Login

russian armor

stuck at the same level

9 Jan 2016, 01:58 AM

Hey guys!

I have been playing this game for quite some time now but i'm getting kinda hopeless .
I feel i have been stuck at the same level for too long and i'm hardly improving.

I dunno what to do to get better, if anyone can help out that'll be awesome, Cheers
I'm up for anything to improve , and i'm quite eager to learn.

PS: i watch A LOT of live games , like at least 50% of the time spent in game is watching replays, i really enjoy doing that .
9 Jan 2016, 11:15 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Iirc, some of the dedicated winners put in something like 40 hours per week playing this game = average 5+ hrs per day. Do you?

You would be better off selecting and playing people of your skill level in custom matches, rather than relying on Automatch to give you consistent highly skilled opponents. (It also cuts out the wait)

9 Jan 2016, 14:25 PM

Iirc, some of the dedicated winners put in something like 40 hours per week playing this game = average 5+ hrs per day. Do you?

You would be better off selecting and playing people of your skill level in custom matches, rather than relying on Automatch to give you consistent highly skilled opponents. (It also cuts out the wait)

Oh yeah i spend 5 hours a day in the game for sure, not all of em playing though.
Like i said i watch a lot of games .
U'r right about the skill gap in at though.
I either get newbies or highly skilled players, it's rare to find and play a balanced match .
Thanks for the help , i appreciate it .
9 Jan 2016, 14:42 PM
Benefactor 392

Have you tried changing your way of thinking?
sometimes this helps me by a lot, sometimes a little.

offensive, defensive, aggressive, conservative.

Also watching other people play and reading about other people never really cuts it, you have to watch your own replays and critique your play, don't mind the strong points in the game were things seem to be amazing. and if you do have amazing fights watch how that was brought to point. see how you got there.

Plan your maps as well, find your hard points in map and work on how effective you can make them, work on how much harrassment you'd be able to get away with, and see how many tricks and traps you think you can form.

and force yourself out of the comfort zone. doing something uncomfortable with your habital play helps quite a bit.

playing your opponent, instead of playing the game on your end try and play the game through his end... easy way to put it, try and be preceptive about how your buddy on the other table plays, you have your set of ways but what are his, how is he doing his things, why is he doing these things. I'm not asking to much thought into it i'm just saying take a split second.

be active on the map, don't sit in one spot.
9 Jan 2016, 22:28 PM

Have you tried changing your way of thinking?
sometimes this helps me by a lot, sometimes a little.

offensive, defensive, aggressive, conservative.

Also watching other people play and reading about other people never really cuts it, you have to watch your own replays and critique your play, don't mind the strong points in the game were things seem to be amazing. and if you do have amazing fights watch how that was brought to point. see how you got there.

Plan your maps as well, find your hard points in map and work on how effective you can make them, work on how much harrassment you'd be able to get away with, and see how many tricks and traps you think you can form.

and force yourself out of the comfort zone. doing something uncomfortable with your habital play helps quite a bit.

playing your opponent, instead of playing the game on your end try and play the game through his end... easy way to put it, try and be preceptive about how your buddy on the other table plays, you have your set of ways but what are his, how is he doing his things, why is he doing these things. I'm not asking to much thought into it i'm just saying take a split second.

be active on the map, don't sit in one spot.

all what u said actually is true.
i really suck on certain maps , and i always play defensively .
Even though i watch tons of replay i never really dare to put any thing i see to use , i can't really try new stuff and stick almost exclusively with the same build order .
I end up reacting to my opponent most of the time that is true and never really take the initiative .
Thanks for pointing that out :D
That really helps XD
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight