Login

russian armor

Comet attack vs all type units (almost like tiger)

7 Feb 2016, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 07:27 AMNEVEC
At the time you can buy comet you can get 2 cromwells.

110 x2 vs 50 + 185. Comet has 50 less penetration and 30 less frontal armor than panter, + comet accuracy against armor is just bad. OP you said?

ofcurse its armor..., isaid : ALMOST
the point was its attack also good vs infantry and its movement,didnt say op but yap when 1 tank has all these option together should be fix
7 Feb 2016, 10:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 09:36 AMSoheil

'Almost' makes a huge difference.
the point was its attack also good vs infantry and its movement,

Because it have weaker armor, lesser penetration and costs more then panther... Comet IS a tiger of medium tanks, good all rounder, but doesn't excel anywhere.

didnt say op but yap when 1 tank has all these option together should be fix

Then why do you want to fix what isn't broken?
7 Feb 2016, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 09:36 AMSoheil

the point was its attack also good vs infantry and its movement,didnt say op but yap when 1 tank has all these option together should be fix

Comet isn't good at first and isn't great at second.

Better compare comet with pershing instead of panter and tiger. Compared to pershing 50 range wipe machine in price/effectivness comet feels fine for me, usually it misses 3 times of 4.
7 Feb 2016, 20:00 PM

'Almost' makes a huge difference.

Because it have weaker armor, lesser penetration and costs more then panther... Comet IS a tiger of medium tanks, good all rounder, but doesn't excel anywhere.

Then why do you want to fix what isn't broken?

i want u to test mode commet vs panther and u will found what i say,sir katiof
7 Feb 2016, 21:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 20:00 PMSoheil

Tell you what you're absolutely right mate! I think they should SWAP the stats for the panther and comet, including the price and vet bonuses!

7 Feb 2016, 21:11 PM

hehhhh something like this kappa
8 Feb 2016, 07:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 20:00 PMSoheil

Well lookie, lookie, Panther doesn't even sweat vs comet directly and isn't as far behind in AI as people think thanks to its obersoldaten LMG level AI dps from MGs.

Not my own clips obviously, but there is plenty showing superiority of cost effectiveness of Panther.

@Grim

+1
8 Feb 2016, 09:32 AM

These threads, please, I'm waiting for a thread that's saying sexton is op, official forums plox :snfBarton:

Comet is fine, it's all rounder which doesn't do anything extremely well, the only thing that's really better about it comparing to panther is the rear armor and anti inf OpieOP

I haven't had any problems with this unit in 2v2s, there's seriously nothing wrong with this unit tbh
8 Feb 2016, 10:06 AM

+1 to Katitof's masterful reply. Hooray!
8 Feb 2016, 10:19 AM

Love that how at 1:16 Comet does not penetrate Panther but sound and visual effect look like it does :hansGG: Relic
9 Feb 2016, 19:13 PM
Patrion 28

based on the videos i would consider the comet significantly better at AI than the V due to killing infantry slightly faster and also because it's more likely to get wipes because of the maingun being somewhat effective.

with that said, the comet is only decent AI at best.
9 Feb 2016, 21:20 PM

@Grim

+1

who wants extra hp and armour at vet 2 when you could have.....random nades. Because who doesn't purchase the most expensive medium tank in the game for its close quarters grenade ability against an axis army designed to fight at long range....
9 Feb 2016, 22:04 PM

for me panther blitzkrieg should allow uber speed only if u move forward :snfPeter:
OOK
9 Feb 2016, 22:17 PM

I honestly don't think the main gun is all that scary on the comet when it comes to infantry, it's better than a panther but practically anything short of an su85 is. For me it's the white phosphorus and non-random grenades that can really make the comet an infantry killer.

That being said I'm I huge fan of stugs so I normally don't have a problem with those abilities, but AT guns are really screwed against them with death smoke and nades.

I think that this gives it more utiltiy than a panther, which is something the newer armies seem to excel at. Better more extensive doctrines with unique and useful abilties, multifaceted units with great vet unlocks, and they're given abilities on their units that beginning factions had to get doctrinally. This is another thread entirely though.
9 Feb 2016, 22:59 PM

IMHO, comets are a lil bit overpriced, dont get me wrong i find them great, and for me the comet is the best médium ingame, even when it cannot go toe to toe against panthers. I also find that their true AI power shoes up when 2 or 3 of them kite a blob. Is then when it excels, good armor, mobility and AOE makes the comet a really good tank. It is in fact my favourite tank ingame.
15 Feb 2016, 05:27 AM

+1

note that the anti-infantry video is non optimal for both vehicles. The panther would kill faster if it face its hull against the infantry on the side. The comet would kill faster if it get to use grenades.
15 Feb 2016, 05:35 AM

My favorite thing about the comet's vet 2 nades is when they are on ice and manage to sink themselves XD
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 109
unknown 10
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak