Login

russian armor

How does armor work in CoH2?

2 Jul 2013, 08:27 AM

didn't check the stats since closed beta, but there should be near/far accuracy modifiers and also a max range for a weapon. if you go from far to near, it becomes quite obvious how this works: max range is higher than far range --> everything between max and far is considered far, everything between far and near is considered near, everything between near and 0 is untargetable.

while the stats (and some of the names) might seem intimidating/confusing at first, it really isn't rocket science. the actual calculations are fairly simple.

it doesn't get much easier than "penetration divided by armor equals penetration chance".

Admittedly, there are loads and loads of modifiers that can complicate things, but as soon as you understand all of them, the whole system becomes a whole lot easier to understand.
2 Jul 2013, 13:24 PM

didn't check the stats since closed beta, but there should be near/far accuracy modifiers and also a max range for a weapon. if you go from far to near, it becomes quite obvious how this works: max range is higher than far range --> everything between max and far is considered far, everything between far and near is considered near, everything between near and 0 is untargetable.

I don't see a "max range", only "near" and "far" ranges.

I presume that the actual range of the weapons are between the near and far ranges.

What I don't know is how that affects accuracy.

e.g.

near range = 0
far range = 35
near accuracy = .3
far accuracy = .6

The accuracy at 0 and at 35 is obvious. What is the accuracy at 20?

My best guess would be ((actual range / far range) * (far accuracy - near accuracy) + near accuracy).

That would be:
((20 / 35) * (.6 - .3)) + .3 =
(.57 * (.3)) + .3 =
2 Jul 2013, 13:35 PM

come to think of it, actually, iirc, there already was a thread about this, probably during closed beta. a relic dev answered to a remark kolaris made, criticizing the move to get rid of the 3 tiered short/medium/long range system to near/far... and iirc, it actually was different than how i explained it above. can't recall exactly how it worked, but i am quite certain that it came down to a simplified form of having a three tiered range system... if only this site had a search function or a "show all threads with posts from this member" function or something like that...

anyways, just because i like numbers, i will look up the stats when i get home from work. maybe it'll come back to me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS