Login

russian armor

British allies in 2v2, tips request

5 Jan 2016, 16:11 PM

I play as soviets in 2v2, i am losing 90% of my games in 2v2 if my ally is british.
Then i usually win in 2v2 if my ally is not british, So i am stuck around rank 13-14 (on the 1-20 ladder).

So, am i doing something wrong, does the british got any special needs that i ignore or something?
tips are welcome

5 Jan 2016, 17:26 PM

I play as soviets in 2v2, i am losing 90% of my games in 2v2 if my ally is british.
Then i usually win in 2v2 if my ally is not british, So i am stuck around rank 13-14 (on the 1-20 ladder).

So, am i doing something wrong, does the british got any special needs that i ignore or something?
tips are welcome

anyone that doesnt use mortar pits and piats with british is screwed these days .
6 Jan 2016, 16:17 PM

The best tip is pray that your ally isn't British.

If your prayers aren't answered, then you need to know Brits are really, really gimped right now. They lack a reliable snare and their infantry AT, while really good against tougher armor, can't hit light vehicles without said snare. Speaking of light vehicles, the British ones all suck.

That being said, they can be a tough nut to crack without a mortar halftrack once they dig in, so your job is babysitting and making damn sure they can dig in on a fuel point early and then buy time by harassing fuel as much as you can. You just need to be aware Brits can't fight aggressively until tanks start to pop.
6 Jan 2016, 17:52 PM

Go T2 and build a mortar as your third or so unit, support his flank and then push the other flank together.

2vs2 randoms is like herding cats, but you need to know regardless brits lack a lot of basic features in the game (indirect fire, AT grenades). So if you maxim/conspam then get locked down by MG42's that's your fault, you need to supply the indirect, flamers and early AT that British lack.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★