Login

russian armor

Calliope commander every single game

PAGES (11)down
25 Jan 2016, 10:15 AM

Stuka is a wipe machine too, especially against team weapons, I often get one against heavy maxim/ZiS players, only to move in and salvage everything.

I do not blob; the game is meant to punish blobbers, and I'm glad Allies now got a toy to punish lazy blob players too. That mass retreat video posted above shows a blobber, that gets punished for:

*Blobbing
*Mass retreat (instead of just dodging the air strike)
*Telling opponent a mass retreat occurred, right in front of their eyes.

Stuka is meant to wipe weapon teams, if it didn't why even buy it?

There's one thing to punish blobbers, there's another thing not to be able to punish the Calliope player due to the fact that m1919, Recon and the chance of a quad stops soft targets altogether. A nerf to either the Calliope or doctrine is needed.
25 Jan 2016, 10:18 AM

Isn't Calli also meant to wipe weapons teams then? It seems to be general consensus in this thread.
25 Jan 2016, 10:20 AM

Isn't Calli also meant to wipe weapons teams then? It seems to be general consensus in this thread.

In a way yes, because again if it didn't wipe squads then why buy it?

I just have an issue with the doctrine overall, seems a tad too strong no strong nerfs are needed just tweaks. I think that rocket artillery is overused in the game as it is (who can blame people for not using static howitzers).
25 Jan 2016, 10:24 AM

I do agree that the doctrine is overall weird, but I do understand the USF critique of other doctrines not being that effective.

I mean, everyone was excited to face a Pershing, but in the end, it popped out to be an overly expensive tool of things a tad better than a Jackson. I expected good changes for the Riflemen company, not a total overnerf. Rifleblobs with flamers were annoying, but it wasn't the end of the world. I expected something interesting with REs, not just a price increase.

I expected Goliath commander to be better :/
25 Jan 2016, 10:33 AM

I do agree that the doctrine is overall weird, but I do understand the USF critique of other doctrines not being that effective.

I mean, everyone was excited to face a Pershing, but in the end, it popped out to be an overly expensive tool of things a tad better than a Jackson. I expected good changes for the Riflemen company, not a total overnerf. Rifleblobs with flamers were annoying, but it wasn't the end of the world. I expected something interesting with REs, not just a price increase.

I expected Goliath commander to be better :/

Yea rifle Company was so balanced that it even got banned in tournaments.
Goliath doc is not soo good because it got Released right After the Big flame nerfs patch Rendering the flame hetzer kinda useless
25 Jan 2016, 10:35 AM

jeez leave alone this commander why u still posting o_O if real cancer (shrekblob) will be fixed no one will be forced to use cali anymore
25 Jan 2016, 12:11 PM

Goliath doc is not soo good because it got Released right After the Big flame nerfs patch Rendering the flame hetzer kinda useless

Goliath and flame hetzer are in 2 different commanders.

+1 to everything else tho.
25 Jan 2016, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 12:11 PMzarok47

Goliath and flame hetzer are in 2 different commanders.

+1 to everything else tho.

Sorry I Mixed something up there :(
25 Jan 2016, 15:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It got banned due to vet 1 Rifles, not because it was OP. Same with Elite from OH.
25 Jan 2016, 15:25 PM

When something does not leave a chance to survive for your crew weapons, it's not fine.
Ostheer is about crew weapons and they are hopeless. You work on your hmg, mortars or paks to get vet 3 and then, even you move them back/retreat the moment you hear rockets, you gonna lose them without chances to survive.

You missed a point.
Good for you that you are hunting them but the point is we see this commander every single game.

It's like it was designed at Relic's HQ to fill everysingle USF gap so people buy it... :foreveralone:

now you feel how it to be soviet and use crew weapons, stuka doesnt give thems a chance for survive to
25 Jan 2016, 22:32 PM

Stuka does. If you move fast enough it will do nothing. And even if you won't, it's not always full wipe.

Watch vonivan vs hamster and how many times Ivan dodged Stuka.
25 Jan 2016, 22:38 PM

But what's wrong with other commanders?
I mean, apart from recon and mechanized, you have really intersting options.
Infantry - mines, LMGs, Priest.
Rifle - Flamers for RE which means fast vet for them and cealing builings, flares, phosphorus, E8.
Airborne - P47 needs a buff. It's way worse than SCAS.
Armor - Assault Engis, M10, Bulldozer. Really good option when you are under pressure.
Cavalry - Rangers, Pershing, insta smoke.

All of them are useful but mobile support is just superior to anyother.

Infantry is good for smaller maps, where the mines can do some good and the priest can pound the FRP.
Rifle got nerfed now, with the flamers on the RE and non-vet riflemen. Willy Pete and E8 are still good, but not the gap filler USF needs.
Airborne P-47 is an expensive piece of junk, especially when it can't see through the fog of war. Tanks just back into the black and they're safe.
Armor is good, but in my experience the blob will annihilate the M10, even if it does squish a lot, not a good trade. Bulldozer just comes too late, IMO.
Cavalry, everything is too expensive for what little you get in performance.

Support doc fills in all the gaps in the standard USF package.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS