Login

russian armor

New commander ability - Counter barage

19 Feb 2016, 13:02 PM

Banned
Hey guys,

I don't know if you guys watched the stream this Wednesday, but tune in and watch from 00:59. (http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/v/46715508). The opponent of Brad just mad a LeFH so Brad turns on the counter barrage and just counters it in 5 secs. This completely rules out one of the counters to the emplacements, right?

The fact that Brad can't produce any units doesn't matter really. I mean, specially late game when you have a solid army, I don't mind not building a unit for a while.

Some thoughts about this? Not saying it's OP or so, but it looks very very strong to me.
19 Feb 2016, 13:09 PM

Barrage weapons with long cooldowns were NEVER emplacement counters, so it rules out nothing.

Also, brits never had any way to respond to indirect fire outside of immobile mortar pit.

Counterbarrage also have limited range, so there is nothing to discuss unless we see it in action.

Its doctrinal, based on base arty, have a downside and seems useful, I don't see anything wrong with that so far.
19 Feb 2016, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 13:09 PMKatitof
Barrage weapons with long cooldowns were NEVER emplacement counters, so it rules out nothing.

Also, brits never had any way to respond to indirect fire outside of immobile mortar pit.

Counterbarrage also have limited range, so there is nothing to discuss unless we see it in action.

Its doctrinal, based on base arty, have a downside and seems useful, I don't see anything wrong with that so far.

Lefhs are one of the safest ways to deal with enemy emplacements.
19 Feb 2016, 13:15 PM

Banned

Looks like I've encoutered Mister right here on the forum!

Barrage weapons with long cooldowns can be ONE of your weapons against emplacements, alongside others. It is one of mine and that seems to work just fine, specially if emplacements are bunched up together, it works wonders.
I don't say it's wrong nor OP, I want to discuss the ability shown in the video. If a free(?) ability can take down a 600 MP artillery piece, I think that's pretty potent specially in 2v2 and higher.
19 Feb 2016, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 13:15 PMTEKOA

Barrage weapons with long cooldowns can be ONE of your weapons against emplacements, alongside others.
I don't say it's wrong nor OP, I want to discuss the ability shown in the video.
If a free(?) ability can take down a 600 MP artillery piece, I think that's pretty potent specially in 2v2 and higher.

You better believe him, he knows what he's talking about :romeoHairDay:

Can you give me an exact time? Cant find the Part where he used it :(
19 Feb 2016, 13:25 PM

No one builds that garbage leFH, so don't worry.

And leIGs are mobile .
19 Feb 2016, 13:33 PM

Banned

You better believe him, he knows what he's talking about :romeoHairDay:

Can you give me an exact time? Cant find the Part where he used it :(

minute 59 and up :)
19 Feb 2016, 13:36 PM

You meant LEIGs?

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 13:15 PMTEKOA

Barrage weapons with long cooldowns can be ONE of your weapons against emplacements, alongside others. It is one of mine and that seems to work just fine, specially if emplacements are bunched up together, it works wonders.
I don't say it's wrong nor OP, I want to discuss the ability shown in the video. If a free(?) ability can take down a 600 MP artillery piece, I think that's pretty potent specially in 2v2 and higher.

Because you know, brace?

Static 600 mp howis have a bunch of their own problems, especially now that they can't be built in base sectors, while all their previous hardcounters are as potent and cheezy as ever.
19 Feb 2016, 13:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 13:33 PMTEKOA

minute 59 and up :)

thats why i couldnt spot it, its from 58:30mins up, at 59mins its all over already lol
19 Feb 2016, 14:03 PM
Donator 22

hey can I counter barrage the counter Barrage, with my own howitzer vet1 counter barrage?
19 Feb 2016, 14:20 PM
19 Feb 2016, 14:20 PM

Banned

thats why i couldnt spot it, its from 58:30mins up, at 59mins its all over already lol

ah k :D Sorry mate.
19 Feb 2016, 14:23 PM

Leigfest > Lefhfest Keepo
19 Feb 2016, 14:56 PM

What do you use to counter emplacements?
19 Feb 2016, 15:01 PM

What do you use to counter emplacements?

2-3 volks and a pair of puppchens vs bofors, not blobbed, volks draw fire, puppchens on stealth approach from another angle for surprise burst, shrecks alone are enough vs anything else.
Pressuring mortar pit with constant ISG barrage as OKW.

As Ost, MHT is potent with incendiary barrage, if carelessly parked, use PaKs, if hidden, shreck PGs are enough. Obviously there is gren cover for PGs as Ost.

You want to attack when you pushed off tommies or when they are on another part of the map, you don't want to fight tommies AND emplacements at the same time, lone vickers can be dealt with wide approach.
19 Feb 2016, 15:53 PM

Here is an idea how to nullify is counter battery lock.

Attack, make him bleed, he won't be able to refit his casualties so he'll be forced to concede ground.

You barely see Lehf anyway, not that it's an excuse, but field howitzers are definitely non-meta.

The fact you can't build units is a big deal that simcity-phobics are glossing over.I like the principle that this is a slight gamble, a ill timed counter battery could really screw you up.
19 Feb 2016, 17:04 PM

He also showed that the bases counter-barrage had a range that didn't cover the entire map. If the player had built the howitzer just a little further back he would have been out of range. Not to mention it will be a lot less useful on larger maps.
19 Feb 2016, 17:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 15:01 PMKatitof

2-3 volks and a pair of puppchens vs bofors, not blobbed, volks draw fire, puppchens on stealth approach from another angle for surprise burst, shrecks alone are enough vs anything else.
Pressuring mortar pit with constant ISG barrage as OKW.

As Ost, MHT is potent with incendiary barrage, if carelessly parked, use PaKs, if hidden, shreck PGs are enough. Obviously there is gren cover for PGs as Ost.

You want to attack when you pushed off tommies or when they are on another part of the map, you don't want to fight tommies AND emplacements at the same time, lone vickers can be dealt with wide approach.

did you not see how fast that mortar pit died to the lefh? if the brit player doesnt brace its dead, and if they do brace it makes way for your infantry.
19 Feb 2016, 17:23 PM

It's the same thing as the Ostheer's Lefh & mortor with counter barrage. No complaints about those.
19 Feb 2016, 17:25 PM

did you not see how fast that mortar pit died to the lefh? if the brit player doesnt brace its dead, and if they do brace it makes way for your infantry.

Yeah, I did, so I'd say we can argue that it counters it and doesn't, depending on the state of brace at the time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★