Login

russian armor

PanzerFaust and T1 building

20 Nov 2015, 14:48 PM

Currently the Ostheer Panzer requires for the presence of the T1 building, thus is one of the few abilities that can become unavailable if the T1 building is destroyed.

I would suggest that the prerequest for grenadier Faust becomes built T1 (not have) and/or research T2. That would allow abit more flexibility.

Osttruppen Faust prerequest can become built t1 and/or research t2/built 2(if research t2 is too early) and/or research t3.

Osttruppen reserves can have Faust as default as they are CP4 and more expensive.

Lastly Grenadier have lost their vet 2 bonus of extra rifle grenade range making one of the few infantries that get only 1 bonus at vet 2, so I would suggest that the gain a range bonus in faust at vet 2.

20 Nov 2015, 22:19 PM

Try getting tripwire flares as a vet reward......
23 Nov 2015, 07:42 AM

Think you are confusing vet abilities and bonuses.

Although it is out of topic I also have to point out that medic kids are far better than tripwire flares.

I actually have used tripwire allot more than medic kits...
23 Nov 2015, 08:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 14:48 PMMyself
Currently the Ostheer Panzer requires for the presence of the T1 building, thus is one of the few abilities that can become unavailable if the T1 building is destroyed.

I would suggest that the prerequest for Faust becomes built T1 (not have) and research T2. That would allow abit more flexibility.

Lastly Grenadier have lost their vet 2 bonus of extra rifle grenade range making one of the few infantries that get only 1 bonus at vet 2, so I would suggest that the gain a range bonus in faust at vet 2.

And so you can spam your Ostuppen without fear of early light vehicle. Which is the real purpose of your thread.

Guess the answer is no.
23 Nov 2015, 08:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 08:00 AMEsxile

And so you can spam your Ostuppen without fear of early light vehicle. Which is the real purpose of your thread.

Guess the answer is no.

You miss read his post. He suggested needing to have built T1 and researched battle phase 2. So skipping to T2 would still not have access to fausts.

Similar to how OKW can build a KT even if one of their trucks has been destroyed.

He just doesnt want to lose faust if T1 goes down.
23 Nov 2015, 08:50 AM

You miss read his post. He suggested needing to have built T1 and researched battle phase 2. So skipping to T2 would still not have access to fausts.

Similar to how OKW can build a KT even if one of their trucks has been destroyed.

He just doesnt want to lose faust if T1 goes down.

How does needing T1 + BP2 gives more flexibility to Ostheer?
But you are maybe right, I may have missread. the OP should make it more clear.

Still my answer is no, Faust T1 is on the good spot. You want them, build T1, you want to skip T1, you lose them.
23 Nov 2015, 08:53 AM

How is that an issue?

Is OP building his T1 on the middle VP and losing it often?

When opponents are wrecking your base to the point they can destroy your buildings, you've lose, you've lost long before it, so where is the issue?
23 Nov 2015, 10:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 08:53 AMKatitof
How is that an issue?

If it is not an issue all factions should be able lose "tech abilities" when loosing buildings.

P faust's connection with the existence of building is anomaly that server no purpose and should brought inline with the other "tech abilities".

(Actually my advice to you would be to avoid posting threads when the only purpose of them is to try to make fun of others.)

(clarified issues in the op as I was referring to grenadier'ss faust added solution for osttuppen)
23 Nov 2015, 10:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 08:53 AMKatitof
How is that an issue?

Is OP building his T1 on the middle VP and losing it often?

When opponents are wrecking your base to the point they can destroy your buildings, you've lose, you've lost long before it, so where is the issue?

Yea came here to say this. If you've lost your T1, a faust or two are not gonna win you the game.
23 Nov 2015, 10:55 AM

I would suggest that the prerequest for grenadier Faust becomes built T1 (not have) or research T2. That would allow abit more flexibility.

I'm not opposed to the idea, but it doesn't really feel like a problem tbh. As someone said, if you're starting to lose your base structures, you've already been screwed for a while. But for the 1/100 case with a sweet comeback I could really see it getting annoying if pzfaust disappreared because I lost a building, so why not.

I don't agree, sounds horrible for medium tank play and it already feels too common seeing TD's compared to medium tanks (stug/su76/jpIV vs pIV/t34).
23 Nov 2015, 15:46 PM

You mean if people don't have a T1 building, then their ostrruppen won't have a faust to use? TBH I have never known this...
24 Nov 2015, 07:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 22:19 PMGrim
Try getting tripwire flares as a vet reward......

Unrelated.
24 Nov 2015, 08:30 AM

(vet bonus range for P.F)
I don't agree, sounds horrible for medium tank play and it already feels too common seeing TD's compared to medium tanks (stug/su76/jpIV vs pIV/t34).

All at snares have been seriously nerf when the lost the guaranteed engine damage. I don't really think that some extra range would actually cause an issue. Most allied vehicles have enough AI to cause causalities to a 4 man grenadier squad trying to faust and grenadier are quite expensive to reinforce for a basic infatry...

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 15:46 PMatouba

You mean if people don't have a T1 building, then their ostrruppen won't have a faust to use? TBH I have never known this...

If your T1 is destroyed (can be destroyed from artillery without anyone going into your base) or if you call in gren without T1, they gren will not have access to faust either...

24 Nov 2015, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 08:30 AMMyself

All at snares have been seriously nerf when the lost the guaranteed engine damage. I don't really think that some extra range would actually cause an issue. Most allied vehicles have enough AI to cause causalities to a 4 man grenadier squad trying to faust and grenadier are quite expensive to reinforce for a basic infatry...

If your T1 is destroyed (can be destroyed from artillery without anyone going into your base) or if you call in gren without T1, they gren will not have access to faust either...

So I was right, you want faust whenever you build T1 or not. You want Ostruppen spam + faust with your BP1...
24 Nov 2015, 11:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 08:30 AMMyself

Well, the nerf made the snare abilities go from a no brainer use to require at least a minimum amount of effort.

The issue a range increase could cause is demoting aggressive medium tank play, easier protection from flanking TD/HTD/defensive positions etc. Balance wise it might not be a real issue, as, as you say, you usually bleed some mp when trying to snare (which should be the case). But then I don't see a reason to change it other than if you wan't to promote defensive play at the cost of offensive.

I don't have a suggestion of what to give them instead at vet 2 atm tho.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 08:47 AMEsxile

So I was right, you want faust whenever you build T1 or not. You want Ostruppen spam + faust with your BP1...

No he don't?

Osttruppen Faust prerequest can become built t1 and/or research t2/built 2(if research t2 is too early) and/or research t3.

24 Nov 2015, 11:48 AM

No he don't?

Or Build T1 or research T2. It sounds to me you don't need T1 anymore to get faust.
24 Nov 2015, 14:40 PM
Patrion 28

i don't like faust being tied to t1 because i can't skip the t1 building if i go osttruppen spam.

i'm not sure what, if anything, fausts should be tied to though since with grens it doesn't make a difference and it's not a significant slowdown to teching with osttruppen.
24 Nov 2015, 14:45 PM

i don't like faust being tied to t1 because i can't skip the t1 building if i go osttruppen spam.

i'm not sure what, if anything, fausts should be tied to though since with grens it doesn't make a difference and it's not a significant slowdown to teching with osttruppen.

You want utility, then pay for that the proper price.

Partisans do not get free AT nades and molos just because they are doctrinal and neither should osttruppen.

You still can delay building T1 if you choose to, but if you want fausts, then go and build it.
24 Nov 2015, 15:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 08:47 AMEsxile

(Damm my plan to have Osttruppen secretly buffed and conquer the world was discovered...)

On a serious side now. The post is mostly for grenadier and grenadier's faust is separate issue from Ostt.'s faust.

If you want to know my opinion for Ostt. here it is:

"Ostt. reserves" should have faust even if the T1 is not built
Ostt. from "relief infatry" should have faust even if the T1 is not built
Ostt. call in should have access to faust even without a T1 built if it is delayed enough, if the overpeform in anyway their performance should be looked at and not their faust ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★