Login

russian armor

2v2 Double Brits Guide

13 Jan 2016, 17:21 PM

The only glaring points that stand out to me are crom spam and tactical support cheese.

Early game seems very much theory crafting, what about flame HT? mortar HT? Snipers? in my experience with randoms ostruppen/gren spam into quick flame HT can clear your early trenches and mortar pit in seconds, so a reactionary build dependent on what factions your facing is probably better.

You talk about countering racketens and snipers with the command vehicle recon but don't even factor in a bren in your build (which imo is best brought out early so you can do some building clearance and MP bleed). As shrek bait as it is, it's still cost effective if you bring it out early and later sacrifice it for command vehicle recon.

I agree that tactical support is the best odds UKF have at the moment, but a certain Wehr doctrine with mortar HT and 30muni pixie dust dispensers (that make LoS dependant arty cover useless) counter this to a tee. The tiger at the end is just the icing on the cake backed up by panzerwerfers.

One day lelic will buff this faction :blush:
13 Jan 2016, 17:23 PM

P2W confirmed :P

Good guide but there's a problem: skill group this guide is oriented to for the late game (pass the first cromwell). The first part is mostly cookie build, try to survive as well as you can and rush a cromwell. This is how you should mostly play.
I think most people won't find it easy surviving the late game on just cromwells, on the same way most people won't be able to play with just spamming T34-76s.

PD: this will work (late late game) till Relic decide to balance both Artillery cover and Concentrated fire operation.

The idea is to strike hard and fast using 2 players worth of Cromwells and just overpower the enemy before they reach their late game potential. If you're too timid and don't commit to pushes every now and then you'll allow the enemy to get armor. If youre to zealous and run into mines you'll lose your armor for nothing. This is where player skill comes into play, just having good game sense on when to strike and how. Obviously CFO and artillery cover make attacking SIGNIFICANTLY easier
13 Jan 2016, 17:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The idea is to strike hard and fast using 2 players worth of Cromwells and just overpower the enemy before they reach their late game potential. If you're too timid and don't commit to pushes every now and then you'll allow the enemy to get armor. If youre to zealous and run into mines you'll lose your armor for nothing. This is where player skill comes into play, just having good game sense on when to strike and how. Obviously CFO and artillery cover make attacking SIGNIFICANTLY easier

I know, that's why i'm saying this might not work away from top 200 AT. Cause all what you describe is hard to be seen on the mid to lower spectrum of the ladder.
13 Jan 2016, 19:10 PM

I know, that's why i'm saying this might not work away from top 200 AT. Cause all what you describe is hard to be seen on the mid to lower spectrum of the ladder.

That's why I'm trying to expose players to these concepts with the guide
13 Jan 2016, 19:17 PM

Excellent guide! I´ll give you that.

Overall gameplan:

Turtle until the 11-12 minute mark, which is when you and your teammate will be able to afford a Cromwell. Use the Cromwell together for maximum shock value and to quickly kill and wipe units in their first engagement. Continue to amass Cromwells, and utilize the full extent of your teams offmap abilities to completely crush enemy resistance.
And this made me quit the game. Either it´s blobs vs blobs or a Brit sitting around these days. It can be beaten but it is so goddamn annoying to take out emplacements and takes the fun out of the game. :(
13 Jan 2016, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 17:21 PMRollo
The only glaring points that stand out to me are crom spam and tactical support cheese.

Early game seems very much theory crafting, what about flame HT? mortar HT? Snipers? in my experience with randoms ostruppen/gren spam into quick flame HT can clear your early trenches and mortar pit in seconds, so a reactionary build dependent on what factions your facing is probably better.

You talk about countering racketens and snipers with the command vehicle recon but don't even factor in a bren in your build (which imo is best brought out early so you can do some building clearance and MP bleed). As shrek bait as it is, it's still cost effective if you bring it out early and later sacrifice it for command vehicle recon.

I agree that tactical support is the best odds UKF have at the moment, but a certain Wehr doctrine with mortar HT and 30muni pixie dust dispensers (that make LoS dependant arty cover useless) counter this to a tee. The tiger at the end is just the icing on the cake backed up by panzerwerfers.

Is it really theorycrafting if I'm on a 20 streak and have beaten high ranked teams?
The problem with the bren is your delaying your cromwell and also spending manpower on a unit that doesn't pack as much firepower as a section or vickers. Watch the replays and vods to see it actually in action
13 Jan 2016, 20:27 PM
Patrion 14

girl's generation? they are so 2007.
13 Jan 2016, 20:31 PM

13 Jan 2016, 23:17 PM

What would be the suggestion against early OST snipers? Given UKF are meant to hold down a section of the map a sniper can constantly poke at them. Besides the usual trying to counter snipe what other suggestions do you have?
13 Jan 2016, 23:34 PM

Is it really theorycrafting if I'm on a 20 streak and have beaten high ranked teams?
The problem with the bren is your delaying your cromwell and also spending manpower on a unit that doesn't pack as much firepower as a section or vickers. Watch the replays and vods to see it actually in action

Oh don't mind him.
He's pretty famous for his close-mindedness and as an ultra defender of Allies-Underpower theory.

I tried your strategy.
double OKW is even easier than mixed team actually.

I wonder though, what do you do vs Ultra-aggressive double ostheer that push right on to your cutoff (ie: moscow north, yes I know...)? Ass gren + MG42 + mortars for example? It can fuck up your map control before the mortar hits the field.

so MG42 2x gren sniper + OKW? Sniper can drain you pretty hard early on and delay your mortar, chipping off your defences while volks pushing up and pressure.
14 Jan 2016, 05:22 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 17:21 PMRollo

I've used an identical early/mid game build since the December update (albeit with Bofors/mortar combo as the AA gun + 1 Dank Hunter IS shuts down Luchs very hard) and it's probably the best Brit opener. Much less risky than double snipers or double Vickers. Since you want to save fuel = no brens/nades til after cromwell, you've got the resources to spam mines and god forbid, use HTL (Hold The Line) once.

Though only yesterday did I discover the benefits of Tac Sup and Spec Weps when utilized together. However I can see the individual abilities getting nerfed - Command vehicle free recon is silly, Concentrated fire Ops' ability to delete a OKW building is broken (Spec weps can do it alone - save up 250 munis for when you deploy a croc then use the flares to spot the building) and Artillery Cover is probably the most overperforming ability of the lot.

14 Jan 2016, 05:52 AM

It's pretty absurd to be in a situation where British team games rely on taking out the enemy before they get their momentum up. Like it's such a late game faction by design and if you need to take advantage of the fact that Cromwells can arrive reasonably fast to be competitive in team games with it there is definitely something wrong with the faction overall. The British DO suck, even if this one strategy is viable competitively.

Will be testing it out later on anyway. Hope it goes well coz I'm sick of losing.
14 Jan 2016, 07:53 AM

It's pretty absurd to be in a situation where British team games rely on taking out the enemy before they get their momentum up. Like it's such a late game faction by design and if you need to take advantage of the fact that Cromwells can arrive reasonably fast to be competitive in team games with it there is definitely something wrong with the faction overall. The British DO suck, even if this one strategy is viable competitively.

Will be testing it out later on anyway. Hope it goes well coz I'm sick of losing.

Why is it absurd? You CAN choose to build heavier and more expensive british tanks and grind it out like most players do. I find in those situations wipes are extremely devastating and the game devolves to pushing vps and trying to get wipes with rocket artillery and heavy tanks, so it's a lot more rng based. I prefer to have more control over my games, so I prefer to do these kinds of strategies where you get a massive shock advantage and just continue to roll on this advantage.
14 Jan 2016, 07:56 AM

What would be the suggestion against early OST snipers? Given UKF are meant to hold down a section of the map a sniper can constantly poke at them. Besides the usual trying to counter snipe what other suggestions do you have?

Get your mortar pits as fast as possible in good spots. Just turtle around the mortar pits. The threat of 4 mortars shooting at a single sniper is really risky so players probably won't use the sniper offensively. You can see that in the 4th replay I posted. The Ostheer player got a quick sniper but it was pretty much used in a defensive manner and they couldn't push us at all without taking massive damage from the 4 mortars. And then just turtle, keep your emplacement alive until you get your cromwell out
14 Jan 2016, 21:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 07:37 AMpugzii

Don't play brits with randoms. . ever

But why ? I don't understand?
15 Jan 2016, 02:58 AM

But why ? I don't understand?

I just find it hard to solo carry with brits. You need to coordinate with your teammate
15 Jan 2016, 03:39 AM
Patrion 14

But Lemon, with new AEC, are there any changes in your strategy?
15 Jan 2016, 04:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 03:39 AMpigsoup
But Lemon, with new AEC, are there any changes in your strategy?

Might be worth trying aec spam since it costs half the fuel of a cromwell and comes waaaay faster. I won't be home till next week though so I won't be able to try it.
23 Jan 2016, 00:18 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

After Brits came out, I made sure to keep a howitzer doctrine in my multiplayer wher loadout for this very reason. When I combine this with heavy mine and sniper play, the Brits become cheese.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 82
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment