Login

russian armor

Halftrack-Type Vehicles Vet Needs Reworked

26 Nov 2015, 10:23 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 10:15 AMKatitof

It does 160 dmg on penetration, as any other tank and 80 dmg on deflection, 80 more then any other tank.
It also have pretty decent penetration, high enough to pen all med tanks reliably except ez8.

It beats by a long shot dozer sherman in AT while having better AoE for AI.
The two things people can complain about here is armor OR range and pathing.
Brummber doesn't get half the credit it deserves.

yeah, the brummbar is a entirely viable option against infantry spam and a medium tank or two. you have to be a bit careful but they're entirely capable of fighting the stock mediums with a bit of back up. doesn't do well against TDs for heavies though, which isn't surprising.
26 Nov 2015, 13:30 PM

Yeah I made a thread on this some time back too. Their vet needs a rework
26 Nov 2015, 13:40 PM

Agreed.

Since the changes to halftrack upgrades no longer reinforcing, half of the vet 2 and 3 bonuses are redundant.

Perhaps for example: Sdkfz251 flamethrower halftrack
Vet2 = increased move speed and rotation (partly current vet3 bonus)
Vet3 = increased armour and +10 health (to make it just a little more survivable in the late midgame / lategame - the extra armour should significantly reduce small arms damage)

Thoughts?

Good suggestion for Flame HT, but if I decided to keep it unupgraded for field reinforcements, I'd pick +reinforcement range over +HP and +Armor, because it is safer not to get hit at all.

If only we could know if it is possible to separate vet bonuses for these two states of unit.
26 Nov 2015, 16:31 PM
Patrion 28

Good suggestion for Flame HT, but if I decided to keep it unupgraded for field reinforcements, I'd pick +reinforcement range over +HP and +Armor, because it is safer not to get hit at all.

If only we could know if it is possible to separate vet bonuses for these two states of unit.

they don't need to. as long as the buff doesn't affect the weapon there isn't any reason to add additional vet buffs that only affect the unupgraded vehicle. without the weapon it's just a reinforcement platform that costs fuel and it'll take forever to actually vet up since it will rarely be shooting or being shot at and will not be giving or receiving much damage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★