Login

russian armor

The AEC needs a buff

PAGES (7)down
5 Dec 2015, 12:42 PM

NO. Please, we don't want another cehapass anti every thing Stuart for 240/35 fuel, lol

How about nerfing the cheapass puma to 40 range and 440 manpower? oh wait, it's axis, what am i thinking...
5 Dec 2015, 13:11 PM
Patrion 14

Use AEC vs Luchs, thats it. For the rest of the game its not really useful. Against OKW you cant say you can use it as anti infantry... After the 7th minute mark volks pretty much all have a schreck.

Versus OKW armor it can do damage, but these volks are never far away.

Vs Wehrmacht however I find it quite useful. Versus 222, but also vs a P4 it doesnt do a job too bad.

The problem isnt really the AEC but the volks and their schrecks imo. AEC could use a price reduction however.
5 Dec 2015, 13:21 PM

Hey so can anybody make a successful strat with AEC cuz currently this vehicle is a giant resource sink.
5 Dec 2015, 13:50 PM

but also vs a P4 it doesnt do a job too bad.

here's the problem

with a puma I would feel confident taking on a sherman, t34/76, or a cromwell one on one, provided it's a open area.

I can't say the same thing with the AEC. It's an inferior puma in everyway except for the scatter on its cannon. The AEC can't even take on an ostwind while the centuar is a sitting duck for the Puma.

Before someone say to flank the ostwind, the ostwind's turret have a rotational speed of 120 degree per second. That turret effectively turn instantaneously. The turret on the aec only turn 35 degree per second, the same speed as the wehr pziv.

The Puma is useful because it's an effective tank hunter as well as light vehicle hunter. Being merely a light vehicle hunter is too narrow of a role to be useful.

and the AEC shouldn't get a buff against infantry. The british have the bren carrier as an anti-infantry vehicle and the wehr doesn't need another stuart clone to deal with.
5 Dec 2015, 16:38 PM

Make the tech cost less and the unit be more useful against vehicles, with more range and maybe a pen buff.
5 Dec 2015, 16:50 PM

here's the problem

with a puma I would feel confident taking on a sherman, t34/76, or a cromwell one on one, provided it's a open area.

I can't say the same thing with the AEC. It's an inferior puma in everyway except for the scatter on its cannon. The AEC can't even take on an ostwind while the centuar is a sitting duck for the Puma.

Before someone say to flank the ostwind, the ostwind's turret have a rotational speed of 120 degree per second. That turret effectively turn instantaneously. The turret on the aec only turn 35 degree per second, the same speed as the wehr pziv.

The Puma is useful because it's an effective tank hunter as well as light vehicle hunter. Being merely a light vehicle hunter is too narrow of a role to be useful.

and the AEC shouldn't get a buff against infantry. The british have the bren carrier as an anti-infantry vehicle and the wehr doesn't need another stuart clone to deal with.

Lets keep comparing stock units to doc units. I always wanted my pios to perform just as well as commandos ;-)
5 Dec 2015, 16:57 PM

Lets keep comparing stock units to doc units. I always wanted my pios to perform just as well as commandos ;-)

Dude Puma is not a doc unit for OKW and OH version is just a clone. Doc unit does not always mean they are better like OKW Ostwind is exactly the same as OH. Pio would perform as well as commandos if they cost the same so please dial down the salt.
5 Dec 2015, 17:08 PM

Dude Puma is not a doc unit for OKW and OH version is just a clone. Doc unit does not always mean they are better like OKW Ostwind is exactly the same as OH. Pio would perform as well as commandos if they cost the same so please dial down the salt.

Then why arent pgrens as strong as commandos? Mandos can be dropped everywhere with a free reinforce bunker... they can cloak, throw nades and smoke and on retreat pop smoke as well. All my pgrens get is a 120 ammo double schreck upgrade. :-(

In case it isnt obvious, i am mimicing your aec/puma rant.

5 Dec 2015, 18:16 PM

Then why arent pgrens as strong as commandos? Mandos can be dropped everywhere with a free reinforce bunker... they can cloak, throw nades and smoke and on retreat pop smoke as well. All my pgrens get is a 120 ammo double schreck upgrade. :-(

Because they have different roles. Mandos are exclusively AI, cost a whopping 500 manpower, telegraph their landing zone to the jerries and are of course doctrinal. PGrens are more generalist, non-doctrinal and can be upgraded to use Shrecks.

AEC and Puma have the same role; light vehicle that sucks vs infantry but is good against other light vehicle. All things considered they cost the same, but the Puma performs straight up better, with more range and the ability to engage mediums while the AEC runs for its life from anything bigger than a Luchs. That was OK back when OKW had the ressource penalty, now it is not.
5 Dec 2015, 18:41 PM

Because they have different roles. Mandos are exclusively AI, cost a whopping 500 manpower, telegraph their landing zone to the jerries and are of course doctrinal. PGrens are more generalist, non-doctrinal and can be upgraded to use Shrecks.

AEC and Puma have the same role; light vehicle that sucks vs infantry but is good against other light vehicle. All things considered they cost the same, but the Puma performs straight up better, with more range and the ability to engage mediums while the AEC runs for its life from anything bigger than a Luchs. That was OK back when OKW had the ressource penalty, now it is not.

Ahhh the hypocrisy... i love it. Snipers next... explain why the brit sniper is UP :-)
nee
5 Dec 2015, 18:51 PM

I bet Relic's idea of a solution is to drop AEC and make Bofors auto T2 unlock.

Which is dumb, but hey, it's Lelic.
5 Dec 2015, 20:13 PM

Ahhh the hypocrisy... i love it. Snipers next... explain why the brit sniper is UP :-)

Your attitude doesn't really help anything, and you start calling names on top of that. Please, don't derail the thread.

Also the Brit sniper is quite good, I don't know what you are talking about here :)
5 Dec 2015, 23:03 PM

Are you actually capable of discussion, or is name calling your only skill? What about the brit sniper now?
6 Dec 2015, 00:25 AM

let's not get side track. The whole doc vs non-doc argument doesn't apply to okw puma vs brit aec anyway.
6 Dec 2015, 00:27 AM

let's not get side track. The whole doc vs non-doc argument doesn't apply to okw puma vs brit aec anyway.

so you want to buff a unit that is in a perfect spot vs. one of the factions, but not against the other(s)... there's no way this could go wrong, right?
6 Dec 2015, 00:34 AM

so you want to buff a unit that is in a perfect spot vs. one of the factions, but not against the other(s)... there's no way this could go wrong, right?

in a perfect spot vs which one of the faction? The AEC is good against maybe two units in the entire game, the 222, and maybe the luchs.

It doesn't have the AOE or the coaxial to kill infantry and lack the acceleration and range to take on medium tank.
6 Dec 2015, 00:46 AM

A perfect spot? The AEC is useful against light vehicles only because it does no damage to infantry and lacks the mobility/range to be useful against mediums like the Puma. So the Luchs, Flaktrack, Ost HT, and 222 are the only units it actually counters. Of those, only 2 are even used in the meta right now anyway. The only reason the unit is even a thing is because now Brits have no other option against the early Luchs. If it weren't for that, no one would ever build it.

6 Dec 2015, 00:47 AM

in a perfect spot vs which one of the faction? The AEC is good against maybe two units in the entire game, the 222, and maybe the luchs.

It doesn't have the AOE or the coaxial to kill infantry and lack the acceleration and range to take on medium tank.

so basically what you're saying is, you want the AEC to win a straight up 1v1 against medium tanks. alright, i want the 222 to take on an M36 in a 1v1, so pls buff :-(

btw, despite clearly not being an anti infantry vehicle, i think you underestimate the AECs capabilties against infantry (it's not a whole lot worse than a 222, i did some testing of AEC/222 AI last patch). It also is very capable of finishing off any retreating tank that is sufficiently damaged.
6 Dec 2015, 00:49 AM

The only reason the unit is even a thing is because now Brits have no other option against the early Luchs.

you mean other than the 6pdr, the sniper, AT IS, mines...
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 172
unknown 22
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %