Login

russian armor

How to finally make OKW enjoyable

23 Nov 2015, 01:26 AM

OKW imo opinion was a mess of a faction and I really like most of the changes that they implement in the Preview, howether i think they forgot some important aspects and on top of that they nearly completely removed the uniqueness of the faction and made it quite OP.

Here are my Ideas to make the faction enjoyable to play and fight while giving it a unique flavor:

The "latewar german resource starving flavour" will be kept alive in the ammunition starve and lack of caches.

Infantry changes: Shreks are given to Pios instead of Volks. Volks recive 3 new upgrades/abilities: Panzerfaust snare, an automatic weapons package, and should they have this package ( a random mix of automatic left over weapons for example: either 1 mg43, or 3 stgs44, or 2 mp40 and 2 FG42s)they get the ability to volleyfire (like rear echelons)
Volks are increased in cost to 280 and reinforcing costs 28 mp. Incendiary Grenade cost increased to 45.
These infantry changes will leave the player with an important and situational decision wether he needs anti infantry or anti vehicle power. He will need to sacrifice one for the other.
On top of that Volks are to expensive to spam and give the german army the flavor of quality over quantity.

Armor changes: The JP 4 is put back to the medic truck. Its cost is increased to 150 fuel(sounds much but otherwise it would arrive too early with the normal fuel income). It gets 2 cheap and also weak anti infantry upgrades: Weak frontal Mg ( not a topmounted one, but the one that most tanks have in the front) for 20 ammo, and an option to switch to he rounds ( 3 shells for 20 ammo) for a short ammount of time. With vet 1 it gets focus sight like an su85, with vet 2 it gets the ability to setup camouflage( not the stupid and hillarious current one of vet1) that takes 10 seks to setup and is destroyed as soon as it starts moving again (breaking free from the camou takes sth like 3 seks).
This gives the JP4 reasons to exist (nobody will build it at the same tier of the panther) and makes it an unique and cool unit with high skill cap.
This gives the JP4 a reason to exist as an earlier anit tank weapon, that can become a true beast overtime, and has at least the option to kill a few inf models here and there.

Tech changes: Teching is linear, you need to build the Repair truck before you can build the FlakTruck Tier.This is need becauser otherwise p4s and panthers arrive too early. The Repair Truck recives an ability that transfers manpower for ammunition.
Medics, Engineers and Flak Gun of the Trucks are upgrades that need to be researched.

These Changes would nerf OKW to a reasonable ammount, increase the amount of needed intelligence to use this faction, and give it a nice elite flavour with lots of desicions to be made. The most important aspect for me is that the shrek blobs are removed and also not necessary anymore because of very good own armor options in reasonable timing and quantity.
23 Nov 2015, 01:38 AM

okw should be removed. made it from a scratch
23 Nov 2015, 07:17 AM

OKW is getting changed in the new patch, so there it is.

Also btw are you the Apeoftheyear from youtube that often posts Il 2 BOS and CLOD videos? In that case I like them a lot, they teach.
23 Nov 2015, 07:39 AM

Volks recive 3 new upgrades/abilities: Panzerfaust snare, an automatic weapons package, and should they have this package ( a random mix of automatic left over weapons for example: either 1 mg43, or 3 stgs44, or 2 mp40 and 2 FG42s)they get the ability to volleyfire (like rear echelons)
Volks are increased in cost to 280 and reinforcing costs 28 mp. Incendiary Grenade cost increased to 45.

:huhsign: Volks was worse infantry, what germas have. Old men, kids, infliction and mainly without training. Simply soldiers unable to fight in regular fight. Worse then conscripts, who were at least young and strong. And you want you make them ubersoldaten.
23 Nov 2015, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 07:39 AMAradan

:huhsign: Volks was worse infantry, what germas have. Old men, kids, infliction and mainly without training. Simply soldiers unable to fight in regular fight. Worse then conscripts, who were at least young and strong. And you want you make them ubersoldaten.

You haven't played preview yet, did you?

They pretty much are ones there.
Better durability then grens, better DPS, they beat effortlelessly more expensive squads and have huge variety with up to 3 types of nades and spammable shrecks.

If volks had ANY weapon upgrade, they would be hands down best infantry in game on preview.
23 Nov 2015, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 08:56 AMKatitof

You haven't played preview yet, did you?

They pretty much are ones there.
Better durability then grens, better DPS, they beat effortlelessly more expensive squads and have huge variety with up to 3 types of nades and spammable shrecks.

If volks had ANY weapon upgrade, they would be hands down best infantry in game on preview.

I like play both sides in A-team, but in randoms I only play OKW (for relax, axis is easy as shit in large games). If Relic bost Volks, then I relax more, but I like 50:50 in searching game now. We back to 90:10 for axis ? :(

23 Nov 2015, 18:42 PM

Yes I am the clod guy, and Aradan you might be right that the volksgrenadiers where mostly untrained soldiers, but they were equiped with all kinds of automatic weapons, and i am pretty sure that they werent in high numbers. So if you start argueing with history it doesnt make sense either that they are the number two spammer unit in the game next to conscripts. I just want them to not have the shreks anymore and instead be a kind of normal bread and butter unit, thats fun to use instead of a unit thats ment for blobbing, so dont forget that in my idea they get nerfed pretty hard by the aditional cost, especially the reinforce cost.
23 Nov 2015, 18:46 PM

Whats with all the "take schrecks away from Volks" ideas? Look, I understand you wanna faceroll 4 squads of bunched up infantry with 1 Sherman, but there's better ways of doing it. Welcome to Company of Indirect Fire 2.
23 Nov 2015, 18:58 PM

Whats with all the "take schrecks away from Volks" ideas? Look, I understand you wanna faceroll 4 squads of bunched up infantry with 1 Sherman, but there's better ways of doing it. Welcome to Company of Indirect Fire 2.

People wanna take schrecks away from volks because at the moment OKW infantry choices are totally brainless, make volks, make a lot of them, upgrade them with schreks.

You never have to fear a light vehicle rush, late game, you always have something to blunt the power of allied medium armour.

They are just all-round a fantastic upgrade to have on a squad.

The trade off for this is that volks are not very effective as a mainline anti infantry squad, which i think a lot of people see as a problem with the faction as it struggles early game vs massed allied infantry. (why the leig and flamegrenads being OP made the faction so strong imo)

So people call for buffs for volks anti inf capabilities. However if you keep schrecks as they are you create a unit that has fantastic antitank capabilities that is cheap and easily accessed from the very early game (for handheld antitank) and can fight the allied infantry toe to toe.

This is clearly broken and will just result in volk blop spamming which i dont think anyone wants (totally brainless, 0 decision making, but very effective)

SO if you think volks need a buff to their anti infantry capabilities, which it seems a lot of people do, you must remove schrecks from them.

Hence, put schrecks on pios idea.
23 Nov 2015, 19:02 PM

I think some people are mixing up Volksgrenadiere with Volkssturm. Volksgrenadier divisions quite often included men from the Kriegsmarine (navy) and some Luftwaffe personnel that were not needed. They were also fairly well armed, so probably not any worse than your average American fresh recruit.

Volkssturm on the other hand were the old men and children who you are talking about, mobilised largely during the battle of Berlin and generally in the defence of actual Germany.

Giving Volksgrenadiere more auto weapons as an upgrade would therefore be less a historical than having them run around equipped with Panzerschrecks. Just saying. They probably were much more competent than they are portrayed in game (at least pre patch)

23 Nov 2015, 19:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 18:58 PMKleft

People wanna take schrecks away from volks because at the moment OKW infantry choices are totally brainless, make volks, make a lot of them, upgrade them with schreks.

You never have to fear a light vehicle rush, late game, you always have something to blunt the power of allied medium armour.

where is the difference? riflemen upgrades are a nobrainer too with bar or lmg if doc allows it and allys are not in fear of light vehicle rush ( there are no shock light vehicles, except you are afraid of a 222..)
23 Nov 2015, 23:10 PM

I think some people are mixing up Volksgrenadiere with Volkssturm. Volksgrenadier divisions quite often included men from the Kriegsmarine (navy) and some Luftwaffe personnel that were not needed. They were also fairly well armed, so probably not any worse than your average American fresh recruit.

Volkssturm on the other hand were the old men and children who you are talking about, mobilised largely during the battle of Berlin and generally in the defence of actual Germany.

Giving Volksgrenadiere more auto weapons as an upgrade would therefore be less a historical than having them run around equipped with Panzerschrecks. Just saying. They probably were much more competent than they are portrayed in game (at least pre patch)

Thank you for saying this. About time someone corrected it.

where is the difference? riflemen upgrades are a nobrainer too with bar or lmg if doc allows it and allys are not in fear of light vehicle rush ( there are no shock light vehicles, except you are afraid of a 222..)

This is also true. Volks are cheaper than rifles, but rifles have more staying power. The other issue here is ppl will always go with what is effective. So players want shrecks gone to force okw to use other AT options, problem is other at options suck in the meta. of course if you use them in conjunction with mines results are much different, but still nothing to write home about.
24 Nov 2015, 07:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 07:39 AMAradan

You're talking about volkssturm.

Google Volksgrenadier.

You constantly confuse the two.

24 Nov 2015, 07:53 AM

"latewar german resource starving flavour" will be kept alive in the ammunition starve and lack of caches.

AND

the german army the flavor of quality over quantity.

Are sorely lacking. Needs to be rectified.

I disagree with proposed changes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS