Login

russian armor

Hand Held AT and Suppression

3 Jan 2016, 07:27 AM

Ok so i just had a thought (scary), would it be a bad idea if all hand held weapons (Zoks, Shrecks, PTRS, and PIOT) wouldn't be able to fire when the unit is suppressed. I believe that right now it increase the aim time, and lower acurracy, not sure. The main thing that i was thinking was this could be a good buff for suppression platforms, and make it easier to punish blobs (never a bad thing and this could help team games while leaving 1v1s alone).

Now i know one thing that will most likely be brought up are units like the M5,OKW AA Halftrack, and the USF AA Halftrack. To this i say that when these units come out at guns are a thing. So that should take care of those.

Thoughts?
3 Jan 2016, 08:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think I can agree current suppression penalties aren't very damaging to handheld AT weapon blobs (I'm assuming the accuracy penalty works against them at all but it is definitely reduced by how the rounds can scatter to hit vehicles anyway and the reload penalty is not very significant if a few hits get into a vehicle still and force it to tread carefully anyway) aside from particularly excellent positioning against them leading to an easy battle (Forward scout+AI vehicle that outranges the handheld AT significantly/AI infantry around to take advantage), but preventing firing them at all strikes me as overly harsh.

A simple -5 range reduction to handheld AT when suppressed would render kiting them child's play for all frontline tanks and many light vehicles compared to before.
3 Jan 2016, 09:31 AM

The mechanic is fine right now, no changes needed.
Those who are bothered by shreck/bazooka blobs so much don't know how to counter them. Even tanks are good to counter them if you know how to kite. If you don't know, maybe you should play scrabble instead of COH. There is a reason for which the far accuracy of shreck isn't good, for instance.
3 Jan 2016, 10:39 AM

The current mechanic is fine. The suppression will make whatever first shots they take really inaccurate, and the reload is increased so much that they won't get a second shot off for a long time. Seems pretty fair to me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★