Login

russian armor

Recent pathfinding "upgrade"

Are you also annoyed of this and want it to be fixed or removed?
Option Distribution Votes
83%
17%
Total votes: 12
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
10 Jan 2016, 10:14 AM

Hallo,

i am getting annoyed of this last path finding "upgrade" units cyrcle around for no reason. Drive where no orders has given. Pathfinding is often blocked and they start do do even worst things as before. Doing "Donuts" moves for no reason.

It's countless, you know what i mean if you played the game at least once, but like it seems is this an improvment for relic. But it is not for me, i must say i am a bit upset to take always care on this scrap. I mean i want to do here and there, a bit multi taskting like to not look like rank 128934 but no, it ruins all.
You have always to watch and click around, take care that the units doing at least in some kind what you want them to do.

Cheers,

BlechKopp
10 Jan 2016, 10:40 AM

The new path finding is total BS, please revert Relic.
10 Jan 2016, 10:59 AM

I agree.

Lost count how many times vehicles have just gone full retard at key moments and been destroyed.
10 Jan 2016, 11:09 AM

i see brencarriers driving backwards into action on daily bases, i hope this is not intended
13 Jan 2016, 07:12 AM

Relic staff saw this on vacation and get interested , so they implement it in game
13 Jan 2016, 07:23 AM

Nah--best solution is remove the reverse radius completely.

If you click anywhere behind tank in 180 degree arc, it reverses to that location.

If you click anywhere in front of the tank in 180 degree arc, it drives forward to that location.

It should just do whatever option gives the fastest path. I think this would reduce the amount of behavior that the player doesn't intend.

Edit: Oh, you're not actually talking about the only change Relic made to pathfinding any time recently, and are just talkplaining about it as a whole? HmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
19 Jan 2016, 03:48 AM

Reddit has a big thread also asking for pathfinding to be reverted to the old way.
Relic guys, looks like the community really wants this reverted
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS