Login

russian armor

Steam in Compatibility mode per default caused problems.

28 Jun 2013, 02:36 AM

I just noticed my steam, and therefore the games it launched allways ran in vista86 compatibility mode, this seemed to be the default option, i never told steam or windows to do that. The usual way of deactivating it wouldnt work so i did this:

http://joshmccarty.com/2012/01/turn-off-compatibility-mode-for-steam/

afterwards i noticed a significant improvement in performance.

This could potentially be the cause of some crashes and performence issues people are expieriencing, so if youre having problems try this (allways be carefull tampering with the registry though) and post if it worked.
27 Jul 2013, 17:33 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

This is driving me mad. As far as I am aware, I have turned off compatibility mode for both Steam and CoH2, and yet I still get this message:

http://screenshooter.net/0528755/xaugiid

I can play CoH2 despite it, but not vCOH online. If anyone had a similar problem and resolved it, please let me know how. My ISP is BT (Thomson ) - but the ports seem to recognize COH2.

27 Jul 2013, 22:35 PM

if you just go to properties and uncheck compatibility mode, it will often time still be in compatibility and you have to go into the registry to actually turn it off
29 Jul 2013, 10:44 AM
Honorary Member Badge

if you can't have to go into the regsitry its actually not hard just don't go in there blind unless you know what your doing. there are guides available that make it real easy.

also there is a way to backup your comp right before you do something that could fuck it up then just revert change if it doesn't work or screws everything up. (a feature windows has i forgot what its called.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
unknown 13
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak