Soviet Industry Commander
Option Distribution Votes
3%
31%
66%
Total votes: 29
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
21 Nov 2015, 06:20 AM

The new patch notes wants to remove the Soviet Industry Ability from the Soviet Industry Commander and replace it with Allied Supply drop. How does this make any sense for a soviet industry based commander? It's a commander based on soviet industry mass producing tanks, but instead of mass producing tanks the allies dropped them some fuel, this is so out of place. This commander might as well be renamed "Soviet armor and Allied supplies".

Instead of this allied supply drop they should modify the Soviet Industry Ability. Maybe the ability gives less fuel and takes away less manpower, or they can just straight up remove the more fuel/less manpower and make the ability just mass produce tanks.
21 Nov 2015, 06:24 AM

Download the preview on Steam workshop and give it a try.
21 Nov 2015, 06:30 AM

Something gotta be done here. A rework would be nice, and it could also make $$$$ for Relic.

MP tp Fuel ability might work, although it will be OP if you don't bleed mid and late game. Supply drop isn't bad either. An ability like vCoH allied war machine would also be good, replace every lost medium with a t37/76 and every heavy armor with two of them (Would also have a psudo-historic value).

KV-2 also needs a specific role, the current buff is not enough, I would suggest to turn it into something like Stiger or AVRE, one big long range shell. Or change it to an artillery piece.

21 Nov 2015, 06:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2015, 06:30 AMRMMLz
Something gotta be done here. A rework would be nice, and it could also make $$$$ for Relic.

MP tp Fuel ability might work, although it will be OP if you don't bleed mid and late game. Supply drop isn't bad either. An ability like vCoH allied war machine would also be good, replace every lost medium with a t37/76 and every heavy armor with two of them (Would also have a psudo-historic value).

KV-2 also needs a specific role, the current buff is not enough, I would suggest to turn it into something like Stiger or AVRE, one big long range shell. Or change it to an artillery piece.

The vCoH allies war machine ability might work well. You activate it and for every tank you lose in that minute time or so you get 50% of the fuel back or replaced with a t34.

I also agree about the Kv2, its in a weird spot atm. I think it needs to turn into a long ranged assault gun, similar to the isu in a way. It could also use some more pen as it struggles against panthers and up.
21 Nov 2015, 07:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2015, 06:24 AMKilleon
Download the preview on Steam workshop and give it a try.

I tried and I did not like it. What we have:
- 3 CP, repair;
- 4 CP, supply drop which is easy to knock down;
- 7 CP repair. Another one;
- 9 CP KV-8;
-14 CP KV-2.
As a result: 2 repair, 2 call in for late game, 1 supply wath MAY give you fuel gain. Or just shot down.

Phy
21 Nov 2015, 08:52 AM

I can not say what's better, only what it can not be. And it's the current state (or either older one).

-KV2 needs to be buffed (it underperforms imo)
-Vehicle repair at 7cp has to be changed to another thing (repair station is enough for repairs)
-Supply drop has to be changed to another thing (right now it's useless and the ability should not be able to be transfered to other players. Furthermore makes the commander heavy muni starved, exactly the opposite at it used to be lol)

A lot of threads have been written in order to adress this problem. All of them had plenty of good ideas. Relic could simply read them and implement the ones which fit better to their game's vision. But how is in the prepatch, is crap.
21 Nov 2015, 09:24 AM
Patrion 27

I like the idea of the supply drop. Having repair stations without having to use the god-awful Industry ability will be sweet, especially in a team game with a Pershing user.
21 Nov 2015, 09:50 AM

I think removing it will revive the commander a bit, now it can be used a lot more normally with standard infantry play.

The plane drops are intended so there is counter play, I.E. opponent can get AA and shoot them down.

Would be nice if the commander at least retained the fast training of vehicles, as that gives it some flavor, without being too OP.

Could have an ability which grants some fuel back for lost tanks?

I dont think KV2 is all THAT bad, its basically a mobile arty piece, needs to be used locked down and protected with an army around it. But it is a lot more resilient AND mobile than any other arty piece in the game...
21 Nov 2015, 10:01 AM

The plane drops are intended so there is counter play, I.E. opponent can get AA and shoot them down.

And what's the conter play agasint luftwaffe drops? :foreveralone:

Only one thing I would chnage is crew repair ability. I see no reason to have 2, ammo based, repairs ability. Replace it with something like armor detection or anything else fitting industry.
21 Nov 2015, 13:17 PM

Change which direction the planes comes form and it will be fine, otherwise I like the changes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight