Login

russian armor

COH2 anti-cheat measures

• This thread is locked
25 Nov 2012, 10:05 AM

CoH1 ladder right now is lame, full of unpunished hackers... CoH 2 will be better than CoH1 in the anti-cheat systems in the long term? How?

25 Nov 2012, 10:23 AM
Caster Badge

I believe the word you're looking for is Measures :p

Anyways, partly through steams own VAC. Otherwise, i imagine they are making concerted efforts to deal with hackers. But are obviously not saying much about it to avoid giving the other side any information they could use.
25 Nov 2012, 10:39 AM

Yea, right now CoH1 is pretty bad to play on, even on some 3v3 I found people using maphacks... I'd risk to say that at least a 20% of the player use maphack, it's sad.
25 Nov 2012, 10:48 AM

I believe the word you're looking for is Measures :p

ops, the admin could fix it, please?
25 Nov 2012, 14:17 PM
26 Nov 2012, 00:47 AM

yeha.. wish there will be no hax in CoH2!
and steam dose have pretty ok anti-cheat system
26 Nov 2012, 01:34 AM

What anti-cheat steam has?? And who will see replays to ban cheaters?
26 Nov 2012, 02:13 AM

For all we know you won't have to view them because perhaps there will be something that will randomly read your memory for "maphacks" ect just like Blizzard has for D3.

This discussion is pointless atm because we simply don't know however if it's going to be anything like the anti-cheat in MW3 which I believe to be run by steam... well it's just bad.

But like I said, discussion is pointless until the games released.
26 Nov 2012, 03:15 AM

I'll use Counter Strike as an example with how VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat) works. What the admins/managers/moderators do is they take note when a new hack gets distributed around the community, like a wall hack or an auto headshot hack. Then, when it's been given time to work its way to all the people who are going to use it, VAC pulls the rug out from under them and bans everybody who has used or is using the hack. They don't tell the community who got banned for what reason or what hack they discovered so that no one can figure out what was the program that got them in trouble. Then they just ban anyone else who is discovered to use the hack.
26 Nov 2012, 03:20 AM

any hack prevention/detection measure is better than no hack prevention/detection :-P

I'll use Counter Strike as an example with how VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat) works. What the admins/managers/moderators do is they take note when a new hack gets distributed around the community, like a wall hack or an auto headshot hack. Then, when it's been given time to work its way to all the people who are going to use it, VAC pulls the rug out from under them and bans everybody who has used or is using the hack. They don't tell the community who got banned for what reason or what hack they discovered so that no one can figure out what was the program that got them in trouble. Then they just ban anyone else who is discovered to use the hack.

they don't "wait" to get more cheaters... they actually have to update their software to actually detect the hacks :-P
26 Nov 2012, 03:20 AM

The less we know about, the less the hackers know about how it operates= more effective. Thats why on GR the fairplay forum never publicly showed old reports...the less the cheaters know about their methods, the more likely they will be caught.
26 Nov 2012, 03:28 AM

The less we know about, the less the hackers know about how it operates= more effective. Thats why on GR the fairplay forum never publicly showed old reports...the less the cheaters know about their methods, the more likely they will be caught.

security through obscurity has and always will be inferior to secure by design. though it might take the hackers longer to actually find a way to hack.
26 Nov 2012, 04:28 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2012, 03:28 AMcr4wler

security through obscurity has and always will be inferior to secure by design. though it might take the hackers longer to actually find a way to hack.

i know what system steam uses its kinda obvious everyone knows what system it will use. the question is if it will include other measures?
21 Apr 2017, 05:14 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Necro locked.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment