Login

russian armor

UKF will be hopeless with the new patch

PAGES (7)down
19 Nov 2015, 12:40 PM

Yes, brits were clearly OP on several fronts!

Ive easily reached rank 200 brits without playing much with them, which is higher than most of my other armys which I know a lot better.

Thing is, I dont even use most of the things which got nerfed. I dont use Churchills or Anvil... heavy engies are absolutley BAT SHIT OP.

How could armor 2 five man squads with 3 LMGs and low reinforce ever be remotely balanced.. LOL.

I still think brits will be awesome, because I dont use a lot of these nerfed units. Only concern is that IS aint over nerfed.
19 Nov 2015, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 12:04 PMpugzii

What are you talking about, you can see from your playercard you barely play Allies. It's about bringing it in line and also not butchering the faction, because all that means is down the line it will get more buffs and be OP again. You know Relic. Now's the time to test the mod and not be a biased idiot.

I have said I play as SU/UKF when we play arranged team games. Check out my AT 4v4 and 3v3 playercard. BTW our highest rank of Allies AT 4v4 is 15 but it's hiden now. Because we haven't played as Allies since the brits released, it takes too long to have an automatch when Allies:Axis=75%:25%.

The Churchill stats are not changed at all on this mod. Just 30 more fuel required. If you know how much fuel the KV1 costs and how much HP the KV1 has, you will agree with the Churchill cost increasing. It still performs well and don't have a number limit like all other heavy armors. So why whine like the end of the world?? :megusta:
19 Nov 2015, 12:58 PM

Static emplacement doesn't fit coh. Trying to build a mortar or bofor anywhere near the enemy front is going to get the emplacement focused down pretty quickly. Wasp are fragile while the croc is DLC.

what is every britbong player expecting from emplacements?

its meant to be a defensive tool and should be used like one. you cant just push the enemy of the map, build a offensive emplacements and its #GG.
on my shitty ~500 2v2 AT rank i can tell you a well placed defensive mortar can shut down alot of aggressive play into their territory.

(take the "woods crossing" or however it is called in english, place mortar infront of your base when you start north and the enemy wont be able to push your munitions and will have a hard time to cap the vp on west. and guess what? axis wont be able to do anything against that emplacement because its far behind their frontline and directly infront of their base. you cant counter it with arty (brace) too.
19 Nov 2015, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 12:42 PMatouba
The Churchill stats are not changed at all on this mod. Just 30 more fuel required. If you know how much fuel the KV1 costs and how much HP the KV1 has, you will agree with the Churchill cost increasing. It still performs well and don't have a number limit like all other heavy armors. So why whine like the end of the world?? :megusta:

Given that the KV1 is widely regarded as one of the worst units in the game, I don't think you're convincing anyone. The Churchill is also not a heavy. It is a medium. The main gun on the Churchill doesn't come remotely close to being comparable with heavies.
19 Nov 2015, 14:14 PM

All in all, what did I tell you guys? Don't buy brits, they will be OP at the beginning in order for people to buy them hard and especialy the ones who wanted "vengeance" on the "OP" Axis factions. Then, they will nerf them in three months mark and bring them in line with the oder factions if not worse. It's all a selling strategy. Open your eyes FFs.
19 Nov 2015, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 12:04 PMKatitof

It had 1600 and 280 in alpha as well as this price tag, NO ONE EVER got it over the comet, because it was useless and cost ineffective.

I really don't see how hp and armor nerfed churchill at this price is going to be used by anyone sane.

Churchill is way too slow to begin with. Not even an idiot will pick churchill over comet when you can simply call in a flame projecting churchill next to your trusty commet.
19 Nov 2015, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 14:05 PMCrysack

Given that the KV1 is widely regarded as one of the worst units in the game, I don't think you're convincing anyone. The Churchill is also not a heavy. It is a medium. The main gun on the Churchill doesn't come remotely close to being comparable with heavies.

Seriously?

The Churchill crews have a clear speech of "heavy armor".It has 1400 HP which is 120 more than a KingTiger and can eat 9 shots from pak40 or 5 shots from elefant. Sorry but it's not a medium.
19 Nov 2015, 14:32 PM

Also about the churchill:

At the moment it's too cost effective when compared to the OKW P4. Cost increase was therefore necessary, but right now its priced too high.

Instead of 540mp / 180 fuel it should be 470 / 170 fuel. You need to keep in mind that at 180 fuel it will be a vet pinata for your enemies.
19 Nov 2015, 22:03 PM

what is every britbong player expecting from emplacements?

its meant to be a defensive tool and should be used like one. you cant just push the enemy of the map, build a offensive emplacements and its #GG.
on my shitty ~500 2v2 AT rank i can tell you a well placed defensive mortar can shut down alot of aggressive play into their territory.

(take the "woods crossing" or however it is called in english, place mortar infront of your base when you start north and the enemy wont be able to push your munitions and will have a hard time to cap the vp on west. and guess what? axis wont be able to do anything against that emplacement because its far behind their frontline and directly infront of their base. you cant counter it with arty (brace) too.

Brits still have no indirect fire or building clearanc
Mortar pit, Bofors indirect fire ability, wasp, croc

it's not what we expect from emplacement, it's what we expect from artillery. It's a fact that the british's main "artillery" are either the mortar emplacement, the bofor ability, or the tommies artillery.

One of the biggest responsibility of artillery is to shell enemy position. Putting the british' artillery on emplacement force the british into a defensive posture with little chance of attack.

it's irresponsible to say that the british's main indirect fire are tied to emplacement and then tell us not to use those indirect emplacement offensively. Either the british need a non-doc mobile artillery or the mortar emplacement and tommies artillery need some drastic change.
19 Nov 2015, 22:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 14:14 PMJohnnyB
All in all, what did I tell you guys? Don't buy brits, they will be OP at the beginning in order for people to buy them hard and especialy the ones who wanted "vengeance" on the "OP" Axis factions. Then, they will nerf them in three months mark and bring them in line with the oder factions if not worse. It's all a selling strategy. Open your eyes FFs.

Absolutely this. Some people call it 'Flavour of the month'. Like OKW also was. And things like Windustry, CAS etc.

Relic balancing always goes from OP, to weak, to OP to completely useless.
19 Nov 2015, 22:32 PM

Brits did need nerfs. I suspect that some of these are going to get toned down--IS nerf seems possibly excessive and I think Luchs rush will be too strong, but we'll see.
19 Nov 2015, 22:43 PM

On the other hand, for the first time in a while OKW will actually be able to beat Brits :crazy:
19 Nov 2015, 22:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 02:19 AMRollo
Lol rip Anvil, pointless nerfs for zero reason
Well considering it has that awesome arty barrage as well as the Churchill and heavy engineer upgrade which is god luck when used right

70 muni to make your engineers slow as fuck

2 armor making them the same as shocks and kick ass LMGs...while still having 2 weapon slots

IS nerfs so now brits have zero effective infantry (280mp tommies getting eaten by Ostruppen and volks)
Well IS got a damage per shot reduction but a ROF increase, also imo they outperform volks and grens easily..

Churchill now costs pretty much the same as a tiger
640 Manpower, 230 fuel for a tiger, Churchill 540/180, 50 fuel difference 60 manpower, so I wouldn't call them the same, also consider you can have more then 1 Churchill on the field at once,

6 pounder the same price as a pak but with worse vet

6 pounder has better ROF I believe and has increased accuracy against vehicles, don't forgot the Zis has the same price so your point?

Base howitzers still a joke

Against OKW and turtled opponents not really.

Brits still have no AT snare '
AT squad, and this is faction designed for early game.

Boys AT rifle nerf
Brought inline with PTRS

No buff to the PIAT
Not needed

IS still drop brens like pinatas
Same percentage as every other weapon in game, just more weapons on a squad higher chance to drop.

Commandos still cost 500mp
350 actually

Emplacements still suck
Actually still pretty beastly, just need to position them right

Brits still have no indirect fire or building clearanc
Mortar pit, Bofors indirect fire ability, wasp, croc

Literally RIP in peace brits, UKF will become the budlight of CoH factions
Learn to play

You must be drunk or have never played brits. Piat is worthless against anything other than super heavies leaving no early/mid game at other than 6 pounder. Wasp was already OVER nerfed as well as the centuar. Mortar pit still hard to protect and bofors over nerfed as well dosen't really scare infantry too much and shrekvolks laugh at centaur and it now.

Base arty is terrible it will never take out an okw truck in one blow, has a long timer and obvious red flare, you must be brain dead not to just move your units away.

Pretty sure obers weapon drop rate is extremely low.

Boys AT rifle should not be in line with PTRS it fills a different role classic a-symetric balance. Brits need it to be better to give them viable early AT.

No reason to nerf IS they have to be in cover greatly increasing there wipeability due to squads being bunched up while in cover and limiting them to a more defensive role instead of an attack role.

Comet needs a slight buff with vet rate toned down. It cannot pen a panther most the time in the front has less armor and missed all the fning time, but cost more and comes much later.
20 Nov 2015, 00:08 AM

UKF's biggest problem is nonexistent artillery. Even when you go arty doctrine it's still garbage. The Mortar Pit is offensively potent, but too easily suppressed and destroyed by enemy indirect. So it gets built only occasionally. The Bofors arty thing is obviously in the same boat.

Tommy needing to get close to throw flares is fine in theory, actually I kind of like it as a mechanic. Regrettably the actual arty that hits as a result is highly underwhelming. The Sexton is a mediocre unit, and the they just nerfed the arty ability in that doctrine :loco:
20 Nov 2015, 00:38 AM
Patrion 28

Also about the churchill:

At the moment it's too cost effective when compared to the OKW P4. Cost increase was therefore necessary, but right now its priced too high.

Instead of 540mp / 180 fuel it should be 470 / 170 fuel. You need to keep in mind that at 180 fuel it will be a vet pinata for your enemies.

build the commander to reduce their vet by 20%! or did that bug get fixed?

personally, i think the churchill is more worth 160 fuel though; the ONLY advantage it has over a medium is the hp, everything else is the same or worse. the hp is big but the churchill has to be cheap enough that it can be used with the firefly while not being so cheap that it get's spammed. honestly it's somewhat hard to balance though as it's very effective against infantry based AT and not very effective against vehicle based AT (which i think is what relic wanted).
20 Nov 2015, 00:51 AM

it's not what we expect from emplacement, it's what we expect from artillery. It's a fact that the british's main "artillery" are either the mortar emplacement, the bofor ability, or the tommies artillery.

One of the biggest responsibility of artillery is to shell enemy position. Putting the british' artillery on emplacement force the british into a defensive posture with little chance of attack.

it's irresponsible to say that the british's main indirect fire are tied to emplacement and then tell us not to use those indirect emplacement offensively. Either the british need a non-doc mobile artillery or the mortar emplacement and tommies artillery need some drastic change.

Since when are tommies or the sniper emplacements?

Brits can dig in better than anyone else. It's only natural that they have a hard time regaining territory when forced off. They have to do it slowly and steadily.

20 Nov 2015, 00:56 AM

build the commander to reduce their vet by 20%! or did that bug get fixed?

personally, i think the churchill is more worth 160 fuel though; the ONLY advantage it has over a medium is the hp, everything else is the same or worse. the hp is big but the churchill has to be cheap enough that it can be used with the firefly while not being so cheap that it get's spammed. honestly it's somewhat hard to balance though as it's very effective against infantry based AT and not very effective against vehicle based AT (which i think is what relic wanted).

It's not only a HP advantage, it's the double amount of HP, its more hp than any heavy has, you need a lot of resources to counter this HP pool. Also the grenade ability wipes paks and the non doc smoke provides further utility. Its definitely worth 170.
20 Nov 2015, 01:09 AM

Since when are tommies or the sniper emplacements?

Brits can dig in better than anyone else. It's only natural that they have a hard time regaining territory when forced off. They have to do it slowly and steadily.

the tommies artillery are barely artillery. it require getting within grenade throwing distance to throw a obvious red smoke and then waiting forever for the weak shell to come down.
the sniper artillery is barely better, seeing as how you need to risk getting a vet1 360 mp unit. In addition, the sniper artillery is getting removed from the sniper in the preview as well, so it's down to the tommies artillery.

People complain about the british's direct combat unit, but then ignore their lack of artillery. Their breakthrough tank (churchill) is getting a heavy price nerf as well, so all the british are really good for at this point is defend, defend, and defend.

The british is going to need decent artillery if their combat unit keep getting nerf after nerf.
20 Nov 2015, 01:16 AM

the tommies artillery are barely artillery. it require getting within grenade throwing distance to throw a obvious red smoke and then waiting forever for the weak shell to come down.
the sniper artillery is barely better, seeing as how you need to risk getting a vet1 360 mp unit. In addition, the sniper artillery is getting removed from the sniper in the preview as well, so it's down to the tommies artillery.

People complain about the british's direct combat unit, but then ignore their lack of artillery. Their breakthrough tank (churchill) is getting a heavy price nerf as well, so all the british are really good for at this point is defend, defend, and defend.

The british is going to need decent artillery if their combat unit keep getting nerf after nerf.

They have great off map arty.

The base arty is all about area denial, not necessarily killing things.
20 Nov 2015, 01:21 AM

They have great off map arty.

The base arty is all about area denial, not necessarily killing things.

off map arty that are tied to specific doctrines. A faction can't be that overly reliant on the doctrine they pick to get access to such an important part of any army.

it get boring playing specific doctrine time after time just to get decent artillery.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 51
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak