Login

russian armor

There is no point playing Ostheer 1v1 anymore

PAGES (9)down
3 Jul 2013, 09:33 AM

While the Clown Car, Maxim, T70, SU85 having no decent counters, along with Soviet superior mine, bullshit HTD "I win button" and many others

And don't tell me just get AC, Guards Clown Car > AC

OK, I quit playing this crap until they do something to the balance

It is worse than playing against Brit

All Soviet do is abusing, exploiting, laming, or lose
Fuck you Relic, you balance the game like this?
3 Jul 2013, 09:49 AM

I may be negative in my posts but I don't rage like this as it really does get you nowhere and just Irk's people. I absolutely agree though that the 1v1 balance (all things you mentioned are part of it) needs addressing ASAP. I was hopeful that a balance patch was coming today with the new commanders but to no avail. from memory doesn't it usually take about 2 weeks from when a developer wants to make a change, for valve/steam to ok it for download across all the different regions? If that is the case it could still be a week off at least, which is too long. The Steam forums are full of people raging over balance and the lack of lobbies etc. Please relic implement the balance and ladders/lobbies ASAP or there will be no one left when they do come out.

On a side note the forums here are not as busy as I maybe would have expected on the NEW release of the game. The same can be said for GR and the official forums. The only forums really bombarded with topics are the Steam ones, which can only be taken lightly because I must say MOST, but not all, of the people on the Steam forums have very little idea about anything to do with the basics of the game tbh. This makes me worry a bit too as there just doesn't seem to be the interest in the game I was hoping for from the community. The balance patch may make or break this game so maybe it is better they take a little more time, but not too long please.
3 Jul 2013, 09:54 AM

THIS IS NOW BREAKING THE FUCKING GAME ALREADY
3 Jul 2013, 09:55 AM

So much crying.
3 Jul 2013, 09:56 AM

get gud

No seriously dude, i get beaten a ton as soviet, don't know what you're talking about
3 Jul 2013, 09:58 AM

Yeah I win a German occasionally too but it take 40-50 minutes, I win as Soviet at least 90% of the time in under 15 minutes, problems? me thinks so.
3 Jul 2013, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2013, 09:49 AMGrund

On a side note the forums here are not as busy as I maybe would have expected on the NEW release of the game. The same can be said for GR and the official forums. The only forums really bombarded with topics are the Steam ones, which can only be taken lightly because I must say MOST, but not all, of the people on the Steam forums have very little idea about anything to do with the basics of the game tbh. This makes me worry a bit too as there just doesn't seem to be the interest in the game I was hoping for from the community. The balance patch may make or break this game so maybe it is better they take a little more time, but not too long please.

partly due to the lackluster release. Game lacks polish. So many features missing. While I enjoy the game it is definitely not the awesome RTS I was hoping for. I just can't see Relic improving the game before the MP scene dies out.
3 Jul 2013, 10:03 AM

partly due to the lackluster release. Game lacks polish. So many features missing. While I enjoy the game it is definitely not the awesome RTS I was hoping for. I just can't see Relic improving the game before the MP scene dies out.

I am really hopeful that it does last but given the numbers on Steam and the activity of their forums with so many topics about compstomps and lobbies etc, this crowd will not last. A major change needs to happen extremely quickly or I think the player base will dwindle to less than COH had at the end by the time the first month is done.
3 Jul 2013, 10:11 AM

Permanently Banned
Im discontinuing playing until Ost gets a proper patch.

No point as balance currently stands. Its an uphill battle and I cba playing vs scrubs who get their jollies off deliberate exploiting of imbalance.
3 Jul 2013, 10:13 AM

That right there is the issue.

If soviets don't have that they lose. While the M3 is a bit to good, i don't think it will change the way people want it to. Aka, it will probably get less durable and less damage but the units in it will still be able to fire.

HTD is actually only broken because the way it interacts with cover. If they fix that it might be okay. (cons without cover on HTD will still lose to Grens with LMG or PGrens).

SU85 is countered by good use of smoke. Almost all german doctrines have smoke, but because german players want to "abuse" current strafe they use a doctrine without smoke.
T70 is a "do or die" unit. If you go for it and don't do enough damage you will get rolled by P4s that come not that long after them and you delay T34 and also only have AT-guns as anti-tank (if you did go for T2).
Also the counter to clowncars and T70s is good use of PGrens with Schrecks though they probably come to late for clowncars but clowncars can be beaten by upgunned AC.
Yes Guards and Clowncars will beat the upgunned AC, but at that time you can have Pgrens out too.

Overall, i agree that there are things broken on Russian side, but it's not like it doesn't go both ways.
I mean, just one example: it takes less fuel for germans to rush out a P4 than for soviets to get out a T34 (without upgrading nades for cons and both sides not building any vehicles). Which is the only reason you will see people rushing for SU85, because it is the only unit that can deal with the P4 rush effectively.
3 Jul 2013, 10:16 AM

While the Clown Car, Maxim, T70, SU85 having no decent counters, along with Soviet superior mine, bullshit HTD "I win button" and many others

And don't tell me just get AC, Guards Clown Car > AC

OK, I quit playing this crap until they do something to the balance

It is worse than playing against Brit

Fuck you Relic, you balance the game like this?

I agree 100%. Its nothing to do with 'get gud' the game is unbalanced. Its ridiculous to play now if im honest. Clown Cars and ridiculous six man teams take the map and your left struggling to keep an area. Needing a ridiculous amount of ammunition all the time to get any good upgrade to fight back is ruining it as well.
3 Jul 2013, 10:29 AM

Loving how the T-70 kills units on retreat as if they were just regular units in the field. This, in sharp contrast, to units of the Ostheer such as the Ostwind or the FHT that need to follow units on retreat a long time to actually get the kill in.

Quite often I have games where I'm dominating my opponent and then he uses the little fuel he has in a quick T-70 and I'm left struggling to stay in the game. This thing just RAPES infantry. The way things stand currently, it is a typical Soviet unit.
3 Jul 2013, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2013, 10:29 AMStoffa
Loving how the T-70 kills units on retreat as if they were just regular units in the field. This, in sharp contrast, to units of the Ostheer such as the Ostwind or the FHT that need to follow units on retreat a long time to actually get the kill in.

Quite often I have games where I'm dominating my opponent and then he uses the little fuel he has in a quick T-70 and I'm left struggling to stay in the game. This thing just RAPES infantry. The way things stand currently, it is a typical Soviet unit.

This
3 Jul 2013, 10:40 AM

heh so much crying on the forums, everything that can kill germans are OP: maxims,M3, SU, T70, big infantry squads, 120 mortar, snipers in same time germans are most played nation - most of the time its more than 60/40 searching players. Lets left enginers and T34 for russians then german noobs will be happy.
3 Jul 2013, 10:46 AM
Donator 11

well if you don't know how to deal with Soviets I recommend watching semis of TFN tourney, Marcus and Symbi both lost they games as soviets, and they are one of the best players in CoH2 atm. If the soviets were as OP as you describe them, this couldn't have happend.
3 Jul 2013, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2013, 10:40 AMfranko
heh so much crying on the forums, everything that can kill germans are OP: maxims,M3, SU, T70, big infantry squads, 120 mortar, snipers in same time germans are most played nation - most of the time its more than 60/40 searching players. Lets left enginers and T34 for russians then german noobs will be happy.

go play only germans only for a few days and I guarantee u will be mad.
3 Jul 2013, 11:16 AM

honestly balance isn't that far off. 95% of soviet players you can still stomp if you play well enough. Balance patch is coming so keep learning how to play better.
3 Jul 2013, 11:19 AM

Permanently Banned
Its significantly enough "off" to warrant concern and criticism.
3 Jul 2013, 11:22 AM

This

...means being late with tech, being bad in early and a rly fck late at gun.

Maybe insted of whine u ppl start to expalin what u do ? i mean - build orders/timings and all those "little" things.

Im like S73v0 - balance is fine i even see op possibilites as german.

3 Jul 2013, 11:23 AM

Its significantly enough "off" to warrant concern and criticism.

Not enough to completely stop playing though.

Honestly late game ostheer has a huge advantage with their late game armour, combined with smoke dischargers and blitzkrieg you can take out even su-85s.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS