Login

russian armor

What happened to Rifle Company?

16 Feb 2016, 04:44 AM

I've been away from the game for a while because of college courses. I checked back recently and discovered that Rifle Company has been nerfed! Why? The most effective USF commander in the game and they chopped it down! Where are the veteran rifle squads? Why is even called Rifle Company anymore? What commander am I supposed to use now? Prior to the nerf, the other commanders were only half as effective as Rifle. Is the USF just doomed to be the weakest faction?
16 Feb 2016, 04:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I've been away from the game for a while because of college courses. I checked back recently and discovered that Rifle Company has been nerfed! Why? The most effective USF commander in the game and they chopped it down! Where are the veteran rifle squads? Why is even called Rifle Company anymore? What commander am I supposed to use now? Prior to the nerf, the other commanders were only half as effective as Rifle. Is the USF just doomed to be the weakest faction?

Well ya see, they released Tactical Support afterwards, so problem solved on that end.
16 Feb 2016, 04:57 AM

Tactical Support does not include veteran rifle squads. It is not a replacement for Rifle Company.
16 Feb 2016, 05:10 AM

It doesn't support Vet Rifles, but it does support 1919s which are way better into Calliope cancer.

Just got it in a warspoil today, so psyched :D
16 Feb 2016, 05:29 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It is still one of the best USF commanders, and USF is still arguably the best 1v1 faction. Vet rifles went because buying veterancy is a dumb mechanic, and the other abilities like elite troops and veteran Osttruppen were changed to get rid of that as well.
16 Feb 2016, 05:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2016, 05:29 AMTobis
It is still one of the best USF commanders, and USF is still arguably the best 1v1 faction. Vet rifles went because buying veterancy is a dumb mechanic, and the other abilities like elite troops and veteran Osttruppen were changed to get rid of that as well.

:*(
16 Feb 2016, 05:46 AM

ees ok, we have Calliope and Pershing now
16 Feb 2016, 06:09 AM

And usf riflemen still beat grens&volks 1v1. Unless rng god says no.
16 Feb 2016, 06:12 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Because it was broken as pudding.
16 Feb 2016, 06:14 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

It's a really good commander still, echelons suite with flamers so much more than rifles did. You have a really good sherman and when you flank, use the white phosphorus rounds to basically make enemy crumble.
16 Feb 2016, 08:30 AM

Tactical Support does not include veteran rifle squads. It is not a replacement for Rifle Company.

Nothing offers vetted units and nothing will, because it was broken.
16 Feb 2016, 08:47 AM

its still a great commander. double flamer echelons help out a lot, white phosphorous barrage is great for countering blobs and EZ8's are amazing tanks + you can get more than 1 of them.

the flare is a nice addition as it lets you recon an area very effectively. the sprint ability is a bit lacklustre as it slows your riflemen down after the sprint, for no reason really. and i often forget that it even exists. but it is good for reaching houses or cover first and at nadeing a tank i guess..
16 Feb 2016, 10:26 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2016, 08:30 AMKatitof

Nothing offers vetted units and nothing will, because it was broken.

Tiger Ace :foreveralone:
16 Feb 2016, 20:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

its still a great commander. double flamer echelons help out a lot

Exploiter detected or you mean 2 RET :P
16 Feb 2016, 21:51 PM

Exploiter detected or you mean 2 RET :P

3 is max for me, anything beyond that just doesnt work for me :guyokay:

cant even exploit when i try to :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #