid section, instead of flanking, ofc they would lose.
11 Mar 2016, 15:06 PM

Sturmtiger's not a big deal, IMO. I don't see it as much different from having multiple Churchills on the field.
11 Mar 2016, 15:26 PM

Is this the guy i beat yesterday in Minsk Pocket?

I had a SturmTiger and later on a KT, while my friend had an Elephant.

Problem was, the Russian and USF kept trying to rush us through the mid section, instead of flanking, ofc they would lose.

Well, it's almoast impossible to flank on minsk pocket. 3-4 mines, bunker and gg.

Sturmtiger's not a big deal, IMO. I don't see it as much different from having multiple Churchills on the field.

Lulz. Becasue CHurchill can one shot you entire army/tank without even knowing it's aming at you..
11 Mar 2016, 18:00 PM

Well, it's almoast impossible to flank on minsk pocket. 3-4 mines, bunker and gg.

Lulz. Becasue CHurchill can one shot you entire army/tank without even knowing it's aming at you..

And the AVRE does what again?
11 Mar 2016, 18:20 PM

And the AVRE does what again?

I dont think the AVRE has the same range as the sturm (idr tho) or the ability to pass through buildings I think that was his point, at any rate I dont think its an issue due to the fact that the ST spends more time reloading than actually in the fight, it costs almost as much as a panther which is far more durable, mobile and constant (with much less burst potential granted) a kt + ST is a very heavy investment
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 27
Netherlands 8
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak