Login

russian armor

Halo Wars 2

9 Mar 2016, 15:51 PM

Halo Wars was a strategy game for xbox, developed by MS and Creative Assembly. Had some unique game play and great graphics. Slated to release Q3 2016.

9 Mar 2016, 16:32 PM

So another Xbox exclusive game, sigh.
9 Mar 2016, 16:42 PM
10 Mar 2016, 08:15 AM

Yay, Halo War 1 looks good, PC need another decent RTS.
11 Mar 2016, 01:01 AM
Patrion 310

If you think CA/SEGA is just building a big RTS team for Halo wars 2 which has been confirmed to be around 150-200 developers (windows 10 on PC/Xbox) then I really don't know what to say.
In comparison, the new TW: Arena ESL title is only 30 developers. COH2 was around 70 developers at its peak development.

The Console Team behind Halo Wars 2:

Youtube views: 7.584.492

Creative Assembly is taking some big risks with the Warhammer IP but if successful they will be able to compete with MOBA/MMO games, not just on PC but also on console.
As another recent hint, the SEGA console team (a former THQ employee that did PR for COH) was "poking around" on Helpinghans twitch stream and looking for popular COH/Dawn Of War streamers. IMO, SEGA will be making a new Warhammer title for Xbox/Windows 10 as soon CA's AAA console team is done with Halo Wars 2.

‘Halo Wars 2’ Update: Dev Confirms Game at the Final Testing
http://www.lawyerherald.com/articles/32792/20160209/halo-wars-2-update-title-comes-at-xbox-event-game-dev-confirms-game-at-the-final-testing.htm

http://segmentnext.com/2016/03/02/halo-wars-2-update-given-by-phil-spencer/
While talking to IGN Phil Spencer was discussing the Xbox One and all of the news that has been released around the console and PC. One thing he brought up in the discussion was Halo 2 as an example of games he’s looking forward to:

“Spencer feels “really good about our core games,” and cited Halo Wars 2 as something he’s particularly interested in. “I love that we have Halo Wars 2 coming this year, I really think strategy is an underserved category on consoles. I love the first Halo Wars, I love the team we’re working with, this time, Creative Assembly is great.”

Why would a Microsoft-owned studio (343 Industries) outsource their biggest game IP to a SEGA owned studio without getting something in return? Microsoft is not stupid, they know Warhammer has the potential to become big on the Windows 10 platform, so this is a win-win deal for both SEGA and Microsoft.

Not to mention, COH on Windows 10:

Company of Heroes dev reckons it's solved the RTS on console problem
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-02-company-of-heroes-dev-reckons-its-solved-the-rts-on-console-problem

I don't know about Relic, but CA has some talented game designers that most definitely have what it takes to make a big Warhammer ESL title. Over the last couple of years, CA has been redirecting their AAA console team (the dev team behind Alien Isolation) to start working on RTS with Halo Wars 2 on the Windows 10 platform with Microsoft. Now, what does that tell you?
11 Mar 2016, 02:10 AM

Hope that it would be less buggy than COH2 for a start.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★