Login

russian armor

OKW, the only faction with constant cloak

4 Feb 2016, 15:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2016, 15:33 PMVuther

Well, I'm pretty sure it can't be exactly a copy of those ones (and I mean exactly), because Raketen's supposed to gain shittons of penetration. If the Mandos had that, they'd of course be killing tanks.

Your observation is correct. However, there is ample evidence of copypasta in the commandos case. (hover at the commandos ambush bonus tooltip and tell me what it says).

https://www.coh2.org/topic/47454/ukf-various-minor-bugs-tooltips-ui-inconsistencies
(issue #2)

Also, I struggle to believe that Relic would go ahead and reimplement a mechanism in a different way, if a similar mechanism already exists.
4 Feb 2016, 15:49 PM

This is balanced by Raketens having low range and DPS compared to other AT guns, and JP4 being the most expensive non-superheavy TD.

Granted, the JP4 phasing issue needs to be fixed, the cloak is fine. Maybe make it easier for infantry to detect so that supporting troops can protect your armor better, but no more than that.

I think a tad bit more. tripping flares and having flares thrown over it do.... nothing. Ability to instant recloak is pretty strong. Needs a recloak cooldown after firing, like 3 seconds. I think something similar to snipers recloak time excluding OST's sniper.
4 Feb 2016, 15:54 PM
4 Feb 2016, 15:59 PM
Patrion 15

Both, because COH2 cloak works much better then vCOHs. COH2 unit have no permanent cloak and it is really cool that way. All units in vCOH had permanent cloak (see Snipers) and all players (top or flop) agreed that the cloaking in COH2 is much better.
I don't know how else i can explain it.

Saying "cloaking on red cover shouldnt be allowed" one thing "okw has more camo units" another but anyways.
You rarely see a Raketen going offence. Its an ambush AT so having a camo feels very fine to me. Sniper camo changed for better yea but that doesnt change the fact about Raketen. I really dont think Its an issue balance perspective.
4 Feb 2016, 16:08 PM

4 Feb 2016, 16:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2016, 12:42 PMTalore
This is such a non-issue it hurts.

+1

They removed it from OH pak40 (shame) and SU has doctrinal cloak as well. Bugs aside (phasing), it's fine.
4 Feb 2016, 16:16 PM

Dont forget the advantages that Raketten has, cheapest AT gun and the highest ROF.And also the only AT gun that can retreat. I think that this is enough, dont you think? The cloak should stay but it should work like all the other units in this game.

It still suffers from inferior stats (such as firing cone and tracking speed) in many other cases. Raketen is far from being a balance problem. Its ability to retreat is balanced by the fact the crew has no protection unlike conventional AT guns.
4 Feb 2016, 17:45 PM
Patrion 14

imo Raketten cloak should be removed, now that you can have a shreck at minute 4 light vehicles are no issue at all imo.

Relic buffed the Raketten multiple times because shrecks came out so late, now that that issue is solved, it's no longer needed.
4 Feb 2016, 18:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2016, 12:21 PMruzen
I dont feel like Its an issue.

When I chased m36 in camo into the front of an 57mm atgun and captian, and destroyed m36, and get away in camo, it was a really big issue for my poor enemy. I hate the OKW at that moment, I cant imagine what my opponent feel.
4 Feb 2016, 18:10 PM

The value of these threads are equal to the use of NKVD.

I find these useless threads disturbing.
4 Feb 2016, 18:18 PM

bait thread

playercard pls
Can you stop this nonsense please? How is it troling? He DOES have a point.

I have lost multiple light vehicles to one sneaky puppchen powered by Andromeda-Cloacking-Technology. But it's most game breaking on falls.

Let's get rid of cheese once and for all.
4 Feb 2016, 18:20 PM
Donator 11

Having out-of-combat persistent cloak for those units is fine; it gives the game a bit of flavour.

However, in the way this is implemented, stealth is completely broken in this game:
- You can abuse stealth so that your JP4 is CONSTANTLY stealthed (even while firing)
- It even causes some phasing issues, where you can't hit stealthed units with attack round.

Here's a video that elchino created about it a long time ago:

(watch at the 1:05 mark about how to properly "use" JP4 camo)

I'm 99% sure that the predator phasing bug hasn't been fixed, yet. Last night I used the cloak to dodge some Tulip rockets (and kill off the 2 fireflies that fired them on me).

I will concede that at vet0, the Raketenwerfer is rather situational (slow speed, reduced range etc). However, to those of you complaining that the Raketenwerfer sucks, have you actually checked its veterancy?
- At vet1 there is no movement penalty to cloak
- At vet4, it can even outrun infantry

I would like to know how you guys manage to counter AECs/Calliopes without Raketens (no, mines don't count)

This is an issue contrary to everyones beliefs. The jagpzr 4 with vet can be a down fall for some armies such as if u go IS2. Imagine if the Jackson had active camo where rounds can phase through.
4 Feb 2016, 18:21 PM
Patrion 15

This is an issue contrary to everyones beliefs. The jagpzr 4 with vet can be a down fall for some armies such as if u go IS2. Imagine if the Jackson had active camo where rounds can phase through.

No one says THAT is not an issue. Did you read all the post before saying everyone?
4 Feb 2016, 18:22 PM
Donator 11

raketen has less range and its a light rocket AT Gun. Also raketens arent an issue. JP4 dodge camo is though.

At vet 2 or 3 it gets the same range as a normal AT gun. With vet the reketen is a super good AT platform.
4 Feb 2016, 19:20 PM

The value of these threads are equal to the use of NKVD.

I find these useless threads disturbing.

What an argument. You blew up my mind, wow!
4 Feb 2016, 19:33 PM

Can you stop this nonsense please? How is it troling? He DOES have a point.

I have lost multiple light vehicles to one sneaky puppchen powered by Andromeda-Cloacking-Technology. But it's most game breaking on falls.

Let's get rid of cheese once and for all.

sry but thats l2p

the aim time of a puppchen is like 2h.

have you ever played coh1?
4 Feb 2016, 19:35 PM

What an argument. You blew up my mind, wow!

What do you expect on a pointless thread?

I've never had problems with sneaky units nor anyone else (only snipers)
4 Feb 2016, 19:45 PM

It was changed to zero almost one year ago. WOW.
4 Feb 2016, 19:46 PM

Ok, i will try it one more time (is my english so bad?).

Relic, please DONT remove cloak from Raketten and JP4 but please, adjust it so it works like it works on all other factions.

As for the guy who said that Soviets have this also for their AT Gun in a doctrine, yes that's right but the AT gun with cloak activated, moves slower then a snail. But i am fine with it, if Relic would change that too (the permanent cloaking).

OKW got all this very good abilities for a very specific reason. They had resource penalties.
But now THEY DON'T HAVE THEM ANYMORE, why should they keep this abilities?

What do you expect on a pointless thread?

I've never had problems with sneaky units nor anyone else (only snipers)

Because you don't get the point that doesn't mean that there is no point. Maybe you should think about that.
4 Feb 2016, 19:59 PM

First thing they need to do is reduce the vision range of the cloaked units in 100%.

Other day I was playing a 2v2 where the okw made several defenses with trenches and MG, so I called in the mortars HT to use white phosphorus, but the guy kept sending his raketens cloaked, fired and retreated without any danger at all.

sry but thats l2p

have you ever played coh1?

so what? most vehicles get hit as soon as they enter the arc of fire anyway, this is barely an issue.

It still suffers from inferior stats (such as firing cone and tracking speed) in many other cases. Raketen is far from being a balance problem. Its ability to retreat is balanced by the fact the crew has no protection unlike conventional AT guns.

this is a straight up lie. OKW crews for some reason are way more durable than from any other
factions. LeIG crews are the worst offenders, they just shrug off small arms fire and grenades like they were firecrackers.

lately I found out that as a allied player I go 100% of times after the raketen for stealing purposes. I remember the last time I used one in 1v1 and I killed a KT with one raketen+ at nade, since the raketen penetrated EVERY shot. Right now they are just better than the PaK because of damage, mobility, stealth and retreat. And you can even put them on houses! oh wow.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 83

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight