Login

russian armor

matchmaking, ELO, and win/loss

3 Feb 2016, 07:15 AM

Hi

(I know the difference between in-game rank, XP rank, and I understand ELO and how it works)

I am surprised to see a ton of people in my skill bracket (say rank 100-300) with really nice win rates - talking about win rates of over 60%-70% with over 100 games played per faction. To me, that is an awesome win rate, because with a properly working matchmaking system players (except unique talent) would naturally fall within 45-55% win rate.

I don't understand... how do they win so much yet stay at this rank? Whenever I win a game, I go up by 30-40 ranks easily. Yet it appears they keep pwning people and stay low rank

Not that I care that much about Win/Loss, but when I play 1v1, I mainly get to play against people of my rank, and rarely do I play against much lower ranks. Heck, I once played Jove 3 games in a row.

I wonder how they do it :|
3 Feb 2016, 07:28 AM

Timezone might have a lot to do with it. North American time zones probably yield a large playerbase in automatch. Those of us on sparse longitudes are more likely to get poor matches in which you can stomp people lower-ranked than yourself more often.
3 Feb 2016, 14:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Timezone. If you play around GMT 18:00 you'll find lots of people. If you are from NA or Asia it's more than probable that you have half of the peak of players on a day.
3 Feb 2016, 14:39 PM

Play off-peak hours, stomp noobs, get wins, don't get ELO.

Beating a lot of noobs will not give you nearly the same ELO boost as beating single good player with higher rank then yours.

You can't really cheat ELO system with high W:L ratios.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★