Login

russian armor

Brits need overhaul next

15 Dec 2015, 15:19 PM

lol, someone mentioned bofors is a panzerwerfer with slightly less damage?

I don't think so... I'd take a panzerwerfer over a bofors anytime of day. Instant pin squad wipe? I'll take it!
15 Dec 2015, 18:26 PM

• All emplacements need to be cheaper considering they don't have infinite brace structure anymore. We're talking about reducing every emplacement by like 25% cost at least.
  • Churchill needs a major cost decrease because it can't penetrate shit by the time it arrives and it's AI is barely good. 150 FU is fine.
  • Making teching more expensive because UKF can get the first tank out before any other faction
  • Make base Howitzers more accurate, or increase AOE
  • Make AEC cheaper
  • Increase Sten gun DPS, but not to the same extent as before. Or decrease Commando cost.
  • Decrease glider cost to like 50 MP or 100 max
  • Decrease Crocodile price to 200 FU and 500 MP because its main gun is useless, only thing good about it is the flamethrower and HP. It's like a KV-8.
  • Comet needs more AI. For a 185 FU tank, it should at least have better AI.
  • Flame mortar anti-building ability is useless because it can't target HQs, so make it cheaper.
  • Give the Sexton the same stats as the buffed 25 pounders
  • Give option to destroy UKF emplacement for 50% resources
  • If the price isn't decreased, emplacements are too weak to flames. Make them a little more resistant. They got like triple nerfed with the flame changes 1-4 patches ago. They are easy to kill with flamethrowers, flamegrenades, LEIGs, mortar, or brute force. And give them more HP considering their brace structure isn't infinite.

These are good ideas, except a few. Refund on emplacements will just get you sim city. Cost ideas are debatable but could be looked at. Increasing tech cost is not doable right now. I find even in long games I still don't have all the tech upgraded because I need to invest in getting more tanks. Currently Brits have 3 side upgrades for their infantry alone.

You should add:
  • 17-pdr to 15 pop cap
  • 17-pdr to 1000 penetration
  • 17-pdr to 85 range to allow it to hit JT
  • Changes to numerous commanders to make them useful, currently too many rely on 1 or 2 abilities at most
  • Flame mortar needs to be cheaper and do damage. From my last use of it appears not to damage units but only do damage to buildings, and slowly at that. Also too situational to be of use, either rework or change considerably.
  • Command vehicle should be made higher CP, should be more expensive, should not slow down the vehicle as much and should give noticeable bonuses. As of right now the best you can do is put it on a BC and let it call in free LoS.
16 Dec 2015, 22:45 PM

All the other 3 factions
USF:foreveralone:

they now have callis
16 Dec 2015, 22:48 PM

they now have callis
So do brits. Sexton might not be good, but it still exists.
17 Dec 2015, 03:12 AM

the problem with balancing tommies is how to handle their 4 men size in the early game and 5 men size later on. Either they are going to decent late game and under-powered early on, or decent early game and overpowered later.

Tone down vet Rec Acc bonuses or something to compensate, but they need to be stronger earlier. Brits can survive with the rest of their stuff later on, but have historically been mediocre in the starting game.
17 Dec 2015, 09:28 AM

Tone down vet Rec Acc bonuses or something to compensate, but they need to be stronger earlier. Brits can survive with the rest of their stuff later on, but have historically been mediocre in the starting game.

They have gren durability now and gren firepower, but rifle cost.

Their base and vet rec acc was butchered with latest update.

You still need to pump upgrades into them or they will just be yummy vet food for axis infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★