Login

russian armor

Panzershrek just too accurate

26 Jan 2016, 20:47 PM

I luv it when teh shrecks curves around a bush and hits muh tank. Should we fix dat?
27 Jan 2016, 07:22 AM
Donator 11

Shreks aren't fine!

They are too accurate on long range. Handheld AT weapons should not hit reliably on max range if they have almost 100% penetration chance. This just reward unskilled play. Just play vcoh and you see how shreks should work.
27 Jan 2016, 07:55 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The accuracy is fine, they have the same accuracy as bazookas at max range. The problem is when you get 4 volksquads shooting at the same time in a blob, you're probably going to get fucked up regardless.
27 Jan 2016, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 07:55 AMTobis
The accuracy is fine, they have the same accuracy as bazookas at max range. The problem is when you get 4 volksquads shooting at the same time in a blob, you're probably going to get fucked up regardless.
27 Jan 2016, 09:25 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 07:55 AMTobis

This is not true. Read the previous posts in the thread before throwing out information that you've got no idea what you are talking about.
27 Jan 2016, 09:46 AM

This is not true. Read the previous posts in the thread before throwing out information that you've got no idea what you are talking about.

I doubt the difference of 0.01 really makes a difference more than once in ten games. Also, remember that Zook are MUCH cheaper than Shrecks.

Shrecks are fine. I dont see OKW's victory numbers piercing the sky. You'd better concentrate on what is important : Squadwhipe mechanics, bugs, and holes in techtrees.

Kozo.
27 Jan 2016, 10:38 AM

Handheld AT is way too easy to use. Low risk high reward, no micro required. AT guns on the other hand are a completely different story.

By hadnheld AT I really hope you don't lump in PTRS. You get a kill with those you EARNED it.
27 Jan 2016, 11:03 AM

Can anyone advise on this for me.

What is the sight and firing range on the Volks with shreks vs the self spotting of average medium vehicles say T34's or say cromwells?

The issue I have with kiting the volks and the same to some extent vs bazooks on rifles/RE is that even being careful on open maps with certain tanks the moment the tank is in view to fire the volks fire back at the same time with my tank rounds doing less then theirs and they hit more often.

Are there some tanks that can only self spot at the same range that the zooks and shreks fire or am I mistaken?

You can say you should have infantry out supporting but as UKF you tend to only have 3 squads up when you build your first cromwell and you you need to baby them as much as the tank and I don't have the coordination for that yet.
27 Jan 2016, 11:29 AM

I have an idea.

To add a risk to blobbing volksgren. Make them slightly more likely to drop weapons the more there are. I don't know what the current % is so I couldn't hazard an exact chance increase but it is something to think about

Chaos of battle or something like that. Since they cant pick them up if they are pinned this would force the player to think twice before rushing into the front line knowing that his retreat point is half the distance of his opponent and that all he has to do is hold out till heavy armor.
27 Jan 2016, 11:46 AM

Obviously Luvnest is a noob and we should all listen to Johnny...

:luvDerp:

Didn't I say the same thing....?!? Oh well....
27 Jan 2016, 12:00 PM

The other game I brought a sniper, forced off an hmg, I then backed him up and moved forward with penals as they tried to rush my sniper with grens, so they took off again, and THEN I saw they moved in with volk shrecks and I thought "didn't you learn from last engagement" but the joke was on me as they seemed to know the game better than I did and sniped my sniper with their shrecks. :(

L2P after every patch for ever and ever. Amen.
27 Jan 2016, 12:02 PM

I luv it when teh shrecks curves around a bush and hits muh tank. Should we fix dat?

hahahaha good one man :rofl:
27 Jan 2016, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 11:46 AMJohnnyB

Didn't I say the same thing....?!? Oh well....

ignore him. Some people around here just like to see their own posts to put others down.
27 Jan 2016, 13:28 PM

Well, 3 panzerschreck costs 270 munition for OKW.

I assume if you want it to perform as bazookas, you also want to decrease the price to zooks level, and allow two of them on the same unit. Right?

I would not change panzerschrecks except add them to target-table and change their accuracy against infantry close to 0.
27 Jan 2016, 13:46 PM

There are two components that determine whether a shot will hit: accuracy and scatter.

If the accuracy roll succeeds, the schreck/bazooka will fire a rocket that will hit the target no matter how the target motes. If the accuracy roll fails, a scatter roll will follow.

Accuracy rolls (WIP)

Scatter rolls (schreck wins)

PS: I am not taking into account Bazooka/Schreck damage/penetration (the price difference should account for something).
27 Jan 2016, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 13:36 PMluvnest
T34/76, while being crappy tanks, don't get destroyed by 3 Shreck volleys. Shrecks themselves are fine, Volks with Shrecks however are not. Nerfing shrecks would just make Pgrens with shrecks awkward. Why do people want to nerf Shrecks if the core problems are Volks equipped with them?

Spot on !

Still, i have to add that shrecks are a bit too good vs infantry.
27 Jan 2016, 15:12 PM

I'm curious, do veterancy stats affect performance of the Panzerschreck?
27 Jan 2016, 15:12 PM
Donator 11

Spot on !

Still, i have to add that shrecks are a bit too good vs infantry.

Give volks separate version of shreck with different stats or rework reketen to be core AT (its already good) and remove volk shreck package

maybe, I think vet applys to the weapon so the k98
27 Jan 2016, 15:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I recall Cruzz saying in ages past after they nerfed Volks being bulletproof at full vet and then later they moved it to Rifles that the reload bonus from Volks vet doesn't.
27 Jan 2016, 15:20 PM

I think all handheld AT barring PTRS and PIAT need looking at. Shreks on Pzgrens are also fine as its high risk/reward.

With bazookas and volkshreks it is just causing the game to stagnate and does not encourage combined arms in team games.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 37
Germany 741
Netherlands 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak