Login

russian armor

Petition to give OKW a non-doctrinal MG

PAGES (8)down
4 Nov 2015, 10:34 AM

because you can move the T4 building from spot to spot, where you need suppression :foreveralone:
this thread is about a non doctrinal, mobile MG to suppress inf, blobs on the front.
And even if you micro your kubel and use it carefully, it dies between the early and mid game anyway.(pathing, focus fire etc.)

I just don't think suppression is the problem for OKW when there are a lot of non-MG-but-still-suppression-platforms.
Still I won't sign this ! :romeoMug:

OKW is inherently broken and mg-34 is a shit mg.Once allied inf gain vet ur mg34 will be shooting popcorn.

There we go, that's it. MG34 in the base building won't solve anything.
4 Nov 2015, 10:39 AM

Lets give USF dodge truck in T0 as well, because reasons.

Thats why.

Unit is not supposed to be part of core army and it shouldn't be there.
If someone is so desperate for HMG, then either pick the doctrine with it or play Ost.

Each army lacks something, some have it in the doctrines, but there isn't reason why it should be made stock, no matter how many people cry or scream for it.

Especially since OKW already have early game suppression platform and don't need it for late game because they have multiple units with suppression capabilities already.

OKW gets completely wiped off the map early game, that is the gap the MG34 is should be filling. Kubel does not do this because:
1) terrible pathing and stupid unit design, becoming useless after 5 minutes
2) It also occupies a sturmpioneer squad. Getting early vet on this unit is incredibly important, if you don't they will drop off even harder than they currently do. Kubel needs babysitting, and sturms don't get vet from repairing and capping. Kubel will die anyway, so you are losing pio vet for nothing.

I don't think it is disputable that OKW early game is currently terrible. This is because of bad volks, but also because of the lack of proper suppression. The kubel simply does not provide in this regard.

Effectively, as the situation is now, against some factions, you get locked into 2 doctrines, fort being ok in some cases, luft having good call ins, but 2 useless abilities and one extremely situational one.

Most OKW suppression isn't that good.
-Kubel, as stated, as lots of issues.
-Flack halftrack is bad because of the engine bug, but also because hard counters are so readily available against it. Rushing t70 and stuart is very good against OKW because of their poor early game presence, meaning you can get away with it.
-LeiG should have its suppression removed, but is nevertheless not a substitute for an HMG team.
-Flack halftrack doesn't count, its a stronger version of a bunker (which OKW does need pretty badly though because otherwise it simply has no way of holding territory). However, it does nothing for you in fights, so it doesn't really count. Just like I wouldn't count ost bunker as a proper form of suppression.

Sure each army doesn't need to have the same unit as stock, but this is a strong instance of the contrary. If anything, core MG34 promotes different builds with different unit interaction, making for more interesting game play. It would be quite interesting, for instance, to use an officer with the MG, and I think it would make that whole doctrine more viable again (outside of spamming fusils, which I personally found to be ineffective recently with allied vet buffs). Don't really see how you can argue against that.

Implementing the MG34 is hardly game breaking. It is already available, and those doctrines do not suddenly make OKW more op. If the Mg is generally buildable, it will merely make more build viable. Reasons like "okw already have enough suppression" just completely miss the point. The options OKW has are pretty ineffective.
4 Nov 2015, 11:02 AM

How can you say this, being a highly ranked OKW player? Wouldn't that suggest that any deficiencies are more down to individual skill rather than the faction itself then?

The mind boggles...

Great feeling to get into the top 10 because other players lose and you simply play one match every two week in order to keep your elo :foreveralone: I went from 13 to 4 simply by not playing :foreveralone: While with every ally faction I lose ranks when I don't play.
nee
4 Nov 2015, 11:05 AM

If Kubel as T0 suppression platform is oo fragile, then maybe the problem is not enough micro learn to play, or the Kubel should either be buffed in durability and/or given some sort of ability that grants durability at cost of, say, mobility (aka a sort of hull down)?

What exactly would making MG34 non-doctrinal solve, and how can you acquire that solution without just swapping doctrinal units with non-doctrinal ones? Sounds like the real problem is the Kubel, which means making it even less useful by making it a choosable option is not going to solve its problems, and in the meantime you also dilute faction diversity.

If Kubel has issues, they should be fixed, not the unit abandoned.
4 Nov 2015, 11:44 AM

FlakHT too weak, waste of fuel
Non-doc MG34 weakest HMG in game
Kubel useless past minute 10
Lugs Because you get a vet 5 luchs every game, when it reaches vet 5 it became redundant, because your probably one the game
Obersoldaten dont come with vet 4 out of the box, but sure show me how you control blobs with obers
ISG Doesn't cover flanks against blobs, also you seriously don't want to say its equal to HMG
Tier4 please show me how a flak hq substitutes a HMG

Not enough? :loco:
4 Nov 2015, 11:51 AM

Nah, 80 fuel flak halftracks HQ can actually teleport. That self destruct button us a lie.
4 Nov 2015, 12:11 PM

I think that, if Kubel were a little more durable, had its pathing issues somewhat worked out and its vet requirements reduced by 10-20%, it would make wonders to bring usefulness to the unit. I've been using it a lot, to great effect. But it is very micro taxing.
4 Nov 2015, 12:23 PM

One of the biggest problems I personally have noted with the Kubelwagen is the fact that it so easily breaks out of its suppression mode, and it needs to be babysat to a degree no other suppression platform does because the moment it swivels, its suppression breaks.

It would have a lot more lasting utility if it were given a toggle ability to switch into a fixed firing arc like any other MG unit, requiring a setup time, no longer being able to fire on the move, but also have an instant teardown time for backing away (think: 251/17 flaktrack).
4 Nov 2015, 12:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 10:11 AMJLI

the most meh hmg in the game is the maxim

Disagree.
4 Nov 2015, 12:50 PM

You don't need Jagdtiger, Sturmtiger or Sturm Officer, right? So you can choose Defensive Doctrine or Luftwaffe and get MG34. Problem solved!

Thanks for locking me into 2 doctrines.
4 Nov 2015, 12:53 PM

Thanks for locking me into 2 doctrines.

Ever played soviets? :sibHyena:
4 Nov 2015, 12:54 PM

Ever played soviets? :sibHyena:

Come on, you are not locked into just 2 doctrines as Soviets, don't bullshit me, and don't even try to say soviets have only 2 viable doctrines.
4 Nov 2015, 13:09 PM

Typical comment :) .
4 Nov 2015, 13:23 PM

Disagree on giving stock MG34 for OKW, agree on a major faction overhaul (that probably is never going to happen).
4 Nov 2015, 13:34 PM

Come on, you are not locked into just 2 doctrines as Soviets, don't bullshit me, and don't even try to say soviets have only 2 viable doctrines.

That depends if you want to actually win or just play.

If you go for wins, you're forced for shock frontline or ISU as static play with guards therefore guard rifle doc is heavily punished in current meta by indirect weapons and flames.

Sure, you can go hipster and play other doctrines, but only recently soviets can use more then two doctrines on meta level.
4 Nov 2015, 13:39 PM

That depends if you want to actually win or just play.

If you go for wins, you're forced for shock frontline or ISU as static play with guards therefore guard rifle doc is heavily punished in current meta by indirect weapons and flames.

Sure, you can go hipster and play other doctrines, but only recently soviets can use more then two doctrines on meta level.

Not necessarely. For example, I love that land lease doctrine, it's allways in my soviet loadout and I find M4C Shermann one of the best mediums in game. I like it more than EZ8.
I also don't find "hipster" doctrines those who have propaganda artilery which is cheap and effective especially against okw which is an infantry based faction. But I am afraid we just derailed this thread.
4 Nov 2015, 14:53 PM

OKW need a switch from kubel to mg-34. And than kubel need to be a good armored car and not a surpesion unit usefull in the first five minuts. And a lot of units need to be looked at, currently alot fall out of meta. Bassicly the whole faction need a overhualt like soviets did before the UKF release.
4 Nov 2015, 14:59 PM

it would be much easier if the flak track was simply buffed. decrease the setup time or buff the accuracy. OKW only needs an mg because mech is kind of poor atm.
4 Nov 2015, 15:42 PM

You have kubel, ISG, and Flack. You have the best combined suppression in the game in my book. Just works in another way.

People saying the mg34 is crap never used the USF 50 that get's instant murdered by a rifle grenade because of the grouping of models.

Or the Russian version where if it get's flame naded, all the models flip out trying to play hot potato picking up the MG until they die.

Cry more please.
4 Nov 2015, 16:03 PM
Donator 11

Fine, swap kubal with mg34.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %