Login

russian armor

Panther just too powerfull and no good counter

20 Nov 2015, 04:30 AM

Mines, AT snares, and anti-tank guns. I remember one time I had used the M20 mine and it immobilized the tank. To the OKW or Ostheer player, that is a resource at risk. So if you manage to cripple the Panther in that sort of manner it would be a loss of manpower and fuel into that unit. It also allows the chance to take out other units who are trying to ensure they keep the panther alive with their lives. Plus, mistakes tend to happen when in panick mode.
Hat
20 Nov 2015, 05:17 AM

panther has the lowest dps of any tank destroyer. doenst su85 outranges panther too?

but let me guess, you play 3v3 or 4v4?

Panther is a mobile tank with excellent anti-infantry and anti-tank. Its not a tank destroyer.
Hat
20 Nov 2015, 05:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 16:10 PMUGBEAR
T-34/85 non-doc, totally agree with this

It should be the tier 4. 76 should be the tier 3.
20 Nov 2015, 05:53 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 05:17 AMHat

Panther is a mobile tank with excellent anti-infantry and anti-tank. Its not a tank destroyer.

Panther is a tank hunter where it uses it armour and speed to run/wear down other tanks, that's its intended role. People don't buy Panthers for being a generalist and it's AI is hardly excellent unless the squad's in the open and being sprayed by all 3 MGs while the Panther is stationary.

Yes, it's got MGs to fight off infantry, but the vehicle still comes at a premium and one of its actual weakness is its vulnerability against multiple mediums or targets with a high health pool due to its poor DPS. Furthermore, if it misses, you'll really notice it unlike most tanks due to that long reload and average damage. Only thing that has less DPS is probably the Firefly which is a unit that I think needs changes in a thread of its own.

Here's how I rate the Panther:

AI: Medicore
AT: Mediocre-Poor
Health: Above Average
Speed: Excellent
Armour: Excellent

20 Nov 2015, 06:29 AM
Donator 11

I like to use the Panther because of its speed. It is a very good tank if a player succeed in micromanaging it, that is attack with multiple Panthers and move forward or retreat, which is also called individual skill. One single Panther has no chance against 2 or more AT-guns, bazookas, or medium tanks. And it is too easy to destroy the Panther, and I find that historically incorrect.

I also agree that T-34/76 belongs to tier 3. Several T-34/76 (or T-34/85) counters the Panther.
20 Nov 2015, 10:28 AM

20 Nov 2015, 10:58 AM

I wouldn't call its AI "excellent", but out of all TDs, its MGs(especially OKW one) are quite powerful and in comparison to other TDs, its AI actually exists to the point where you're not left with metal can occupying your base when there is no longer armor present.
21 Nov 2015, 01:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 14:21 PMKranox
I was just thinking that panther is just too powerfull especially since we can just build 1 havy tank, so soviet can just have one tank that can beat panther but panther can be spammed. So it is just very hard to win. Ik we can build su 85 but they are too flnkable even with 34 and conscript they always die when the enemy decide to push. That is why i go industrie because oteherwise su 85 cost a lots and die for nothing.

And t 34 76 just cant help vs panther, there ram just destroy the engine and for that we have at nades.

I would like to see t34 85 non doctrinal because it is the only medium tank effective vs gern late game armour.

So what do you think about the panther cost 200 fuel and make the t34 85 non doctrinl

Thanks

Same feeling bro
Panters are op in mid rank game
Panter>m26 panter >commet panger > e8
First 2 tanks are higer cost then the panter ....
Its sad how op germans and ppl still cry
21 Nov 2015, 01:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 10:58 AMKatitof

I wouldn't call its AI "excellent", but out of all TDs, its MGs(especially OKW one) are quite powerful and in comparison to other TDs, its AI actually exists to the point where you're not left with metal can occupying your base when there is no longer armor present.

For the muni cost I'd expect the mg to do some work.

Also; M10 is better (even in AI) :megusta:
21 Nov 2015, 01:42 AM

For the muni cost I'd expect the mg to do some work.

Also; M10 is better (even in AI) :megusta:

did u mean better in AI as in crush them infantry? :hansGASM:
21 Nov 2015, 01:47 AM

did u mean better in AI as in crush them infantry? :hansGASM:

Yup :romeoBANG:
21 Nov 2015, 03:57 AM

Red Army tanks is correct - the doctrine. T-70 is strong, but not urgent. You need to replace the T-70 on 3 t34-76 level of technology. t34-76 reduce effective damage. At the technological level 4 put heavy tank KV-1. For heavy tank KV-1 to make modifications on the purchased additional armor. Additionally, tehnolgicheskom level 4 place improvement t34-85. With its purchase t34-85 can be called from the Main Staff.

Akutualnost: the Red Army received a powerful heavy and medium tanks for large investment of resources. The choice is there, but it does not close the possibility.
24 Nov 2015, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 14:21 PMKranox
I was just thinking that panther is just too powerfull especially since we can just build 1 havy tank, so soviet can just have one tank that can beat panther but panther can be spammed. So it is just very hard to win. Ik we can build su 85 but they are too flnkable even with 34 and conscript they always die when the enemy decide to push. That is why i go industrie because oteherwise su 85 cost a lots and die for nothing.

And t 34 76 just cant help vs panther, there ram just destroy the engine and for that we have at nades.

I would like to see t34 85 non doctrinal because it is the only medium tank effective vs gern late game armour.

So what do you think about the panther cost 200 fuel and make the t34 85 non doctrinl

Thanks

Hahahahahahaha.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight