Login

russian armor

[Underrated Game]Evolve

4 Jan 2016, 13:08 PM

It is an awesome competition game,I wish more people would play it . It is created by the team of L4D2 , how it is so unpopular ...

5 Jan 2016, 21:02 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 13:08 PMhkwh01
It is an awesome competition game,I wish more people would play it . It is created by the team of L4D2 , how it is so unpopular ...

I think it's unpopular because it's basically one game mode. Very cool game but I never bought it cuz it looked like it would get old after 30 minutes like Star Wars Battlefront.
8 Jan 2016, 17:18 PM
Patrion 14

really wanted to get it at launch. but 79.99 CAD felt seem too much for it.

wanted to get it during winter sale... only a few hundred people playing...
AvD
14 Jan 2016, 10:36 AM

Just logged in for the first time in ages after seeing this thread to put in my support for this awesome game.

Easily my favourite game of the last year along with Rocket league.

The game is not without problems (some bugs, balance of some characters, low playerbase) but I feel it is very underrated.

Playing as hunter takes more brains than other shooter-type games and can be very rewarding and fun but also quite frustrating when it goes wrong.
Playing as monster gave me the biggest adrenaline rush i've had while playing a videogame ever (and I am old enough to have been playing games for nearly 30 years now).
The lowish playernumbers have been stable and actually also been rising slowly over the last months.

The main issue this game has which held it back from being more successful imo is that it is actually quite a bit more complicated than it seems at first and (as hunter) extremely dependant on teamwork.

It also had some publicity issues at release because of a badly communicated dlc strategy which got blown way out of proportion by some reviewers.
I watched some reviews early and the reviewers were clearly not understanding some core game mechanics but going on about the dlc for 50% of the review.
The dlc is btw not worse in any way compared to most other modern games. The devs actually release some new characters for free occasionally and all stuff that could potentially divide the playerbase like maps and gamemodes are free which makes this model better than e.g. Battlefield.

The developers are also communicating very openly and friendly with the community via forums, regular streaming and playing with the community.

In less than a year i put in more hours into this game than into CoH2 during its whole lifetime.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★