Login

russian armor

In a 2v2 game one OKW player had 2 Kts. Is it normal?

3 Nov 2015, 20:38 PM

Hi! The title says it all. If I remember correctly there is a limit - 1 super heavy per player on the field at the same time. Am I mistaken or is it some kind of a bug?
3 Nov 2015, 20:39 PM

It applies ONLY to call in tanks.
3 Nov 2015, 20:40 PM
Donator 33

There's a limit for heavy call-ins....needless to say, KTs are no call-ins and thus are not limited.
3 Nov 2015, 20:42 PM

Ugh...Ok, thanks for the info. Now I'm puzzled what is the logic behind it.
3 Nov 2015, 20:52 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 20:42 PMAlexv
Ugh...Ok, thanks for the info. Now I'm puzzled what is the logic behind it.

Because having 2 KT's is rare and never usually happens and even when it does the counters are easy to make(if you didn't lose too much that is). The other explanation is that all core army tanks have no limits because they are a core part of the army and shouldn't be limited.
3 Nov 2015, 21:08 PM

Because having 2 KT's is rare and never usually happens and even when it does the counters are easy to make(if you didn't lose too much that is). The other explanation is that all core army tanks have no limits because they are a core part of the army and shouldn't be limited.

It is very rare indeed - it's a first time ever I have encountered it, hence "its a bug" reaction. Don't agree on easy counters though (as USSR)
3 Nov 2015, 21:13 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 21:08 PMAlexv

It is very rare indeed - it's a first time ever I have encountered it, hence "its a bug" reaction. Don't agree on easy counters though (as USSR)

KT has horrible range and is slow, double su85 can deter it every time it rolls up. Double KT is a bit of a problem, but if your teammate is using double su85 as well, you can just work together and focus fire on one KT. 4 su85s will kill it with no problem at all, since bazookas can penetrate its frontal armor :foreveralone:

Mine the shit out of everything as soon as you see it. If you only encounter one KT, double su85 will deal with it quite easily. I once had my KT countered by triple su76s :foreveralone:
3 Nov 2015, 21:30 PM

Is it normal that OKW is dead?
Is it normal that Su76 can pen the KT's front?
Is it ok that the KT is the most overpriced and underperforming heavy?
3 Nov 2015, 21:35 PM

KT has horrible range and is slow, double su85 can deter it every time it rolls up.

When I hear something like "German super heavies are cakewalk" I start to doubt I play the same game others do. In my game Su85 is expensive slowly moving slowly rotating barely usable on too many maps machine, that succumbs to a single PAK, P4 or a shreck squad. Its only use is to sit in an ambush under cover of mgs, mines, T34-85s or better yet IS2 - and hope that some action will happen somewhere directly in front of it and it will have a chance to do some damage, before opponent circles\smokes\blitzes the hell out of it and majestically retreats for repairs. /Rant
3 Nov 2015, 21:44 PM

1. Maybe it's dead now, I don't know. It was pretty much alive an hour ago, killing everything me and my mate threw at it.

2. I don't know, never seen this. KT usually twoshots SU76, so the question "is Su76 able to scratch some paint on KT" is somehow academic to me.

3. Well, I'm not an expert, but I play a faction that has a single doctrinal only heavy tank with a hitting power of T-34-76. And of course there can only be one on the field at any given time. In light of this I would question "KT is so weak" narrative I seem to be reading in this thread.
3 Nov 2015, 22:08 PM

Ok then;. can you provide the replay so we might be able to see what's happened and how? :)
3 Nov 2015, 22:27 PM

Ok then;. can you provide the replay so we might be able to see what's happened and how? :)

Here u go
3 Nov 2015, 22:32 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 21:35 PMAlexv

When I hear something like "German super heavies are cakewalk" I start to doubt I play the same game others do. In my game Su85 is expensive slowly moving slowly rotating barely usable on too many maps machine, that succumbs to a single PAK, P4 or a shreck squad. Its only use is to sit in an ambush under cover of mgs, mines, T34-85s or better yet IS2 - and hope that some action will happen somewhere directly in front of it and it will have a chance to do some damage, before opponent circles\smokes\blitzes the hell out of it and majestically retreats for repairs. /Rant

yeah but with its abilities it can outrange 90% of the things that threaten it. Use it to snipe in the back. Never said it was a cakewalk, just said that double su85 can reliably counter KT.
3 Nov 2015, 22:48 PM
Patrion 14

I'd much rather take the Churchills than the KT as OKW. And that is quite telling.
3 Nov 2015, 23:11 PM

yeah but with its abilities it can outrange 90% of the things that threaten it. Use it to snipe in the back. Never said it was a cakewalk, just said that double su85 can reliably counter KT.

A single unsupported KT with a disabled engine in a wide open field - yes, most definitely.
3 Nov 2015, 23:29 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 23:11 PMAlexv

A single unsupported KT with a disabled engine in a wide open field - yes, most definitely.

Well, good luck with your KT problem. Let us hope this attitude of yours brings you more tears and pain, you most certainly deserve it.

Cya
3 Nov 2015, 23:40 PM

Well, good luck with your KT problem. Let us hope this attitude of yours brings you more tears and pain, you most certainly deserve it.

Cya

A great way to treat those who don't agree with you on intricacies of some computer game. *Sigh*
3 Nov 2015, 23:43 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 23:40 PMAlexv

A great way to treat those who don't agree with you on intricacies of some computer game. *Sigh*

says the guy that makes a thread with a problem and then happily starts to criticize every aspect of the advice he gets. Solid, 10/10 would totally contribute again :facepalm:
3 Nov 2015, 23:54 PM

says the guy that makes a thread with a problem and then happily starts to criticize every aspect of the advice he gets. Solid, 10/10 would totally contribute again :facepalm:

Not every advice is automatically good and should be treated like a gospel. You cant honestly say I did not provide counterarguments, can you now? Besides, most of what I read here is "OKW is SO dead" kind of advices - they do not even look like ones. And I don't quite understand why you took it all so personal.
4 Nov 2015, 00:48 AM

No irl, no in many other games, but in this game, yes.

Its so stupid but welcome to lack of historical authenticity CoH2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★