Login

russian armor

Counter play against AEC+sniper as OKW?

22 Jan 2016, 19:52 PM

Having difficulty going in the game beyond 10 minutes because of this potent new meta, once the sniper and AEC's come out, you really struggle to fight back, the combined arms is too strong. Here's what's in my tool box.

Draw in AEC(or 2) into Raketen and shreck trap, maybe some mines.

JLI his sniper.

ISG his MG.

build puma to counter AEC.

Try to get schwere flak base before they can destroy it while it's building.

IDEK.

Everything I can think of is easily countered by the sniper+ AEC play, as the AEC can take on all infantry and vehicles you can throw at it in the early-mid game, and the sniper removes all emplacement infantry and MG's. If he can construct the mortar emplacement that's the nail in your coffin. The meta is strong in the Brits now. :*(

22 Jan 2016, 20:05 PM

i would forego ISG's, just go like 4 volks+double JLI into puma.
Use both nades to clear mg's and flank his forces using your superior numbers.

But before that, go 1 maybe 2 kubels, since when rushing AEC he wont have an UC, giving window for harassment.

If he does go UC, in response to your kubels, you just significantly delayed his AEC, and should get a luchs out ASAP.

However i do believe you're at an disadvantage the moment the AEC hits the field, regardless what else the brits has.

It's all about maximizing OkW early game strenght but i am not sure it is enough.

22 Jan 2016, 20:07 PM

Vet 1 Puma can instagib the British sniper. Just sayin'.
22 Jan 2016, 20:09 PM

Vet 1 Puma can instagib the British sniper. Just sayin'.

I've tried. The AI is weak in the puma.
22 Jan 2016, 20:11 PM

I've tried. The AI is weak in the puma.
You're using the Aimed Shot ability, right? Because if you get that to fire, it's a guaranteed kill.
22 Jan 2016, 20:38 PM

mines on crossroads. try to damage him with shreks/raketen, when he s got 50% health, chase him with LUCHS. Luchs deals great damage in rear armor.

against the sniper rush him with volx, when he s got 1-2 hits, span a falls squad near to him
22 Jan 2016, 20:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Do not use ISG, those should only ever be bought vs entrenched british. By buying it vs sniper + AEC you are shooting yourself in the foot because the isg will not ever hurt mobile opponents.

Best bet is panzerfussiliers and kubel flanking, when attacking, make sure to attack with one gaint push with all squads available, to help mitigate the sniper shot as much as you can.

Its still hard, but this is my advice. Snipers are always hard to deal with. Especially when they retreat behind cover bonus sections.
22 Jan 2016, 23:28 PM

You're using the Aimed Shot ability, right? Because if you get that to fire, it's a guaranteed kill.

Sniper is usually embedded behind an At gun, some entrenched IS, and of the course the AEC, and even if you have a clear shot, he camos away and disappears, or simply moves away.
22 Jan 2016, 23:34 PM

I woulD said that a good falls spawn combined with raketenwerfer would take care of both, but never tried it.
22 Jan 2016, 23:38 PM
Patrion 14

There is no good counter to sniper/suppression heavy meta for OKW other than going full cheese with scavenge/luftwaffe with JLI/Falls killing the snipers or sniping support teams.

That is, until you have your t4 up or maybe a stuka zu fuss with a luchs. But even than its super hard to deal with.
22 Jan 2016, 23:58 PM

Permanently Banned
Yeah probably stuka with dual racketen. Panzerfussiliers.
23 Jan 2016, 01:40 AM

Depends on the map but if he goes heavy sniping I would go with full Fusilier spam due to their cheap reinforce, vision, and on the move accuracy with G43s. Worked well against Soviet duel snipers and does against Brits. If there is alot of buildings falls are great too since they can faust the AEC and quickly wipe a sniper.
23 Jan 2016, 01:52 AM

Falls should be a decent all around counter, given you would need luck to get the sniper or even location specific, you can use it to faust the aec and let shrecks finish it up.
23 Jan 2016, 03:00 AM

Agree with most guys have said, especially ISG GUNS vs Britney isn't good. But I just like to emphasize that a good Luchs or puma do ya wonders.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 40
Sweden 26
Poland 9
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %