Login

russian armor

Poll: Should OKW Volks have their shrecks removed/modified?

30 Dec 2015, 11:48 AM

if they give shrecks to stumrpios it weill mean no shrecks at all. In 1v1 you can maximally make 2 pios without bleeding like pig.

You will have one with shreck and one with sweeper. So your mid game composition will be something like:

luchs , 3 volks , one stg squad - stumrpio and one shreck squad

And USA will have 2 rifles with 1 bar, cpatain with 2 zoooks , 2 normal riflemen and a stuart.

Guess whitch one of them will win ?

(rifles will roflstomp your infantry and stuart + captain will hold against shrecks rather easily).

I think we both play different gamemodes and that is the problem

I assume the USF are just going to be sweeping out mines with the force?

If you're going to force the OKW to get two sturm for at least one sweeper, then the USF should be forced to get at least one Rear Echelon for a sweeper as well.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 11:35 AMBlalord

USF will plant even more mines when he see that you went double Pio with Shrek, USF infantries will still rape OKW infantry, Double Stuart into Pershing works very well

OKW is the faction with easier access to mines. The OKW doesn't need to worry about mines against USF unless they see a m20. Assuming we are going with Hector's scenario, the USF are not going to have mines.

If we are taking doctrine into account, we can probably swap out a few volks for panzerfusilier.
30 Dec 2015, 11:51 AM

I assume the USF are just going to be sweeping out mines with the force?

If you're going to force the OKW to get two sturm for at least one sweeper, then the USF should be forced to get at least one Rear Echelon for a sweeper as well.

OKW is the faction with easier access to mines. The OKW doesn't need to worry about mines against USF unless they see a m20. Assuming we are going with Hector's scenario, the USF are not going to have mines.

Where is the difficulty having a RE sweeper ?

Its way more difficult to have 1 Sturmpio with Sweeper when you already have 2 Sturmpio with shrek ( i was responding to his post )

Infantry doctrine and Pershing doctrine have mines on rifleman, i personally love the 2 Stuart into Pershing build.

( Hector in his post never said which doctrine used with USF )
30 Dec 2015, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 11:51 AMBlalord

Where is the difficulty having a RE sweeper ?

Hector's scenario give roughly the same resources to both side, except the USF doesn't get a minesweeper, while the OKW does.

a Rear echolen with sweeper will cost extra resources.
30 Dec 2015, 12:30 PM

Do you guys realise that only the M20 can lay mines for USF? Normal mines are in 1 doctrine...and even if the usf player does that, there wouldn't be much of a muni stockpile left for weapon upgrades.
30 Dec 2015, 12:38 PM

Do you guys realise that only the M20 can lay mines for USF? Normal mines are in 1 doctrine...and even if the usf player does that, there wouldn't be much of a muni stockpile left for weapon upgrades.

Arguably they are in 4, but lets be hones, when was last time anyone have seen assault engies last time?
30 Dec 2015, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 12:38 PMKatitof

Arguably they are in 4, but lets be hones, when was last time anyone have seen assault engies last time?

Exactly, mines are not much of a threat vs USF, so sweeper can be skipped.
30 Dec 2015, 13:29 PM

Hector's scenario give roughly the same resources to both side, except the USF doesn't get a minesweeper, while the OKW does.

a Rear echolen with sweeper will cost extra resources.

This is why i was quoting BeefSurge and not Hector on the first place ;D
30 Dec 2015, 14:03 PM

You do know that Sturmpios would have double shrecks (like they used to). Enough to hold off light armor with fausts and 1 raketen.

And mid game would be more like this: luchs, 3 volks (prob some with weapon upgrade), 1 Sturmpio with shrecks (as sweepers are not needed vs USA unless someone tries inf. company). 1 raketen and prob some doctrinal infantry/mg-34. Maybe a few mines...should be enough to stall the allies.

Guess which one of them will win? Who uses his units better.

(And take a look at my playedcard before commenting something like not playing the same mod)

Like if armor , infantry and cavarly were not meta.

Or usa will simply go m20 , push you back (cause they only fear one squad now) plant mines , rush stuart and tatata ....

And what would you give volks then ? Or OKW is meant to be always in need for elite infantry ?
30 Dec 2015, 14:07 PM

i meant how much it will weaken OKW because they generally loose 4 stgs with that upgrade so they will need to always rely on elite infantry.

If you look at it from any angle it wont help OKW.

They will need to go always sturmpio and 3 volks into elite infantry or else USA will stomp them.

stuart >luchs , stuart will fear only 1 squad whitch can be kited (right now okw can get 2 shrecks and an raketen) ,

riflemen with bars and captrain with zooks > volks and also agains luchs becuase sutart have shellshock , they have snades and zooks
30 Dec 2015, 14:17 PM

They will need to go always sturmpio and 3 volks into elite infantry or else USA will stomp them.

Given how many different kinds of doctrinal elite infantry they have plus obers it seems like they aren't even supposed to hold without elite infantry.
30 Dec 2015, 14:23 PM

Fun little fact, Sturmpios used to have shrecks (thus they have the voice lines for them).

messed-up voice lines where their voice suddenly changes. It's quite noticeable.

I don't like the idea of Panzerschrecks on Sturms, because it would make them very similar to Panzergrenadiers. And it doesn't really suit an engineering unit.

An MP40 upgrade would be nice as there are absolutely no MP40s in the OKW. But the weapon was produced a lot. Of course, an upgradeable MP40 would have seperate stats. Such an upgrade would also be a nice nod to CoH 1 Volks.

If they were to just loose the Panzerschreck without getting anything new, then I'd see their recent price increase to 250mp as unjustified.

Lastly, if people hate a-moving Schrecks, the situation could be improved if Schrecks were made to be used more defensively. I imagine a longer initial aim time and maybe a decreased range could have such an effect. The whole mobility plus AT could be the main nuisance to many people here.
30 Dec 2015, 15:11 PM

The effective range of a schreck however is comparable to a faust. Allied players don't typically need to worry about Gren fausts because Ost has so many other munition costing abilities and upgrades while OKW has very few non-doctrine choices (however I've seen players like SPrice purposely float munitions against USF for enough fausts to take out the first light vehicle). Microing and keeping your distance is just as effective against schrecks as it is against fausts if you stay just at the max range of your light vehicle, and if you bounce between max range and just outside of max the aim time prevents schrecks from firing. Even if volks are able to get a rocket off when youre sitting at max range its extremely unlikely it will connect. Upgraded M20 will take 3 shots btw, and it has the ability to fall back behind lines and repair using the vehicle crew and jump right back in.

While flanking with a squad outside of your opponents vision and being able to get a faust off is rewarding, it's even more rewarding to punish volks blobs as allies using suppression, indirect fire, mines etc. And surpisingly enough, it's so much easier to do than it is to actually use a volks blob to take out medium armor against any half competent opponent. I'm actually happy to see an OKW player group the majority of his infantry together, it means I can outcap him, and that I can force a retreat on him rather easily with indirect. And even better, If i know the location of his BGHQ, I can continue to punish with things like rocket arty and white phosphorous, or go in for a big crush.

I understand that you're speaking mostly in terms of experiences inside of 3v3+, but balance on those levels has more to do with inflated resource incomes, map resource lay outs, and team coordination than anything else. Making balance changes to all game modes in order to try and fix issues within those 2 game modes would be a terrible balance decision and if i understood this thread correctly is not the prerogative ATM.

I also left this in that same thread, also ignored by everyone:

I extremely disagree that OKW players would spam 4-5 volks squads to wait and faust spam a vehicle that happens to show up with muni float and pop cap.

It would give incentive to actually place mines and play strategically with munitions around instead of spending on a shrek that will pretty much last the WHOLE game. If it somehow drops, usually another squad will pick it up.
30 Dec 2015, 15:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 14:23 PMFluffi

messed-up voice lines where their voice suddenly changes. It's quite noticeable.

I don't like the idea of Panzerschrecks on Sturms, because it would make them very similar to Panzergrenadiers. And it doesn't really suit an engineering unit.

An MP40 upgrade would be nice as there are absolutely no MP40s in the OKW. But the weapon was produced a lot. Of course, an upgradeable MP40 would have seperate stats. Such an upgrade would also be a nice nod to CoH 1 Volks.

If they were to just loose the Panzerschreck without getting anything new, then I'd see their recent price increase to 250mp as unjustified.

Lastly, if people hate a-moving Schrecks, the situation could be improved if Schrecks were made to be used more defensively. I imagine a longer initial aim time and maybe a decreased range could have such an effect. The whole mobility plus AT could be the main nuisance to many people here.

Well said. +1 reduce aim time and range
30 Dec 2015, 16:57 PM

i meant how much it will weaken OKW because they generally loose 4 stgs with that upgrade so they will need to always rely on elite infantry.

If you look at it from any angle it wont help OKW.

stuart >luchs , stuart will fear only 1 squad whitch can be kited (right now okw can get 2 shrecks and an raketen) ,

riflemen with bars and captrain with zooks > volks and also agains luchs becuase sutart have shellshock , they have snades and zooks

Then how come Ostheer can stop Stuart with double shreck squads, fausts and ATG my dear USF commander??

Your scenario isn't valid because of this, and don't act like USF can beat every and all axis army

They are always going sturmp + 3 volks. Volks get weapon upgrade (mp-40 as some1 claimed) to make up for the shreck loss to help against allied infantry. Or doctrinal infantry is enough.

Stuart isn't that deadly if you consider a double shreck + a hidden raketen + panzerfausts, maybe a Luchs lurking around. Maybe it can kite the OKW but definietly not a GG.

Either way, removing shrecks from volks and giving them AI upgrade, maybe adding AT to other squads is a good idea to make OKW less blobby an frustrating.

Also what's this USF Cavalry Commander you've mentioned? Even better with the armor/infantry company..I'd fight gladly against them than Callis or Pershings.

Cheers
30 Dec 2015, 17:25 PM

Then how come Ostheer can stop Stuart with double shreck squads, fausts and ATG my dear USF commander??

Your scenario isn't valid because of this, and don't act like USF can beat every and all axis army

They are always going sturmp + 3 volks. Volks get weapon upgrade (mp-40 as some1 claimed) to make up for the shreck loss to help against allied infantry. Or doctrinal infantry is enough.

Stuart isn't that deadly if you consider a double shreck + a hidden raketen + panzerfausts, maybe a Luchs lurking around. Maybe it can kite the OKW but definietly not a GG.

Either way, removing shrecks from volks and giving them AI upgrade, maybe adding AT to other squads is a good idea to make OKW less blobby an frustrating.

Also what's this USF Cavalry Commander you've mentioned? Even better with the armor/infantry company..I'd fight gladly against them than Callis or Pershings.

Cheers

Maybe Ostheer does well with fausts ? If OKW does not have fausts and volks lookse shreck they are done for good.

Also maybe ostheer does it well because lmg grens can hold line well while puma is waiting in garrage ?

And maybe it is because ostheer sniper that bleed USA army like pig ?

Or maybe because of sustainable suprresion platofrm ?

I dont know but Ostheer can easier counter USA as whole than OKW that loose shrecks on volks and get on then sturmpios.
30 Dec 2015, 17:29 PM

Maybe Ostheer does well with fausts ? If OKW does not have fausts and volks lookse shreck they are done for good.

Also maybe ostheer does it well because lmg grens can hold line well while puma is waiting in garrage ?

And maybe it is because ostheer sniper that bleed USA army like pig ?

Or maybe because of sustainable suprresion platofrm ?

I dont know but Ostheer can easier counter USA as whole than OKW that loose shrecks on volks and get on then sturmpios.

Maybe you should read my post first before saying anything.

Thanks.
30 Dec 2015, 18:40 PM

The biggest issue is not as much the schreck its the ability to blob still the cover system in this game is so unrewarding to use that its easier to just blob straight at your target half the time then it is to actually use tactics. green cover bonus needs to be buffed way more and they need to drastically increase the red cover penalty. If they are to maintain the system the way it is the best option would to give the volks the exact same abilities as they had in coh 1 if u realy want a viable at weapon on infantry then add like pegrens or grens with a shreck ability since they took the at tank out of the med truck anyways
30 Dec 2015, 18:43 PM

Volk schreks, much like all handheld AT weapons except for PTRS, should be absolutely terrible at maximum range.

The problem with blobs wielding them is that when they A-Move and engage at max range there is an exceptionally good chance a tank or vehicle will be damaged if not outright destroyed.

If that were throttled down to a rare chance and infantry had to get into close/mid range to hit with schreks, there would be a much less severe problem with schrek blobs.

I remember in vCoH the only blobs I ever had trouble with were rangers and paratroopers because zooks and recoilless rifles were pretty accurate at max range. And even then it was only recoilless rifles that had enough penetration to actually be a threat to the heavier tanks.
30 Dec 2015, 22:16 PM

Uhhh, what?

Flanked raketen can reatreat. Flanked ZiS or 57mm cannot.
What soviet's have to hold the line agasint tanks? PTRS? Only ZiS gun. Not to mention that Raketen is T0 unit which can cloak.
So what's SU or USF mid-game AT option? PTRS? Zooks? As AT they only rely on AT guns, but OKW cannot rely on AT gun which can retreat?

I think the main point is that with its shorter range, the Raketen is easier to flank and to make it retreat.

With the Zis' longer range it is less likely to be flanked.

Zookas are a good option for mid-game vs medium vehicles. Have you tried them? When you have 6 together, they'll make short work of a PIV or Ostwind.

OKW can no longer rely on the Raketen. I used to build 5 and one-shot medium tanks. Now the Calliope with recon has ended it :'( The Croc also wrecks the Raketen.

To OP - No I don't think it's good to remove the shrek. OKW has no LMG for its core infantry. It can't even get them off a 2v2 partner unlike Allies.
30 Dec 2015, 22:27 PM

this is the third time in this thread I'm saying this but I'll say it one more time: only issue with shrek is ease with which it hits vehicles at range. Reduce range to 30 and increase cooldown slightly. mass Volk play should just force vehicles away and create a safe zone for okw to operate in-not actually serve as their primary AT until Jp4 and Panthers come out.

anti infantry upgrade or Faust would be OP as hell, and Pio Shreks makes no sense.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 53
Poland 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment