Login

russian armor

Stuka - Gripes and thoughts

22 Jan 2016, 06:50 AM

General bitching:

-The reload time is prohibitively long in alot of 1v1 circumstances
-While it comes early it's expensive for indirect fire.
-It controls blobs (sort of) but the blob will return before you are able to recharge your volley
-If you are aiming at specific point (an emplacement for example) you are going to be losing half your rockets to the aim mechanic
-When it does hit it's usually a wipe for stuff that gets tagged, which is sort of frustrating to be on the recieving end of (I don't think any arty except the ML20/Lefh/etc should be squad wipers but that's just me)

Suggestion:
-What if it had 6 stored charges that could either be fired off simultaneously or staggered depending on what you wanted to do with it?
-Maybe a toggle to switch between its current mode or the ripple fire mode
-If it was ripple firing maybe switch to a different damage profile to keep it from being the greatest wepons team killer ever concieved.

I think it would increase the utility of the unit while adding a bit of micro as well to keep your barrages well timed.

Just a thought.
22 Jan 2016, 09:33 AM

I personally would have it fire a more traditional shot like the Hetzer doc call-in and have the accurate creeping fire as a vet power. On that note, reduce XP requirements so we can actually see it reach enough vet to use the accurate shot.
22 Jan 2016, 10:04 AM

General bitching:

-The reload time is prohibitively long in alot of 1v1 circumstances

The reload is comparable to all other rocket trucks. In addition, stuka as the only one gets 10% reload decrease at vet1.

-While it comes early it's expensive for indirect fire.

Not true since fuel penalty was removed. It costs 15 fuel more then katyusha, which shoots firecrackers and arrives much later.
-It controls blobs (sort of) but the blob will return before you are able to recharge your volley

OKW is blob faction themselves, anticipate and aim better or get sturmtiger to counter blobs, for early game AA HT or luchs is more then enough.
-If you are aiming at specific point (an emplacement for example) you are going to be losing half your rockets to the aim mechanic

You're still going to do more damage then any other rocket arty except for calliope in that single spot.

-When it does hit it's usually a wipe for stuff that gets tagged, which is sort of frustrating to be on the recieving end of (I don't think any arty except the ML20/Lefh/etc should be squad wipers but that's just me)

It depends on where the rocket hit. But usually it does wipe. Its in the same category as pwerfer and calliope.

Suggestion:
-What if it had 6 stored charges that could either be fired off simultaneously or staggered depending on what you wanted to do with it?
-Maybe a toggle to switch between its current mode or the ripple fire mode
-If it was ripple firing maybe switch to a different damage profile to keep it from being the greatest wepons team killer ever concieved.

I think it would increase the utility of the unit while adding a bit of micro as well to keep your barrages well timed.

Just a thought.

The unit is considered overpowered in relation to other indirect fire units and performs extremely well for the cost in comparison to katy, pwerfer, priest and suxton with similar price tag and you want to buff it. Why?

Its indirect fire unit, ALL of them need good timing and aim to do most damage, but that hardly qualifies as micro.
23 Jan 2016, 02:13 AM

In defense I wouldn't call it a straight buff.In addition to not firing the regular rockets (as I said, at reduced damage potential) the spread would make firing single rockets from anything but close range fairly unpredictable, something akin to the 120mm mortar where when firing at max range it may as well just be prayer to the RNG gods.

I consider the Pwerfer to be overperforming and the Calliope is borderline just for the sheer "welp, it was a nice squad you had there" factor.

The priest/Katy/Sexton/God awful UKF base artillery are all examples of units that are under-performing for their roles. All of these need to be looked at but I'd think that's pretty well common knowledge. The Katy has a variety of issues (Damage, cost, tier) but is more or less the ideal to me as far as rocket artillery goes. The first barrage goes in and that's the signal to move your stuff before the rest get there. Gives reaction time and denies the area to the opponent. At current if you are in a strong defensive position there is no reason to abandon it just because there's some katy rockets coming.

The increase of micro I'm talking about is expending one rocket charge to fire a single rocket to the target location. Ideally it wouldn't be doing squad wipe damage but enough that infantry could wander in and clean up the mess without much effort after a direct hit. The time-to-target stays the same, the sound effects stay the same, the setup time stays the same etc. Used like that it becomes more consistent and less wipey while still having an effect on static wepons teams and blobs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★