Login

russian armor

Future OKW Tweeks - Looking for opinions

30 Nov 2015, 02:09 AM

just a few thoughts on upcoming OKW changes,

1. Kubel without suppression. - I got nothing against kettenrad reborn. A small unit that can cap and harrass flanks for free at a fast rate and which will require a little micro
to keep alive? Love that stuff. But I don't think everyone who loves using the current Kubel should lose out entirely. I say keep both, use new kubel as the standard platform upon
field entry, but make the old kubel a T0 upgrade for a token fuel/mu cost. This will let players choose and tactical expression is increased. Utility too. And kubel has many counters,
even at T0, so there's plenty allied players can do to play accordingly. #SaveOldKubels

2. ISG without suppression - This change I don't understand but by relation to the existence of Pack Howitzer. I always saw the two as same role, opposite specs, the Pack Howi for sudden
squad wipes when used constantly, barring the odd game or two where it seems to do nothing, and the the LeIG which requires a firm hand but then does the two things OKW need most, minor bleed
at safe range, static position clear and suppression against blobs. It doesn't really wipe like the Pack Howitzer and doesn't do that much damage either (compare LeIG sniping a model once in a while
to Pack howit tendency to either wipe 3/4 of a squad or damage more than 1/2 their health. Removing suppression removes a 1/3 of the LeIG's utility and makes it much less viable as a consistent
build choice. Pack Howitzer isn't really hurt. Especially since OKW is getting revamped with a loss in one of their T0 suppression platforms, why was this necessary and, if so, why not remove the
utiliy from Pack Howtizer as well? I imagine the stats for those things performing at team games is through the roof.

3. Lack of T0 Suppression Platform - Somewhat mitigated by volks buff but still a problem. Easiest would be to put MG34 in building.

4. Lack of Sniper Counter - Give JLI incindiary shot at vet 1 or vet 3 at a high cd, high munition cost. Then you can call in this unit do do anti-skirmisher reliably and at a cost which needs
work to spam (High MU Costs) so that it can't be used against normal inf without serious investment. If necessary remove inf snare.

That's about it. Other than that I'm really looking forward to playing new OKW in 1v1 and we are so close to good balance with all 5 factions in a 1v1 scenario. Eager to know what people think
and listen to some other considerations that I might've missed.
30 Nov 2015, 08:35 AM

just a few thoughts on upcoming OKW changes,

1. CAP + suppres? no

2. You need try UFS howi. Terrible cone of fire in comparsion with ISG. Howi have only good vet1, but overal is not better then ISG.

3. USF dont have T0 suppression platform. If you want MG34, then pick commander with them. If USF want heavy howi, or tank similar to panther, they must right commander pick also. If you realy need MG in T0, simply play OST, OWK require a bit of a different game.

4. New kubel is you sniper counter
30 Nov 2015, 10:34 AM

Its not in the post but obviously upgrading the kubel with the suppression would remove capping.

As to USF not having a T0 suppression platform, yes, they don't, but they have far better suppression platforms (AA HT + Fighting Pit + .50 Cal) all of which are non-doctrinal. And they have the best fighting infantry in the game.

As for new kubel as sniper counter... what seriously? Is that on the assumption hes not going to at snare me on approach?
30 Nov 2015, 11:11 AM

1) Battle group able to set up only in base sector. ( relic may keep upgrade for retreat point )

2) Remove gun on top of swerer panzer command

3) Remove elite infantry that may pop out of the building or ad"coocking" like Paras.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★