Login

russian armor

Possible to reduce in-game UI?

1 Jan 2016, 15:37 PM

I run the game on a really bad laptop but I still love so I want to keep playing. Naturally I have looked for every single way to get extra frames, I've lowered settings, gone into the .ini, begged, borrowed and stolen to nab some more frames, but what I haven't been able to do as of yet is change the size of the UI, which really kills PC performance, apart from scaling the resolution.

I have found the resolution scale in the .ini but it doesn't seem to do anything when changing it.

The file in question is in Documents > My games > Company of Heroes 2 > configuration_system.lua

Code
[39] =
{
setting = "hudscale",
value = 255,
valueType = 2,
},

This looks to me like it should scale up and down the hud, so I changed 255 to 100 and saved it and launched the game but it appears to have not changed a thing. My question is: is it possible to change the in-game HUD size and if so, what am I missing?
1 Jan 2016, 15:50 PM
Patrion 310

Have you tried changing hud scale in the graphics options?
1 Jan 2016, 17:19 PM

Have you tried changing hud scale in the graphics options?

I have looked at it in game and it's only able to be altered for resolutions higher than native.

My native resolution is 1366x768 but I use a lower one for the game. This is why I want to try to alter the HUD scale in the game files as I can't in game.

And before you ask, yes my machine could just about run this game with everything turned down but it gets tiresome playing with the same old lag not being able to upgrade.

[EDIT]: Just found this in a similar file sysconfig.lua in C: > Program Files x86 > Steam > SteamApps > Company of Heroes 2 > sysconfig.lua

Code
--~ These are used to tweek the options screen
applicationBaseMemory = 500
d3d10AdditionalMemory = 32
allowableVirtualMemoryUsage = 128

Is this what I think it is? It looks as if it's not using all available memory or is this just some red herring that makes it look like it's not. I'm goign to test it and pray nothing breaks.
1 Jan 2016, 17:45 PM
Patrion 14

I have been trying this to Swiftsabre, but this was a few months ago. When I tried to launch a match I got a bugsplat. Seems like they fixed it so you don't get bugsplat anymore.

Didn't Relic say in a stream once your resolution has to be higher than [???] so use the Scale HUD option?
1 Jan 2016, 17:50 PM

I have been trying this to Swiftsabre, but this was a few months ago. When I tried to launch a match I got a bugsplat. Seems like they fixed it so you don't get bugsplat anymore.

Didn't Relic say in a stream once your resolution has to be higher than [???] so use the Scale HUD option?

So does that mean it works?

I also found a message saying update "SystemConfig.cpp" when I update a certain file but I can't find SystemConfig.cpp.

[EDIT]: Nothing I have tried to alter so far has had any effect.
2 Jan 2016, 02:05 AM

the scale option is only for people with resolutions like 1440p and 4k
i dont think you can reduce it by changing settings file
2 Jan 2016, 11:37 AM

Oh well, I'll just update my graphics drivers and be done with it. It's a shame, the UI is so pretty but so very intensive.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★