Login

russian armor

Ostheer Scope

14 Dec 2015, 20:22 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's fine, we don't need to nerf already underused commanders. Scopes are the only reason to get the mechanized commander, and it's not too helpful on the elefant because it always has to rotate to track vehicles. Ostheer is lacking all the scouting options that other factions have (flares, IR halftrack and valentine, t70 recon, riflevision, increased sight veterancy) let them have this.
14 Dec 2015, 20:32 PM

Deny it to the Elephant. Problem solved.
14 Dec 2015, 20:39 PM
Patrion 27

Just remove scopes from the Elefant and they're fine.
14 Dec 2015, 21:31 PM

Deny it to the Elephant. Problem solved.

Have you ever tried spotting scopes on the elephant? Trying to keep the thing still so he actually gets the sight buff is a chore in itself. He requires a lot of micro but it pays off. Elephant is also really slow and easily flanked.

On another note:
My favorite strategy for Ostheer is based around putting the scope on my half track. With double paks and double mgs supporting it, tanks and infantry cant get past you. You can spot rifles flanking you from miles away and paks can actually shoot at there max range with the LOS provided from the HT. Plus you can reinforce on the go. Ostheer imo REQUIRES their HT even tho its the worst of its kind DPS wise because they only have 4 man squads and rely most on support weapons which take 4 men to recrew without losing a squad.

The only downside to this strategy is that you are VERY vulnerable to indirect fire from mortars and artillery alike (callopies are certain death). This strategy also requires a ton of micro to keep all the flanks covered and the HT well guarded. (jaeger armor commander gives riegel AT mines for HT which is very useful to trap all tanks in the arc of fire of your paks.

This strategy works best on open areas with little to no shot blockers.
I usually go T4 with this strategy and get Pwerfer to wipe blobs and support weapons and a panther to chase down mobile artillery.

This strategy is extremely effective on moscow outskirts.

While the scopes are extremely effective in the right hands and right situation, it requires a lot of micro and is in no way OP. Easily countered by indirect fire as well.
14 Dec 2015, 23:35 PM

ISU-152 only appears in two commanders, why is self-spot removed?
Forward Observer appear only in 1 commander(Recon commander to boost) and the level is nowhere near this thing.

I don't mind if x2 sight range tone down to +10 sight to be same as other sighting commander ability.

And Indirect fire? What kind of fire can be used on elefant(if you can survive its shot)? Or Scoutcar that you can't even see it to begin with?

Sorry, but this thing have been a thorn in my eyes for too long. I have used it, I have seen my friend use it, and I have seen enemy use it, both in failure and success. And as I say, in right hand, it's simply broken.
14 Dec 2015, 23:41 PM
Patrion 14

God forbid we have actually useful abilities on the dusted vanilla faction commanders.
15 Dec 2015, 00:24 AM

Scope generally is fine but scope plus vet 2 scout car probably needs adjustment. FFS you can see all the way into the opposing base from the far side of the center VP in crossing in the woods There should at least be some kind of tell that the areas which are normally very far away from enemy eyes are being observed.
15 Dec 2015, 05:18 AM

Permanently Banned
God forbid we have actually useful abilities on the dusted vanilla faction commanders.
15 Dec 2015, 06:34 AM
Donator 22

:romeoMug:
15 Dec 2015, 06:43 AM

Still need line of sight, need to not be moving. It's fine and reasonably well balanced for cost and timing.

15 Dec 2015, 07:49 AM

Any player smart enough doesn't have the elephant as a frontline unit in the first place, most of the time the scopes on it are useless because there are units in front of it supporting providing LOS, like infantry and such. It was "OP" when it had the foward observer AND scopes...
15 Dec 2015, 07:54 AM

The sight range on vet 222s is a bit bull though.

Rest is fine.
15 Dec 2015, 09:19 AM

Ok nerf the stock T70 scope first.And nerf the brits command tank free recon plane secondly.

Ost already don't have plenty of scope abilities like other factions,so nerf the only useful ability which is doctrinal.Let them be the worst at scoping.

Playercard pls.
15 Dec 2015, 09:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 19:05 PMNapalm
Scopes allow me to play like I'm a pro player. Keep them plz.

El Presidente! We've to train some more! No scope no skill WutFace
15 Dec 2015, 09:37 AM

ISU-152 only appears in two commanders, why is self-spot removed?

A ISU-152 using "tracking" had the exact same los with Elephant using scopes without having to remain still...

If you like spotting scopes try "tracking" it is non doctrinal...
15 Dec 2015, 10:25 AM

ffs leave the scopes alone

why you do this, forum balance experts?

why?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak