Login

russian armor

When will we see CoH2 for consoles?

2 Nov 2015, 13:16 PM

Hi
I was wondering - when do you think will we see CoH2 for consoles?

There are some indications that it -migth- come for consoles/controllers:

1st: Relic have stated they found a "good way" of playing RTS games with controller: Eurogamer article

2nd: In game, it shows a small blue icon showing that the players are using mouse and keyboard. Why would it do that, if there are not coming an alternative input method?

3rd: CoH2 realeased for steamOS. SteamOS is a controllerbased linux operating system, meant for TVs and living rooms.

I know it won't be good for competitive, but on the other hand relic have a lot of focus on the casual market. And for a lot of people it would be a much more affordable way to play the game.

Alternatively it migth not be for consoles, but become playable with controllers - which will be nice for people like me, who have build a steambox.
3 Nov 2015, 17:32 PM

To be honest, as nice as that would be, I don't think that they will do it. Personally it will take a hell of a lot of new optimization and coding required to be compatible with consoles in general.Too much hassle for a game that is already a few years old.

As a result I don't think that we will see a COH 2 for consoles but who knows maybe if there is a COH 3 then they will be able to do it. Either way if they do then it should be fun watching those console users squirm at the power of micro management.

So yeah dude sorry but it ain't going to happen.
3 Nov 2015, 17:45 PM

Plz, no. Never.
3 Nov 2015, 17:49 PM

Voice & gesture controls could be precise and fast enough to allow competitive RTS play. Game pad controls on the other hand would be laughably awful.
3 Nov 2015, 20:16 PM

Isn't CoH2's code a mess? It probably won't happen.
4 Nov 2015, 15:28 PM

So many melted consoles... Do it relic , DO IT :banana:
4 Nov 2015, 16:07 PM

To let it fail like C&C on console? They'll lose way too much on that
11 Nov 2015, 11:26 AM

To let it fail like C&C on console? They'll lose way too much on that

Either way it seems strange that they have done the three things, that i pointed out in the OP.

It migth not be for consoles, but i think that we will see some gamepad oriented changes for steamOS at least.
11 Nov 2015, 11:49 AM

Do it! and make it cross over so it will be populated and a bunch of full retards for OKW lover to smack down every day :foreveralone:
11 Nov 2015, 12:12 PM

If it happens, prepare to see this forum take in ten fold the number of balance whiners.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★