Login

russian armor

Comeback Strats

20 Feb 2016, 19:45 PM

If you are needing to get back into a game then your best option for any faction is going to be sticking to high efficiency units. Things like tanks, artillery and atgs will help hold the line and bleed your opponent. Key thing to note though is that in order to make a comeback you are going to need to hold on to at least 1 vp. Comebacks don't often end up being short games and you just need to stay in it until you can land a solid blow. When the late game arrives units start to explode and the unit composition of most armies tends to change to units with better survivability. Vanilla rifles to replace fallen squads are probably a bad investment unless you are just needing things to recrew and cap.
21 Feb 2016, 21:50 PM

I am playing all factions, and i must say that USF is probobly THE factions you must play most careful. They seem to beat the crap out of the oponent at the start, and I personaly, am getting too excited so i end up losing units, just becouse i pushed too far or overastimated my riflemen at some point. Also you are actualy bleeding really hard if you play aggressive, still i tend not to notice much of it, until i actualy need MP again. Still, you must play aggressive, otherwise you wont hold lategame, probobly... The art of playing usf is finding that balance between bleed and aggressive play, you have to know where to stop, where it is getting to cost you too much. That is also the main reason, you can not come back with USF. If you do, your opponent did a drastic mistake.
23 Feb 2016, 04:34 AM

Hi all!

What is your go to plan if u are falling behind on the battlefield? U have been pushed back, the enemy has the majority of the map, possibly they even have superior forces. Do u have a unit u find helps u back into the game? Or a commander ability? What do u do to win that glorious come back?

I could post replays of comebacks, the most extreme being one where I was down 19 to 484 and won with 19, but you'd be much better off going to the guide section and reading Hector's guide to USF armor company. It can be adapted to any other commander. You'd also be better off not getting behind because you're not going to be able to call in a KT or Tiger Ace.

If you do get behind, I'd suggest the following:
Don't replace rifles with rifles if you lose one - even with the cost nerf it's better to get a RE late game.
Pack howies are still your friend - no fuel cost and long range make for an efficient bleed.
Always have Armor Company available, and wait until 2 cp's to pick a commander. If you end up playing from behind, you can get 2 M10's for about the same fuel cost as a Major.
25 Feb 2016, 22:25 PM

I'd say with USF, once the Axis heavies come out with their vet blobs, and non-doc arty units (Pazner/Stuka) a comeback is nigh to impossible. Not saying it can't be done, but the effort is unbelievable playing on your end and a litany of mistakes on the Axis side.
26 Feb 2016, 02:53 AM

You don't come back as USF, just say GG and leave the match.

And I'm not even being negative or attributing that to balance or anything, the faction design is constantly having map control.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★