Login

russian armor

COH2 - ESL Tournament Series

19 Dec 2015, 18:28 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2015, 13:19 PMInverse

Ever seen a 2v2+ Starcraft tournament? Didn't think so.

It kinda bothers me that they committed less than $2500 for this, and missed on the chance to host an offline finals at their offices. They could've shown people they were serious about this.

eSports has many other brands running leagues with team play involved in other games. Not saying that they are RTS games, but Team play and eSports is a thing. Maybe they don't do team play tourneys in Star Craft, but why would you compare that game to this, other than it being a RTS. Playing in team games may not be competitive in Start Craft, but whos to say Coh2 can't be competitive in team play.

I have helped run 2v2 tourneys in Coh2, with little to no problems. In this fact, I have ran the tourney's with no prizes, and the players stayed involved and active. Running team events can be done because I have proven it.

Existant
19 Dec 2015, 18:55 PM

you will know with your tremendous 1v1 experience of 17 games ever played

And you don't need to be a chef to say that food was bad.
19 Dec 2015, 20:02 PM
Coder Red Badge

Teamplay is a thing. Teamplay in competitive RTS games isn't a thing. Why compete against games that were explicitly designed to be played in teams? An RTS is never going to be able to compete against that, it's silly to even consider it.

Hosting a serious 4v4 CoH tournament is like hosting a serious 1v1 CS or Dota tournament. It can be fun and entertaining, sure, but you're kidding yourself if you think it's the way the game is meant to be played in that sort of atmosphere. You can play CS and Dota 1v1, but the games were designed for 5v5 play. You can play CoH and Starcraft 4v4, but the games were designed for 1v1. It's silly to complain just because the mode you enjoy most isn't the mode best suited for competitive play.
19 Dec 2015, 20:20 PM

Pitting 1v1 vs teamplay is pretty much cancer to a community.

Instead of lashing out against other peoples tastes, try supporting each other. The game will be a lot healthier.
19 Dec 2015, 20:30 PM

I dont know why people goes agains non 1vs1 tournaments, if you simply dont like it let it be, it wont make any diference for you to be or not
19 Dec 2015, 20:45 PM

No 20k prizepool MVGame lelic you liars
19 Dec 2015, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2015, 20:20 PMGdot
Pitting 1v1 vs teamplay is pretty much cancer to a community.

Instead of lashing out against other peoples tastes, try supporting each other. The game will be a lot healthier.

+1,000,0000
19 Dec 2015, 21:33 PM
Patrion 14

2v2 on GOOD MAPS would be sweet.

but this sounds good too.
20 Dec 2015, 01:40 AM
Coder Red Badge

I have nothing against team tournaments. I just think it's silly seeing people going "Why isn't this a team tournament?" when the game wasn't designed for that sort of thing. You can enjoy it, of course. But when you're talking about a serious, developer-sponsored tournament, you're going to play it on the mode best suited for competitive play. That mode is 1v1, for very obvious reasons that I really shouldn't have to point out.
20 Dec 2015, 01:58 AM

You know, given the current alternatives, I'm cautiously optimistic about this. While there's plenty of shoulda-woulda-couldas as far as CoH2 (and esports) are concerned, this should, at the very least, provide a platform from which people can reference for issues of balance and gameplay.

It's a lot harder to get people to look at a replay or (hah) take someone's word for their experiences on how something should be balanced. It's a lot easier to take into account something like a Tournament Finals Series that both players and developers can reference.
20 Dec 2015, 02:28 AM

where do i sign up?

GOOD JOB RELIC!
20 Dec 2015, 02:45 AM
Senior Caster Badge

eSports has many other brands running leagues with team play involved in other games. Not saying that they are RTS games, but Team play and eSports is a thing. Maybe they don't do team play tourneys in Star Craft, but why would you compare that game to this, other than it being a RTS. Playing in team games may not be competitive in Start Craft, but whos to say Coh2 can't be competitive in team play.

I have helped run 2v2 tourneys in Coh2, with little to no problems. In this fact, I have ran the tourney's with no prizes, and the players stayed involved and active. Running team events can be done because I have proven it.

Existant

StarCraft grew big with 5v5 games - in Korea where they had actual tv channels for that, 1v1 was not present in SC2 though, a game thats pretty much dying, there is 1v1 so some people still can leech some moneys MVGame
20 Dec 2015, 12:35 PM

i'm just disappointed and sad i see more good people getting tired of waiting and leaving coh2 to all good casters making a effort to keep coh2 "live " a big thanks to all tournaments and staff for keeping putting an effort but still i see a low effort from relic to keep the tournaments up and kicking "balance " its a huge problem since alpha coh2 so i dont no i prefer all symmetrical maps or just a better fashion design and balance
truly sad saying this game its still far from ESL ready
just my opinion a happy merry christmas to all keep the effort guys keep casting keep making tournaments keep coh2 interesting !!
A_E
20 Dec 2015, 17:11 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

How the ESL faction picking logic works, and why it isn't as bad as you first think:

Took me a while to get my head round. Still not a fan of random positions though.
20 Dec 2015, 18:08 PM
Benefactor 115

Best of one is still dreadful, "lets put more RNG in your RNG game dawg"
20 Dec 2015, 18:22 PM

Random positions are fine, they force people to think on their feet even if one side is arguably favoured to an approach. I used random positions in BT1 and one game you get the disadvantaged spot but the next you might get the good one.

We shouldn't have to make exceptions such as "Oh this map is imbalanced on uh uh side", because in the end someone has to play it and it isn't that fair to be allocated that spot because you happen to be in that spot on the bracket.
20 Dec 2015, 18:24 PM
Benefactor 115

the seeding will need to be on top form but I reckon for the first few Go4s the seeding will be random as they have no player data they can easily use.
20 Dec 2015, 18:26 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

the seeding will need to be on top form but I reckon for the first few Go4s the seeding will be random as they have no player data they can easily use.

I very much hope they will come back at you for this lol
20 Dec 2015, 18:28 PM
Benefactor 115

I very much hope they will come back at you for this lol

I have not been approached. Then again I'm not waiting however because Relic made it abundantly clear to me that they don't want me to have anything to do with their games.
20 Dec 2015, 18:51 PM
Patrion 14

why u were or are there biggest supporter, when it came to ESL ?>
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
Korea, Republic Of 16
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W