Login

russian armor

Comeback Strats

1 Feb 2016, 09:11 AM

Hi all!

What is your go to plan if u are falling behind on the battlefield? U have been pushed back, the enemy has the majority of the map, possibly they even have superior forces. Do u have a unit u find helps u back into the game? Or a commander ability? What do u do to win that glorious come back?
1 Feb 2016, 10:26 AM

Hit surrender button and come back on another game.

Or just try to predicted what is going to do your opponent and build counters and cross your fingers.
1 Feb 2016, 10:55 AM
Patrion 15

Hi all!

What is your go to plan if u are falling behind on the battlefield? U have been pushed back, the enemy has the majority of the map, possibly they even have superior forces. Do u have a unit u find helps u back into the game? Or a commander ability? What do u do to win that glorious come back?

COH2 allready has too much comeback mechanics. Sometimes you just have to acknowledge a defeat and move on. This Isnt Hollywood movie.
2 Feb 2016, 00:48 AM

Fair call guys. I guess it is hard to comeback as USF once you lose that early aggression. It is just that the legends like DevM, Hans and Luvnest seem to never give up despite losing and even with the USF pieces they can pull of comebacks. I was just after dome tips on how they do it :)
2 Feb 2016, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2016, 10:55 AMruzen

COH2 allready has too much comeback mechanics. Sometimes you just have to acknowledge a defeat and move on. This Isnt Hollywood movie.

Dafuq you mean "come back mechanics", like It's some sort of thing Relic put in the game, comebacks are a result of smart play and perserverance, I've lost to people whom pushed me back and won after I controlled the entire map and they had only 3 VP's left. I've done the same aswell. And you don't even answer the question, you just say give up and move on.

So, to answer the OP's question as USF. USF tends to maintain a more mobile and faster force, mitigating that for tanky units and brawlers. If you have tactical support, Halftrack with AA and calliope are fairly decent for pushing back. With heavy cav, pershing if you can hold on. Armour company is really dedicated to pushing the enemy back, the M10 and Bulldozer and really great units at what they do, if you can't gain a decisive advantage, select the Armour company.

Basically, flanking and Premium commanders. That's just how Relic has made the USF. Kinda linear, but it is what it is.
2 Feb 2016, 20:05 PM
Donator 11

Dafuq you mean "come back mechanics", like It's some sort of thing Relic put in the game, comebacks are a result of smart play and perserverance, I've lost to people whom pushed me back and won after I controlled the entire map and they had only 3 VP's left. I've done the same aswell. And you don't even answer the question, you just say give up and move on.

So, to answer the OP's question as USF. USF tends to maintain a more mobile and faster force, mitigating that for tanky units and brawlers. If you have tactical support, Halftrack with AA and calliope are fairly decent for pushing back. With heavy cav, pershing if you can hold on. Armour company is really dedicated to pushing the enemy back, the M10 and Bulldozer and really great units at what they do, if you can't gain a decisive advantage, select the Armour company.

Basically, flanking and Premium commanders. That's just how Relic has made the USF. Kinda linear, but it is what it is.

There is a comeback mechanic, its called upkeep cost, the other one is popcap. Without these army of winning player would grow so fast that comeback would be impossible.

@OP: there is a comeback chance for usf, the calliope, just like any other rocket artillery it bleeds your opponent so you can comeback more easily. Still its hard, especially against okw who have far superior late game.
2 Feb 2016, 20:54 PM
Patrion 15

First of all If you going to continue talking like a character from a summer Hollywood movie, I wont even bother continue the conversation.
Regarding comeback mechanics, in COH2 there are no PopCap like in VCOH. Resulting loosing cutoffs wont hurt that much you can still create units even you have one or none points.
Also because of MP Upkeep mechanic tied to the population, resulting Players who successfully able to create high popcap army are bleading MP more than less popcap opponent because of less MP income. Examples of locking USF player into the base and loose nevertheless asking yourself "how da hell he manage to create units?"
2 Feb 2016, 22:27 PM

Permanently Banned
Tiger ass :D.
2 Feb 2016, 23:08 PM

He thinks tactics are stupid and that once you screw up stay down. :snfPeter: Also don't forget Airborne Company and Armor Company is not Premium along with Airborne :P
2 Feb 2016, 23:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2016, 20:54 PMruzen

First of all If you going to continue talking like a character from a summer Hollywood movie, I wont even bother continue the conversation.
Regarding comeback mechanics, in COH2 there are no PopCap like in VCOH. Resulting loosing cutoffs wont hurt that much you can still create units even you have one or none points.
Also because of MP Upkeep mechanic tied to the population, resulting Players who successfully able to create high popcap army are bleading MP more than less popcap opponent because of less MP income. Examples of locking USF player into the base and loose nevertheless asking yourself "how da hell he manage to create units?"

Nah I believe that CoH1 had many comeback routes as well as coh2.
2 Feb 2016, 23:20 PM
Donator 11

Mines are the cornerstone stones to comebacks
2 Feb 2016, 23:21 PM

There is a comeback mechanic, its called upkeep cost, the other one is popcap. Without these army of winning player would grow so fast that comeback would be impossible.

@OP: there is a comeback chance for usf, the calliope, just like any other rocket artillery it bleeds your opponent so you can comeback more easily. Still its hard, especially against okw who have far superior late game.

Really though, think about what you're saying, that Relic simply instituted these features so that opponents could make a "comeback", or simply to restrain the size and strength of an army.
2 Feb 2016, 23:25 PM

Really though, think about what you're saying, that Relic simply instituted these features so that opponents could make a "comeback", or simply to restrain the size and strength of an army.

Excuse me for being insightful but those are two interconnected ideas.
2 Feb 2016, 23:30 PM

Excuse me for being insightful but those are two interconnected ideas.

True, but never the less the point that I was trying to allude to is that it simply is meant to act as a leash, not quite a come back mechanic, if that makes sense.
3 Feb 2016, 00:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2016, 20:54 PMruzen

I'm not sure what "summer hollywood" character speech is, but if that's what you think of me then get bloody used too it. Anyways, if I remember correctly, there was in fact pop cap in Vcoh. If you've ever played it. Losing cut offs will hurt you, you won't be able to construct tanks or use abilities very often.
3 Feb 2016, 06:09 AM
Patrion 15

I'm not sure what "summer hollywood" character speech is, but if that's what you think of me then get bloody used too it. Anyways, if I remember correctly, there was in fact pop cap in Vcoh. If you've ever played it. Losing cut offs will hurt you, you won't be able to construct tanks or use abilities very often.

You are taking two of my words words near and saying there was in fact popcap in Vcoh If I ever played It :lol: You must know what I ment there. Allright dude.
9 Feb 2016, 00:38 AM

Slight hiccup in your plan...Calliope is paid commander.
9 Feb 2016, 00:43 AM
Donator 11

Slight hiccup in your plan...Calliope is paid commander.

Thats right. Like almost all of them. If somebody wants help but he only owns some commander and doesnt want to change that he should probably state that in the thread listing all his commanders on the faction.

But if that's so, the m10 spam of armor company paired with as much demo wipes as possible is a viable comeback strategy for usf that doesn't need paid commanders.
15 Feb 2016, 00:30 AM

There's no real strat you can just switch to if you're in need of a comeback. What you have to do is take on a lot more risk. Usually I try to implement one final play that could get me back into the game. Smoke Everywhere! Toss all the Grenades! Get the vehicles deep into their rear!

Such a mentality has got me back on my feet quite a few times. There's a good chance you'll fail but you were losing any way.
15 Feb 2016, 13:59 PM

it however is true that usf is a very difficult faction to pull off a comeback with
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 47
Germany 754
Netherlands 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak