Login

russian armor

OKW meta vs UKF

24 Dec 2015, 12:55 PM

what is the current OKW meta vs UKF in 1v1? For all the OKW op threads.. I cant beat UKF early on with inf and it spirals into relying on them making mistakes in the mid-late game to turn the tide. Against the more seasoned UKF players its just a snowball effect on the map. Do I need to choose a doc with mg34?
24 Dec 2015, 14:07 PM

Mg 34 or lose.Vickers will shut you down.
25 Dec 2015, 22:22 PM

Mg 34 or lose.Vickers will shut you down.

If you can get a luchs in the first 5 minutes, it's just a blood bath. Free reign to murder everything he has, until AEC. So, just spammmmmmmmmmm, cause it works. Panzerfusiliers, volks, kubel, the whole schmeal.
25 Dec 2015, 22:59 PM

Try to rush an early Luchs, and try to delay your schreks as long as possible. If you buy schreks too early, when there is no armor to take out, you loose 1 modell with Kar98 out of 5 because of the schrek. Also try to put your volks in green cover and they will kinda hold their own against IS.
Jaegers work pretty well against IS, because they spawn with the G43. It won't do a lot of damage, but it will kill the IS's modells pretty reliably.
Fallschirmjägers are also a good choice, especially when the Brit bought a sniper against you. You have to wait until he moves his sniper near a building and BAM, you spawn a Fallschirm, and wipe that sniper.
Buying a ISG is also a good investment, since you can take out emplacements and MGs pretty good. With 2 ISG you can take out an emplacement in a really short time. The ISG also pretty good against the UKF playstyle, since it forces the IS to move, and if the IS is not in cover, they won't get that sweet buff.
Try to plant mines in doors, and behind covers where you suspect he will stand in an engagement.
About the Airlanding officier and Commando... well, don't let them get close to your units, and try to take them out with some armor. Preserving your Luchs will come handy in these situations.
Around 12-13 minutes, he will bring out some kind of medium armor: either a Cromwell or a Centaur. Buying a raketenwerfer is meh, but if you place it in a building the centaur won't be able to do anything about it. Try to bring out a jagdpanzer4 or a panzer4. The jgdpz4 will be a good investment if you plan to bring out a KönigsTiger. You can support your KT with placing your Jgdpz4 behind it, because it has a far more bigger range. A Panzer4 is good against infantry, and the Cromwell and the Centaur, but it will struggle to penetrate the Churchill's frontal armor. Only the KT, Panther and Jagdtiger is effective against a Churchill. (TBH I never had any success against a Crocodile Churchill... It just roflstomps in my infantry's face, then reverse back to his AT wall...)
About the MGs: the Vickers will always outrange the MG-34, so I don't recommend placing it face-to-face.
26 Dec 2015, 07:30 AM

Thanks for the tips. I've been having some success using pfuliers and the g43. I've just given up dislodging an mg early on and go to another area. Generally with careful preservation I can negate the early fuel disadvantage. Crcodile is still an instant "T" hit though soon as I see it.
26 Dec 2015, 07:48 AM

Permanently Banned
I feel like you wont beat sections without obers or JLI. Sections rape volks, and sturms late, and beat panzerfussiliers. So spam might work early, but you can't compete late.
26 Dec 2015, 13:24 PM

I dont like relying on obers though. They have such an mp bleed, and I've seen them wiped too often on rng. Would it be wort it to go stg doc for them?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight