Login

russian armor

When to push?

29 Jan 2016, 22:07 PM

Hi! I've been playing COH2 for some time now, mostly USF and Wehr, but I am new to the forums. I feel lost when playing the Red Army. As USF, I tend to make a push towards their base once I get a stuart then try to finish the game with M10s or tanks. As Wehr, I tend to play a bit more defensive and then take the initiative once I get an Ostwind or Stug or P4.

As the Red Army, I really don't know. Should I wait until I get a T34 or SU-85? Or is staying at Tier 3 and pushing with the SU-75 and T70 the optimal approach? I guess what I don't understand is how are you supposed to play the Red Army. Should it be super aggressive like the USF to finish the game quickly, or be defensive like the axis factions/UKF and wait for late game armor? This is for 1v1. Thank you!
29 Jan 2016, 23:21 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

The red army does not need to rush the game. Tier three is strong right now, especially with t-70s (for infantry and light vehicles) and SU-76s (for more heavy duty AT at range, like a weak Jackson), but don't overdo it. Maxims are strong right now, so use them on maps with important building placements. Mines are essential. Late-game call-in armor is pretty powerful. That's my crash-course.
1 Feb 2016, 23:51 PM

Soviets should be pretty aggressive on capping/map control throughout the entire game.

That said, you don't need to rush. In the late game I like to just use a katyusha to wear my opponent down while I play for VP's. Poke his base a bit with a t-34 or something while he pushes out so he has to send stuff back to defend. A sniper is a good investment in the late game too to bleed his manpower.

2 Feb 2016, 01:03 AM

Alright, thanks for the replies!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak