Login

russian armor

what do you do as USF when confronting W on a choke map ?

5 Feb 2016, 13:24 PM

Dude, you should ALWAYS tech grenades as USF. I tend to tech after my second rifle squad is out.

And how are you not pushed off the map because of no map presence?

Oh right, 4v4.
5 Feb 2016, 13:31 PM

Oh right, 4v4.

Pretty much my thoughts.
5 Feb 2016, 14:26 PM
Donator 11

Oh right, 4v4.

I wonder if pushing nade tech to 15 would be better or if adjusting overall tech price could help fix this.
5 Feb 2016, 14:45 PM

I wonder if pushing nade tech to 15 would be better or if adjusting overall tech price could help fix this.

That would be extremely unfair to soviets and UKF in comparison for what they get for the price.
5 Feb 2016, 15:51 PM

Oh right, 4v4.

Lol amazing
5 Feb 2016, 20:47 PM

I remember in CoH1 teching grenades after the third riflemen was a viable and popular tactic. I tried that in CoH2 and I didn't see any effectiveness . Good players will just dodge nades and smoke is situational.

If you use that fuel to rush a tier you get a free unit plus a strong light vehicle. I prefer that instead.
Uhu
5 Feb 2016, 22:35 PM

I'll suggest something I've used in a similar situation.

In this scenario (4v4) my allies and I did not have fuel. We were losing badly. I only had an M20, a rifle squad, and a paratrooper squad w thompsons. (my crew weapons were wiped out)

What did I do? I distracted the mg with a rifle squad & RE squad.

In the meantime, I crewed the m20 with the paratrooper squad. Drove straight up to the mg house. My paratroopers decrewed the m20 and proceeded to lob nades and used focus fire on the house. We regained control of the map and won.

So the lesson is use the USF's ability to exit vehicles to your advantage. The M20 can act as a transport for your infantry (rifles/para) to close the gap. The m20 has a smoke ability - use it. It can also provide protection from snipers (and chase them down). I've used this to flank bunker spams and used timed charges on them too. Of course, this tactic is circumstantial. Ideally, the enemy forces should be elsewhere, and minimal AT defense.
Uhu
5 Feb 2016, 22:45 PM

Grenades are a hit and miss. I only tech them after observing how the opponent reacts to my movements. If they're 'sluggish', I'll tech and lob nades. Usually, I prefer not to use nades. I just flank/cause diversions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★