Login

russian armor

OBK too powerful... but most the stuka!

9 Dec 2015, 22:25 PM

Oberkommando is really unbalanced

- not only the classical heavy tank thing, wich can be counter but:

- Blob of infantry with panershrecks.( no vehicle stand a chance)

+ Walking Stuka, only unit with realistic (or more) damage! can wipe out infantry platoons, up to 3, 4 or five, perhaps more, with a single shot!!! a win attack!

+ Sturm tiger less OP than Walking Stuka but same if supported by inf+shreks.

Well you say, it´s a infantry faction who also can wipe out infantry easily! but also has, Kulb and sturmpioneers to be really good early game and panthers to have the best tank ever...

Tell me how to counter it with USF, ( to a player that is not an infra-down tactician)

If it is fine, just give the Walking Stuka to be build by USF, It will be great!! also calliope, that is doctrinal doesn´t have the death power of the WStuka
9 Dec 2015, 22:32 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Walking stuka is fine. Compare it to other rocket arty, they are all good.
9 Dec 2015, 22:45 PM

The walking stuka is ok balance-wise, but the real issue right now is the ability to throw up a wall of AT before it arrives, not the Stuka itself.

Having said that Stukas should not be able to gun destroyed crits, and their health is questionable after all the recent buffs.

As a matter of better game play I would like to see them receive a standard rocket barrage (with random spread) and recover creeping barrage only with vet. This would help limit their ability to pinpoint and wipe weapon teams.
9 Dec 2015, 22:48 PM

The walking stuka is ok balance-wise, but the real issue right now is the ability to throw up a wall of AT before it arrives, not the Stuka itself.

Having said that Stukas should not be able to gun destroyed crits, and their health is questionable after all the recent buffs.

As a matter of better game play I would like to see them receive a standard rocket barrage (with random spread) and recover creeping barrage only with vet. This would help limit their ability to pinpoint and wipe weapon teams.

This could also be a buff, in a good way of course. Stuka is only useless in narrow maps and against players who don't have enough micro capacity to move their units when they hear the sound of barrage. In open maps, it's useless.
9 Dec 2015, 23:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 22:48 PMRMMLz

This could also be a buff, in a good way of course. Stuka is only useless in narrow maps and against players who don't have enough micro capacity to move their units when they hear the sound of barrage. In open maps, it's useless.

did you mean "useful"? And sadly for many other units that rely on quickness, not every map allows you to exploit maneuverability or flanking, making lighter tanks substantially less potent. In the stuka's case, a creeping barrage isn't as good on an open map. I hate how it wipes retreating units and blows up crewed weapons.
10 Dec 2015, 01:26 AM

I played a 4v4 last night as OKW with one friend to see how they performed in the larger play modes. My mate got a spotter halftrak up and with the broken pop cap I had a swarm of shrek wielding volks and 5 stukas up.

Between his spotting and my absolutely constant bombardment it was terrible and I felt dirty at the end of it. 170+ kills they had by the end and any tank rush was taken care of by the hordes of volks and 2 T0 AT.

I can't help but feel art pieces and stuka/kata/Calliope?Werfer need a significant pop cost to stop what I did from happening.
10 Dec 2015, 02:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 01:26 AMGumboot
I played a 4v4 last night as OKW with one friend to see how they performed in the larger play modes. My mate got a spotter halftrak up and with the broken pop cap I had a swarm of shrek wielding volks and 5 stukas up.

Between his spotting and my absolutely constant bombardment it was terrible and I felt dirty at the end of it. 170+ kills they had by the end and any tank rush was taken care of by the hordes of volks and 2 T0 AT.

I can't help but feel art pieces and stuka/kata/Calliope?Werfer need a significant pop cost to stop what I did from happening.

true
10 Dec 2015, 02:39 AM

sometimes I don't want the creeping barrage. Sometimes I want to pound something in a circle. This would also eliminate the snowflake status stuka gets with vet 0 creeping barrage
10 Dec 2015, 02:47 AM
10 Dec 2015, 06:51 AM

did you mean "useful"? And sadly for many other units that rely on quickness, not every map allows you to exploit maneuverability or flanking, making lighter tanks substantially less potent. In the stuka's case, a creeping barrage isn't as good on an open map. I hate how it wipes retreating units and blows up crewed weapons.

It's inconsistent. You either wipe their whole army or you do little damage. A little bit of consistency would be great, like other Rocket artillery pieces. Give it normal barrage, with flat low accuracy in all ranges. Although in this patch OKW can get a StuKa fast, previously it was not worth it IMO.
10 Dec 2015, 07:56 AM

playercard pls

100+ games as USF and almost zero as OKW most probably.
10 Dec 2015, 20:38 PM

I think the main issue with the stuka is that it negates all support weapons with greater certainty than any other artillery.
10 Dec 2015, 20:43 PM

playercard pls

Dude someone has to say it, but you're so fucking pathetic :D
ALWAYS asking for playercards.

Just answer the guys question / elaborate instead of your stupid shit about playercards.
10 Dec 2015, 20:43 PM

From a gameplay prospective Stuka is poor because of its ability to trash support weapons. The unit's role, cost, vet, and RoF are all good, but the draw a line to wipe units idea is not a great one. Players should be allowed to build up vet and the ability should come later, before creeping happens to help them have a better chance of escape.

Calling out every player for their playercard on every topic is not very helpful. If you have an immediate question about the unit you should address that not just at will attack people. You might even try saying, "Are you struggling to beat Stuka's, how have you tried?" instead.
10 Dec 2015, 20:50 PM

The only thing I hate about the unit is the default creeping barrage which lays waste to team weapons a bit too easily. Even if you hear it coming, it's a crapshoot as to whenever you move them in the right direction or straight into more rockets.
10 Dec 2015, 20:55 PM

Dude someone has to say it, but you're so fucking pathetic :D
ALWAYS asking for playercards.

Just answer the guys question / elaborate instead of your stupid shit about playercards.

sorry but i cant answer to pointless whining about a unit without taking any circmstances like mapcontrol/resources etc. into consideration nor providing any replay
10 Dec 2015, 23:06 PM

Oberkommando is really unbalanced

- not only the classical heavy tank thing, wich can be counter but:

- Blob of infantry with panershrecks.( no vehicle stand a chance)

+ Walking Stuka, only unit with realistic (or more) damage! can wipe out infantry platoons, up to 3, 4 or five, perhaps more, with a single shot!!! a win attack!

+ Sturm tiger less OP than Walking Stuka but same if supported by inf+shreks.

Well you say, it´s a infantry faction who also can wipe out infantry easily! but also has, Kulb and sturmpioneers to be really good early game and panthers to have the best tank ever...

Tell me how to counter it with USF, ( to a player that is not an infra-down tactician)

If it is fine, just give the Walking Stuka to be build by USF, It will be great!! also calliope, that is doctrinal doesn´t have the death power of the WStuka

Walking Stuka must be strong to prevent allied spam and blob. I use 2 or 3 every game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★