Login

russian armor

Panther...

7 Feb 2016, 05:02 AM

Ok, sorry fo proaxis players. So I play both sides, axis and allies, with axis it is so fking easy to win because even if you are getting fk up in early game like you have 1/3 of the map u gonna be ok you ot fking panther. For Axis its fkin nice because it is un even Okw ans wehr so as allies you are fking sure to face at leats 4 of them in a normal game, but omfg there front armor are so fking unpenetrable even with is2 or su85 they fking alays bounce.

And even if the price is high as soon as you get one you are able to hard counter any allied tank so if allies oesnt rush to kil it or use fking tgoof tactic to destroy its engine and chase it with atleast 2 t34 85 or 3 t34 76 the axis player can just do a second one and after that no win possible. Ok there is but at that point it is fking hard and you must play like a beast ive done it sometime but the point is that allies have no good counter at all. just heavy but with the speed of the panther and its fking long range shots plus it fking high armor when there is 2 its impossible to fight. And just a point in my opinion that a lot of non proaxis players wont agree is that OKW fked game balance hard. have fking best engenners by far, best tanks by far, and fking best emplacement and by fking far that one plus i forgot shrekspam. I am enjoying playing as axis i do it all the time but damnit feel so fking bad for allies because it is so fking easy to win allies have in a lots a category the worst tanks.

I would personaly suggest that panthers for okw arive after the 3 thing are build because it happen all the tme that i get out panthjers before the enemy can even call a t34. weel i think that it should be in only one of the 2 faction of axis otherwise there are just too of them and its already hard to kill that it make a autovictory if the agme pass 30 min

some people ill say if we do that it will just make the Germans with no good armor , but even if we take out the panther the still have better tanks than soviet. And you cannot not agree with me on that point the game is balance but it change when panthers come out , and just a point its much more op sine we can just get 1 heavy bcause panther cn fight heavy on its own. so soviet have 1 is2 2 34, the axis have 1 panther and 1 tiger the t34 cant pierce they get killed in 3 sec and the is2 cant deal with 2 of them. so panthers are just too op and i hope somethings gonna change because im tired of just win every time i take a panther out and but i want to win by i want more a balanced game.
PS sorry if thereis a lots au fault english is not my first languadge.

and pleas proaxis player or even pro allies player dont write on that topic i want to se people that are impartial like people like me that play both side

Thank for no raging if i offusqued some of you
7 Feb 2016, 05:33 AM

Someone on the Steam forums posted that the panther in COH2 has an 80% frontal armor, which means that basically 80& of the Panther body is considered front armor, the rest is rear. IRL the panther had excellent frontal armor and mediocre side armor. Anyways, maybe if flanking the fast panther was better rewarded then it would be more balanced... reducing the turret rotation speed due to the long cannon armament could also work.

I usually find mines very useful when fighting panthers since their speed allows them to cross the battlefield quickly. once their engines are damaged its much easier to deal with them.

can someone verify the 80% front armor stat too?
7 Feb 2016, 07:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 05:02 AMKranox
Ok, sorry fo proaxis players. So I play both sides, axis and allies, with axis it is so fking easy to win because even if you are getting fk up in early game like you have 1/3 of the map u gonna be ok you ot fking panther. For Axis its fkin nice because it is un even Okw ans wehr so as allies you are fking sure to face at leats 4 of them in a normal game, but omfg there front armor are so fking unpenetrable even with is2 or su85 they fking alays bounce.

And even if the price is high as soon as you get one you are able to hard counter any allied tank so if allies oesnt rush to kil it or use fking tgoof tactic to destroy its engine and chase it with atleast 2 t34 85 or 3 t34 76 the axis player can just do a second one and after that no win possible. Ok there is but at that point it is fking hard and you must play like a beast ive done it sometime but the point is that allies have no good counter at all. just heavy but with the speed of the panther and its fking long range shots plus it fking high armor when there is 2 its impossible to fight. And just a point in my opinion that a lot of non proaxis players wont agree is that OKW fked game balance hard. have fking best engenners by far, best tanks by far, and fking best emplacement and by fking far that one plus i forgot shrekspam. I am enjoying playing as axis i do it all the time but damnit feel so fking bad for allies because it is so fking easy to win allies have in a lots a category the worst tanks.

I would personaly suggest that panthers for okw arive after the 3 thing are build because it happen all the tme that i get out panthjers before the enemy can even call a t34. weel i think that it should be in only one of the 2 faction of axis otherwise there are just too of them and its already hard to kill that it make a autovictory if the agme pass 30 min

some people ill say if we do that it will just make the Germans with no good armor , but even if we take out the panther the still have better tanks than soviet. And you cannot not agree with me on that point the game is balance but it change when panthers come out , and just a point its much more op sine we can just get 1 heavy bcause panther cn fight heavy on its own. so soviet have 1 is2 2 34, the axis have 1 panther and 1 tiger the t34 cant pierce they get killed in 3 sec and the is2 cant deal with 2 of them. so panthers are just too op and i hope somethings gonna change because im tired of just win every time i take a panther out and but i want to win by i want more a balanced game.
PS sorry if thereis a lots au fault english is not my first languadge.

and pleas proaxis player or even pro allies player dont write on that topic i want to se people that are impartial like people like me that play both side

Thank for no raging if i offusqued some of you

Axis are in a weaker spot then they've been in a long time.
7 Feb 2016, 08:14 AM

The rage is strong in this one.

Panther is in a good spot. It's AI is less than mediocre, run over a mine and you lose it in a lot of cases. It is out ranged by SU85s, Jacksons and Fireflies.
It has quite the long reload and less dps than stugs.

It is also more expensive than all allied ranks, except comet, and has a high teching cost.
7 Feb 2016, 08:16 AM

can someone verify the 80% front armor stat too?

Every vehicle has 50% front and 50% rear armour.
7 Feb 2016, 08:47 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 08:16 AMDomine

Every vehicle has 50% front and 50% rear armour.

Its not true, for example elefant is covered with its frontal armor almost entirely, to the point where all side armor is considered frontal. But most tanks in fact have 50/50 split.
7 Feb 2016, 09:05 AM

1. playercard

2. stop talking trash
7 Feb 2016, 09:59 AM

Axis are in a weaker spot then they've been in a long time.

I doubt that. The time between ukf Release and okw rework was much harsher ( I remember all allied factions had like 70+ winrate?) It's okish at the moment except for ost vs brit

@OP ayyy lmao
7 Feb 2016, 11:37 AM

I posted that line half a dozen times on this forum already: The Panthers damage output is lower than that of a Panzer IV due to the slow rate of fire.

In most cases the better penetration value does not matter.

And last but not least: Tanks are better countered with a StuG.

So it should be hard to knock out for that cost.
7 Feb 2016, 12:22 PM

Biggest prob with a Panther is that it reverses at the same speed it goes forward.

Other then that its fine - its even fluffy aside from self ignition and breakdowns.
7 Feb 2016, 13:46 PM
Donator 22

I have a dream that one day this forum will rise up and live out the true meaning of CoH2's creed: "Before I complain about everything I cannot handle ingame, I will try my best to improve, instead of spamming the coh2.org balance forums with my threads. #adapt."
7 Feb 2016, 16:18 PM

Panther's fine. Its quick and durable, but has low DPS (I believe only the FF is lower) vs tanks and requires all 3 MGs firing point blank to hurt infantry.
7 Feb 2016, 16:59 PM

You said "fk, fking, or fked" 16 times. Please calm down sir.
7 Feb 2016, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 05:02 AMKranox

Somebody, please give this man some Siberian Vodka.
7 Feb 2016, 18:46 PM

wtf is this thread.
Uhu
7 Feb 2016, 19:24 PM

Panther is fine.

They are troublesome to face, as it should be. Their AI is horrendous, and the main gun is inaccurate on the move.

What needs to be reworked is the t34/76, but that's another topic.
7 Feb 2016, 19:31 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 18:46 PMpugzii
wtf is this thread.
Panther rant thread. In all seriousness the panther is fine there are literally hundreds of counters. Mines, Jacksons, Comet, Bazooka Block, Su 85 or 76, con blob with at nade, arty cover, p47's, at guns, vanguard. Panthers are tricky, but you can always be cheap and ram a tank in, stall him out and at nade him to death
7 Feb 2016, 20:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I have a dream that one day this forum will rise up and live out the true meaning of CoH2's creed: "Before I complain about everything I cannot handle ingame, I will try my best to improve, instead of spamming the coh2.org balance forums with my threads. #adapt."

Amen.
7 Feb 2016, 20:53 PM

Panther would be absolutely fine if Relic implemented actual reverse speeds.

As all tanks can drive forward and backwards at the same speed it would be better to change the armour values to 50/50 front and back.
8 Feb 2016, 02:12 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 20:53 PMGrim
Panther would be absolutely fine if Relic implemented actual reverse speeds.

As all tanks can drive forward and backwards at the same speed it would be better to change the armour values to 50/50 front and back.

engine limitation, not going to happen.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 97
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak