Login

russian armor

Quitters Need to Be Shamed

• This thread is locked
9 Nov 2015, 17:26 PM

TL;DR - STOP GARDENING QUITTING! ARE THE ONLY GAMES YOU QUITTERS PLAY THE ONES WHERE YOU STEAMROLL?

I seldom see this being addressed on these forums and I can't be the only one who has experienced this. It's really ridiculous and this is an issue that goes beyond the game. Some of us think it is okay to just quit when the going gets tough. I'm a fair weather player, I play at least one game a day, I've played since the original COH, and nowadays I usually get the highest scores and win more than I lose. Not to brag, but just to show you where I'm coming from.

Because I only play only a game or so, I look forward to my matches. There is little more satisfying than fighting a slugfest with able opponents and winning! I'll accept the loss, if it means I've at least fought a competitive match. I'll accept getting steamrolled, if I just didn't play a good game against someone better than me or my teammates. I'll accept doing the steamrolling, because sometimes we're that much better than our matched opponents. What I cannot acccept under any circumstances, is folks quitting in the middle of a match because it's not going their way. Especially when we are losing the WHOLE GAME, they quit, and we end up turning it around. We turn it around not because they quit, but in spite of them quitting. We turn it around because we had the ability to turn it around all along. All we needed was patience, courage, and determination in waiting for the right opportunity. That opportunity doesn't come if you quit!

I just played a game that we were losing the whole match, it was a slug fest. Our surrender button is hit, me and my other mate select "No". No words are said, except I remark that "whoever did it should not hit that gardening button again". They do it again, me and my other mate say "No" again. The other dude leaves the game immediately. Over the next 10 or 15 minutes, we end up bringing our opponents to also opt for surrender, twice. The difference is they hung in, and happened to win this match. I wonder if we didn't have an inferior CPU playing, maybe we would have completed the turn around and won. The upsetting part is, usually the quitters are the sucky teammates who don't play well and aren't team players. This dude happened to be pretty good and wasn't whining as quitters usually do. He just quit. I felt sorry for him and I don't even know him.

I hope this is not taken as a rant because there is an objective here. There should be a pinned thread that politely shames quitters with replays, preferably of where you made a comeback DESPITE them quitting on you. I have a good dozen replays, most of which we successfully came back, but all of them displaying a disheartening display of human failure. I understand many of us are youngsters, or just immature in some aspects of our lives. That's fine, there is nothing wrong with any of that, that's life. That doesn't mean it's okay to be a quitter, ever. We need to take a stand against this disgusting attitude. Old, young, mature, immature, girl, boy, YOU DO NOT EVER QUIT! IT'S OVER WHEN IT'S OVER.

I wasn't going to put it up but garden that, Zippo you played a great game dude, we had this comeback nailed but we were missing a key ingredient out of the three: YOU, a bunch of courage, and a little luck. We had it all except YOU, right when we needed you. I'm not mad at you, just disappointed.

** Full disclosure: I'm making the assumptions about this match, maybe he had a legit reason. But it's a buildup of the dozens of times weak-willed human beings just gave up when they really didn't need to. Success was just waiting for them if they just gave it a chance. I'll be the first to apologize if I'm mistaken, but everything I've said stands regardless of this particular match.

•  
9 Nov 2015, 17:31 PM

9 Nov 2015, 17:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge

We can have this when they fix the Surrender button so it doesn't bug out and the matchmaking stops teaming me with people who will never surrender no matter what
9 Nov 2015, 17:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Also check 1.3 of the site rules:

1.3 Defamation of other users◦ Calling names or insulting other users by referring to them with a degrading/humiliating name is not allowed.
◦ This also includes being disrespectful to developers.
◦ Actions:◾ Any content directly or indirectly related to defamation of other users may be removed and in excessive cases the user may be banned for up to 7 days.

raw
9 Nov 2015, 17:33 PM

People leave games because
- they aren't having fun
- real life

First needs to be fixed by Relic, second is impossible to fix.

/Thread
9 Nov 2015, 17:37 PM

Honestly, people are always going to quit when things look dire.

It may be comeback of heroes but there's a time and a place for quittng.
9 Nov 2015, 17:38 PM

I agree matchmaking, ideally, should pair us up with equally skilled teammates against equally skilled opponents. Not a surprise to anyone that life isn't ideal. So we just quit? You don't see a problem with this attitude? That's why people lose. They don't even try because "this is not fair, or this isn't working right." You are the one not working right. Your attitude is not right. Your behavior is not right. You showed up to the play the game, so play the game! It's not going to be ideal. (I say "you", not you personally, but the general audience)
9 Nov 2015, 17:40 PM

Also check 1.3 of the site rules:

1.3 Defamation of other users◦ Calling names or insulting other users by referring to them with a degrading/humiliating name is not allowed.
◦ This also includes being disrespectful to developers.
◦ Actions:◾ Any content directly or indirectly related to defamation of other users may be removed and in excessive cases the user may be banned for up to 7 days.

Understood. It's not defamation if it's true. The dude quit. I didn't call him any names, neither did I insult him, in game or in this thread. He quit, that's a fact.
9 Nov 2015, 18:02 PM
Patrion 15

I've locked the thread. No good can come of this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★