Relic new vehicle pathing sucks

Thoughts on new vehicle pathing?
Option Distribution Votes
77%
23%
Total votes: 62
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
16 Dec 2015, 17:38 PM

I HATE the new vehicle pathing, now your vehicles want to drive back wards all the time, before you could click close to them for the direction you wanted it to go reverse or fwd, and if you click quite a ways from the vehicles even behind its ass it would make it turn around and drive with its front in that direction. I liked this MUCH better now you have to hold right click and use the arrow to line them up forward first if you want to attack its annoying its takes time to do when before you knew if you click far enough away any vehicle you had selected would first turn and head to that point with the front of their tank.
16 Dec 2015, 17:48 PM
Patrion 14

Maybe shorten the distance you have to click to make it drive normal. Now the distance to click and its reversing is way too far.
16 Dec 2015, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 17:48 PMStafkeh
Maybe shorten the distance you have to click to make it drive normal. Now the distance to click and its reversing is way too far.

YES exactly
16 Dec 2015, 18:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 18:00 PMRocket

YES exactly

Is there no middle ground option here?:(
16 Dec 2015, 20:45 PM

Is there no middle ground option here?:(

Well I should of put an option like it has some positives with things that need tweaked.

Honestly though I didnt notice any difference as far as on maps and such other than you have to click way too far away to get vehicles to turn around on their own with out having to manualy force them forward. Also I feel like vehicles bunch up themselves worse now.
16 Dec 2015, 21:28 PM
Donator 33

I think there are bugs. Sometimes they turn around 180 just so they can reverse, for no reason. Fix this and it might feel better.

Or maybe this is just me?
17 Dec 2015, 00:01 AM

Don't think i've had many problem with the current pathing, and i play a lot. whenever i want/expect the vehicle to go forwards it does, and when i want it to reverse it does, although i'm still just using the reverse command most of the time.
17 Dec 2015, 03:35 AM

It might not do it as much using the actual hotkey but i usually drive with the mouse and use hotkeys for abilities and such
17 Dec 2015, 04:49 AM

I thought I was the only one who hated the new vehicle pathing. It only causes more problems without fixing any of the old ones like vehicles doing loop de loops. Before, you could just use the reverse gear key (which I still can't believe Relic hasn't changed from the terrible U key) to specify when to reverse. Now the system just tries to automate when that happens so it's easier for noobs to reverse. It doesn't actually "fix" anything.

If you were one of those players who always hit reverse when they wanted to reverse, this actually does nothing at all except make it harder to turn around.
17 Dec 2015, 16:30 PM

we don't need ass-forward right click becuase we have reverse-move button already.
17 Dec 2015, 22:24 PM
Patrion 14

Suggestion:

Instead of knee-jerk relic style reaction (irony) and removing it completely. Make the new style a gameplay control option, allowing players to choose between the different vehicle reverse control styles.

I`m sure there are plenty of non-competitive types who love the change making them feel as though they have greater control. Where-as the competitive types have been using the same hotkey for years and probably dislike tweaks to their ability to control a situation.
17 Dec 2015, 22:33 PM

Sometimes my tanks turn around for really no reason.. they turn around and revers to a point just in front of them. It happens quite often and when it happens my tank is dead.. because of rear armour and stuff.
17 Dec 2015, 22:39 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 22:24 PMTroyd
Suggestion:

Instead of knee-jerk relic style reaction (irony) and removing it completely. Make the new style a gameplay control option, allowing players to choose between the different vehicle reverse control styles.

I`m sure there are plenty of non-competitive types who love the change making them feel as though they have greater control. Where-as the competitive types have been using the same hotkey for years and probably dislike tweaks to their ability to control a situation.

+1 Good solution
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 14
unknown 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %