Login

russian armor

Is it just me... Shreck blobs seem to be unreal now.

11 Mar 2016, 16:54 PM

probably not great representation but it seems UKF and OKW are doing the best after hotfix patch.

http://coh2chart.com/

USF dropped after hotfix and poor SU has dropped even lower... nobody cares about poor SU

Oh, I'm looking at 1v1s post hotfix btw for those who are curious.

To be fair, i think SU and WM are both in dire need of something, which is kind of sad, it looks like both vanilla factions are being left behind. And yes, this week patch/hotfix seems to make things a bit more even, which is good. We will see what will happen during this week-end ESL.
11 Mar 2016, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2016, 16:54 PMSlaYoU

To be fair, i think SU and WM are both in dire need of something, which is kind of sad, it looks like both vanilla factions are being left behind. And yes, this week patch/hotfix seems to make things a bit more even, which is good. We will see what will happen during this week-end ESL.

SU and WM are in dire need of nerfing DLC factions.
11 Mar 2016, 18:27 PM

SU and WM are in dire need of nerfing DLC factions.

I don't know, i still think buffing them can achieve balance without frustrating the dlc players. I wish noone the kind of frustration i've been experiencing with WM so far.
11 Mar 2016, 21:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2016, 11:52 AMSlaYoU

Player messing up ? And frankly saying he was watching TV while playing ? I am just saying that mistakes are not punished the same way across factions, and those replays show it the most. As i said, WM screws up == stomped, and US screws up == game is still winnable (in this match up, i'm not talking about anything else). Anyway, you are just another knowitall too happy to see WM stomped in 1v1s, and are not worth my time answering you. You are asked the same task than your spiritual master Katitov: find me a game where WM loses 4 squads by the 15 mins mark, and manages to hold the game 40+ mins. I know you can't, and this alone proves what i am saying is closer to truth than anything you can say.

Protip: don't watch TV while playing like i was

there you have your representative balance talk lol

I'm sorry man, i used 2 of your games to highlight my point, it was pure coincidence. And what's your input on the matter ? Do you feel it is normal to mount that kind of comeback after such awful starts on both games (you are good, i do not question that)? Maybe better phrased: do you feel it is normal that WM had to work so hard to win those games after having such a good early game (because of your TV, whatever).

in 1v1 Allies have an advantage in the early game and that's cool, that's what this game is about. in the late game Axis is easier. It's your objective as axis to hold on until lategame for your good vet and units.

what you completely forget is the micro cost. microing US late- and midgame is extremely stressful. As wehr, you can build your mg/pak wall, have some spotters and snipers behind. as US, managing to flank with rifles and smoke grenades and rushing in shermans in the right angle firing smoke and focusing the right units takes a lot more effort

the micro cost is generally neglected by forum discussion. the usual comparisons are "unit vs unit" or "faction vs faction" but the effort of the player and micro intensity of units aren't mentioned.
the jove game wasn't that bad the most time. however there is one point in which jove had a massive army and attacked with every unit at the right spot at the same time. that's an insane amount of skill which few people have but also can comprehend. thats's also the reason for the playercard thingy. without experience you don't understand such "hotspot moments". forum discussions are led in a vacuum with only considering the variables you need.
11 Mar 2016, 22:10 PM

Just had a unbeatable shereck blob. Can't counter with MGs, Pack howies or bunkers because of Stuka. 4 Shermans with HE shells and MG upgrades shooting at the big cluster of shreck squads couldn't kill those vetted squads at all. I think they really need to buff the HE shells against infantry.
11 Mar 2016, 22:19 PM

in 1v1 Allies have an advantage in the early game and that's cool, that's what this game is about. in the late game Axis is easier. It's your objective as axis to hold on until lategame for your good vet and units.

what you completely forget is the micro cost. microing US late- and midgame is extremely stressful. As wehr, you can build your mg/pak wall, have some spotters and snipers behind. as US, managing to flank with rifles and smoke grenades and rushing in shermans in the right angle firing smoke and focusing the right units takes a lot more effort

the micro cost is generally neglected by forum discussion. the usual comparisons are "unit vs unit" or "faction vs faction" but the effort of the player and micro intensity of units aren't mentioned.
the jove game wasn't that bad the most time. however there is one point in which jove had a massive army and attacked with every unit at the right spot at the same time. that's an insane amount of skill which few people have but also can comprehend. thats's also the reason for the playercard thingy. without experience you don't understand such "hotspot moments". forum discussions are led in a vacuum with only considering the variables you need.

Thanks for the input. I agree with the fact that the whole asymetry in this game revolves around allies having better early games (especially US), and axis the better lategame (especially OKW). This is the heart of this game. Though i don't agree that WM lategame is good enough to have such a hard early game. The trade is simply not equal. And micro wise, it's not like allies were controling more squads than axis (with every squad costing ~ the same population cap), so again, i'm not sure i am agreeing. It's not like sniper and paks require less micro than say, a sherman flanking ? Again i might be wrong, and this patch might have brought things a bit more towards balanced state (so the whole discussion is maybe obsolete now, still i am waiting to see more games to decide whether or not i shall go on with my personal crusade), since WM vetted infantry is kind of efficient. Until then, hf :)
11 Mar 2016, 22:31 PM

I agree. Micro cost is an important factor.

What about the micro cost vs Maxim spam? Vs Vickers spam?

What about the micro cost vs Lmg rifleman blob?

A lot of the OP strategies are those that reduce micro cost for the user and increase micro cost for the opponent. I think Allies have plenty of these options. Don't you agree?
11 Mar 2016, 23:33 PM

True words man. I can back this up. I'm always a lot more relaxed when playing axis, especially when playing OKW. On the other side it is a lot more satisfying to win in this stressful situation when playing allies and game already reached the late game stage. Winning with allies feels more rewarding because of this. To all axis only players: Try it too.
12 Mar 2016, 01:12 AM

"in 1v1 Allies have an advantage in the early game and that's cool, that's what this game is about. in the late game Axis is easier. It's your objective as axis to hold on until lategame for your good vet and units."

UKF are meant to be the opposite, weak early ( which is certainly true) and gaining strength through the game. I'm not sure it's entirely true but that's how its meant to be...

Good point regarding micro, though if anyone thinks that taking care of a thin skinned Cromwell is easier than one of the Axis behemoths which just has to advance and retreat to be effective...Try three tanks and two snipers on the field as UKF. :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★