Login

russian armor

Balance in custom games

AVA
27 Jan 2016, 14:36 PM

The ranked game mode (Allies vs Axis) is in general relatively balanced, but that's not where this topic is about, but how is the current balance state between Allies vs Allies or Wehr vs OKW?

Maybe it's a weird question, but if you're doing for example a bo5 in a custom game with SU vs USF, is it just a matter of skill that decides who wins? or does one of the factions have a huge advantage over the other as relic only focusses on balancing Axis vs Allies.

Just wondering if doing brit vs USF or USF vs SU is still fun and viable to play :p

Ty :)
27 Jan 2016, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 14:36 PMAVA
how is the current balance state between Allies vs Allies or Wehr vs OKW?

The answer for this is really simple
27 Jan 2016, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 14:36 PMAVA
The ranked game mode (Allies vs Axis) is in general relatively balanced, but that's not where this topic is about, but how is the current balance state between Allies vs Allies or Wehr vs OKW?

Maybe it's a weird question, but if you're doing for example a bo5 in a custom game with SU vs USF, is it just a matter of skill that decides who wins, or does one of the factions have a huge advantage over the other as relic only focusses on balancing Axis vs Allies.

Ty :)

It's like that because the game was not meant to played in that way. Mirrored matches were not possible in CoH1 so it's a "new feature" that came with the second game.

But outside of custom games (meaning neither in any multiplayer mode, nor in any official singleplayer mode or TOW) it is never possible to have a battle between two identical armies. Relic simply doesn't want to take care of a possibility that is played by less than 1% of the players (in my opinion, as this was the second thread I have ever seen about this topic at all).
AVA
27 Jan 2016, 14:56 PM

It's like that because the game was not meant to played in that way. Mirrored matches were not possible in CoH1 so it's a "new feature" that came with the second game.

But outside of custom games (meaning neither in any multiplayer mode, nor in any official singleplayer mode or TOW) it is never possible to have a battle between two identical armies. Relic simply doesn't want to take care of a possibility that is played by less than 1% of the players (in my opinion, as this was the second thread I have ever seen about this topic at all).

Oh haha, I see.

Yeah I just want to play some 1v1's with a friend of mine, and we both main allied factions, so I was wondering if one has a huge advantage over the other or not. For example that the brit player has nearly no chance to win vs USF if both players are equally skilled, but I doubt this is the case, although I don't know for sure that's why i'm asking on the forum. :p
27 Jan 2016, 15:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 14:56 PMAVA

Oh haha, I see.

Yeah I just want to play some 1v1's with a friend of mine, and we both main allied factions, so I was wondering if one has a huge advantage over the other or not. For example that the brit player has nearly no chance to win vs USF if both players are equally skilled, but I doubt this is the case, although I don't know for sure that's why i'm asking on the forum. :p

I know your problem... My mate and I play almost 100% Axis but I would love to have a fight against him, haha.
27 Jan 2016, 18:04 PM

Why not just test it out with your friend?:)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★