Login

russian armor

Miragefla's December Balance Mod Additions

PAGES (15)down
9 Dec 2015, 00:13 AM

Very good changes Miragefla... but.. what about with PAK43?.. i mean, why not pak43 has the same ability of the british emplacement? a reduce cost too? no more decrew.. why not?
9 Dec 2015, 02:05 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Added some new changes and one of them is one I really want to test in more competitive play. Essentially the anti-air patch revamp as one would call it.

Changelog

9 Dec 2015, 02:17 AM

You had me at "-Force Reload ability added." :D Was just thinking this should be added to the game yesterday.
9 Dec 2015, 02:52 AM

Added some new changes and one of them is one I really want to test in more competitive play. Essentially the anti-air patch revamp as one would call it.

Changelog

So essentially
-Buff all the allies shit.
-Nerf all the axis shit.

Force reload is stupid.
Just change to auto reload when out of combat if clip is not full.
9 Dec 2015, 02:57 AM
Patrion 27

So essentially
-Buff all the allies shit.
-Nerf all the axis shit.

Force reload is stupid.
Just change to auto reload when out of combat if clip is not full.

Yes (please explain how removing bazookas from Captain is a buff? Or reducing SU85 penetration?)
Yes (Please explain how Ostwind straight-up performance buff is a nerf? Or Pak43 survivability?)

No (you're stupid)
No (that's stupid)

----

I like these changes but... no Penals?! Is there a worldwide conspiracy against Penals or something?
9 Dec 2015, 03:01 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I like these changes but... no Penals?! Is there a worldwide conspiracy against Penals or something?

Check changelog on the front page.
9 Dec 2015, 03:05 AM
Patrion 27

Check changelog on the front page.

Nice

I feel like the Major arty buff and Pack Howitzer buffs will be too strong in this build. MAYBE give one more shell to pack howi barrage on veterancy, but 60 muni for a stronger major arty is nuts.
9 Dec 2015, 03:14 AM

Miragefla, what gamemode do you have in mind while rebalancing? 1v1? 4v4?
I've just tested both versions (0.1 and 0.125) with some friends in 3v3 and 4v4 and found it balanced for both sides. Maybe tweak a little bit penals with ppsh and flamethrower, they're potential wipe machines if found in blobs, and their satchel makes them a real threat to OKW's trucks (which is fine, but with 2 or 3 squads w/upgrade you can push freely towards them, unless an HMG is in the middle).
Haven't tried myself arty nor airstrikes yet though.

Oh, and flanking tanks and pincer tactic (with t34/76 at least) is really rewarding now.
9 Dec 2015, 03:36 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Miragefla, what gamemode do you have in mind while rebalancing? 1v1? 4v4?
I've just tested both versions (0.1 and 0.125) with some friends in 3v3 and 4v4 and found it balanced for both sides. Maybe tweak a little bit penals with ppsh and flamethrower, they're potential wipe machines if found in blobs, and their satchel makes them a real threat to OKW's trucks (which is fine, but with 2 or 3 squads w/upgrade you can push freely towards them, unless an HMG is in the middle).
Haven't tried myself arty nor airstrikes yet though.

Oh, and flanking tanks and pincer tactic (with t34/76 at least) is really rewarding now.

Focus is 1v1 and 2v2 so that all units would have a role to play and can function there. Hence why USF got some significant indirect-fire buffs as without doctrines, they have a hell of a time punching through defensive positions.

I may go a boost some Ostheer stuff to test, but I'm not sure. I dislike the fact their light armour play is so easily countered, but I'm not sure if something like the 222 should go from a scout car with anti-vehicle to a mini-light tank.
9 Dec 2015, 12:37 PM
Donator 11

Could always revert back to the old 221/222 thing, make the 221 the scout car variant upgradeable to a more dedicated light tank.
9 Dec 2015, 13:12 PM
Patrion 310

That looks nice...downloading.
10 Dec 2015, 04:30 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Hastily Constructed Changelog

10 Dec 2015, 09:53 AM

The mine change is not that good. Zero manpower punishment for running into the mine.

If its at all possible (and I doubt it is) I'd rather see mines deal something like a maximum of 80-90% squad health, i.e it only inflicts 300 damage spread across 4 models, though I dont think AoE allows that.
10 Dec 2015, 09:58 AM

Hastily Constructed Changelog

Abandon Critical

-Now causes destroyed engine and main gun critical.

Plane Crashes

Removed the damage off plane crashes to prevent RNG wipes when anti-air counters its intended target.

-Now deal 0 damage on crash.

I was about to check the mod but after reading these changes, no thanks.

Removing two CoH2 feature just because you cannot balance it? That's failed more than Relic does right now.
10 Dec 2015, 10:03 AM

-Force Reload ability added.

This means it has been possible for the whole time but Relic just didn't want to implement?!
Wtf, WTF.

Territory Points

-No longer block to help with pathfinding

OMG YES!
10 Dec 2015, 16:43 PM
Developer Relic Badge

The mine change is not that good. Zero manpower punishment for running into the mine.

If its at all possible (and I doubt it is) I'd rather see mines deal something like a maximum of 80-90% squad health, i.e it only inflicts 300 damage spread across 4 models, though I dont think AoE allows that.

I'll probably go back and test to see if adjusting the AOE will doing anything since it doesn't drop-off. Main thing I'm worried about, however is that it may or may not deal full damage to vehicles.

Currently, if one were to play without the mod, the TM-35 can consistently kill 3 Volk models in their max formation if they hit it dead center. When units start closing their formation, there's a high chance of instant wipes within 5 meters.

Edit: So from initial testing, mines with damage drop-off do impact how they work on vehicles. Will try testing some more.

I was about to check the mod but after reading these changes, no thanks.

Removing two CoH2 feature just because you cannot balance it? That's failed more than Relic does right now.

How is making it so abandoned vehicles no longer get away or fight back the moment they are recrewed removing a feature? Abandon is still there, but the player won't be able to use it in the same fight it got abandoned in or manage to limp away when the vehicle should be dead.

I also didn't know planes killing things via crashing was a feature unless one was playing CAS. You either have the planes do too much damage where they wipe things in their AOE or its so little that you might as well remove it as it could still instantly kill something that it lands right on top of which is very RNG dependent. I do not believe it is alright for planes to kill units, particularly your own, when your AA does its job of destroying incoming aircraft.
10 Dec 2015, 21:12 PM

I do like these changes well done gent. Is there some group where we can join to play against each other to test these changes?
11 Dec 2015, 02:52 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I do like these changes well done gent. Is there some group where we can join to play against each other to test these changes?

Now that you mention it, there is now one. Currently it's not open to the public, but I can open it eventually if there's enough momentum behind the mod. Also I've been thinking of a name. It's not good at all, but you can find it on the group page and the idea behind the mod. Sort of.

Message me on Steam or PM me if anyone wants in.

Here it is.
11 Dec 2015, 03:09 AM

Yay my poor 45mm ATG can be usable again, hey miragefla can you also fix the Bren Carrier and Kubel? Now only Brit lacks reliable building clearer.
11 Dec 2015, 07:09 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Yay my poor 45mm ATG can be usable again, hey miragefla can you also fix the Bren Carrier and Kubel? Now only Brit lacks reliable building clearer.

Well, the Bren costs less fuel and arrives slightly sooner. I may look at the Wasp upgrade.

On the Kubel, what's wrong with it? The capture rate or the lack of fuel cost? Because the lack of fuel cost is now sort of compensated by OKW needing to pay fuel for their healing and repairs.

On the hotfix that came out today, I may move some of OKWs vehicles prices up. But I'll need more feedback on how OKW's side cost affects their timing of armour, etc.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 35
South Africa 1
Germany 741

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %