Login

russian armor

Minesweeper can't detect mines (VetReinforce)

6 Mar 2016, 18:35 PM

This works exactly like the VetReinforce bug. It seems that engineer squad reinforcements are unable to detect mines, even if the squad had been previously upgraded with a minesweeper. I am guessing this is one of the upgrades/veterancy issues that have cropped up post Feb 26.

Conveniently, the engineers will keep carrying the minesweeper around, but the effect is purely cosmetic.

6 Mar 2016, 18:43 PM

I have also experienced this bug now in several games. I'm not able to detect mines, think it's fine and roll a tank over it and explode. I thought maybe I wasn't looking but I was standing ontop of a minefield that was freshly laid and I could not see it... I was using brit sweepers.
6 Mar 2016, 18:50 PM

It looks more conected to the "we make mines unable to be seen by radio interception"
6 Mar 2016, 19:38 PM

It looks more conected to the "we make mines unable to be seen by radio interception"

No, it's a VetReinforce-related bug. I even went to Cheatcommands mod to reproduce/verify it.
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 7 Mar 2016, 18:18 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Which Squad are you using and what kind of Mines are you trying to detect? Unable to repro this issue.

Thanks
7 Mar 2016, 18:21 PM

Which Squad are you using and what kind of Mines are you trying to detect? Unable to repro this issue.

Thanks

That was Royal Enginers (UKF) trying to detect S-mines (OST).
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 7 Mar 2016, 18:43 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I did notice that some issued coming from the Cheat Mod was giving false positives. Looks fixed on the Hot fix build.

Thanks
7 Mar 2016, 18:51 PM

I did notice that some issued coming from the Cheat Mod was giving false positives. Looks fixed on the Hot fix build.

Thanks

Great to hear that it's fixed!

I first noticed the bug in-the-wild (in an 1vs1 game where my minesweeper-upgraded engineers could not detect and S-mine field and died). Then I reproduced the issue in cheat-mod to verify my suspicion. (I built an S-mine field, and then changed the allegiance of the mines to enemy).
7 Mar 2016, 20:15 PM

Ah luckely that I didn't see any ghosts with my sturmpio's. Blowing up with mine sweeper
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★